2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies if this is over the top. Think I got carried away. Hope the lower teams' supporters don't take offence:

1 Hawthorn
2 Port
3 Sydney
4 Fremantle
5 Gold Coast
6 North
7 Geelong
8 West Coast

9 Richmond
10 Adelaide
11 Essendon
12 Brisbane
13 Collingwood
14 GWS
15 Dogs
16 Carlton
17 Melbourne
18 St Kilda

Hawks and Port are the clear top two for me. Frawley will provide good depth for the ageing Lake and Gibson, while Ryder is a great get for Port. Could easily swap these two around.

Sydney's star veterans are another year older, and they've lost Malceski. Still have enough quality to ensure top four though.

Fremantle were very underwhelming at times this year, and they haven't added anything to their list. Fourth is the highest I can see them finishing at the moment.

Gold Coast should shoot up the ladder with a fit Ablett and the quality addition of Malceski. Litherland provides some nice mid depth too.

North clearly think they're in a premiership window, and I just don't see it happening. I don't rate Waite or Higgins particularly highly, but perhaps they will turn it around at a new club. I like North for a few reasons but I just can't see them challenging for the flag next year. Fourth is as high as I can see them going. Sixth is where I reckon they'll sit, though.

Not sure what to make of the Cats. Similarly to Sydney they have star veterans who are a year older, but they do still have quality. Fourth to Eighth is their range in my opinion. Not convinced Clark and Stanley will make a big difference, and losing Christensen doesn't help.

West Coast really should have made the eight this year. A few injuries and some underwhelming losses should be rectified and they could finish higher than eighth with some improvement and luck.

Richmond in ninth, lol. Perhaps they can finally make a rise up the ladder and get deep into the finals but I'm far from convinced by their talls, aside from Jack, Rance and Ivan.

With Adelaide, Talia has a lot of pressure on him in defence, not convinced they can make a big climb up the ladder.

Who knows where Essendon will finish? They have quality players and Cooney and Giles should be decent additions, but losing Ryder and the expected but ambiguous ASADA bans will probably prevent them from making the finals in 2015.

Brisbane's midfield looks mint. Now they need the rest of a team. Can't see them making the finals.

Collingwood is still on the way down, especially after losing Beams. Injury prone key players in Brown and Reid make them very fragile in defence. The midfield is a far cry from what it once was in 2010-11. No finals in 2015.

Very useful additions for GWS in Patfull and Griffen, but they've lost a fair bit of depth as well, and will be relying heavily on Cameron and their mids to deliver the goals. Still a couple years away from finals.

Boyd will help straighten up the team, and I think he will play quite regularly next year, but he won't be the answer to all our problems straight away. Crameri and Stringer will probably outscore him. The loss of Griffen hurts, and even Cooney's absence will be noticed. The young guys will only get better though, and Roughead should be injury free, and thus our defence should improve. Can't see us making finals but perhaps 10th is achievable.

Carlton are a shambles. I don't know what direction they're going in but I can't see finals happening in 2015.

Melbourne and Saint Kilda are anchored to the bottom of the ladder accumulating high draft picks for at least another two years, maybe three.

nope, but a healthy Motlop, Vardy & Kersten helps. Improvements from Caddy, Guthrie and Thurlow is also a likely outcome plus the additions of Jansen, McCarthy, Lang, Kolodjashnij will make us a fairly solid outfit next season.
Clark & Stanley could be anything, if both slot 20 or more goals while also contributing in ruck, I think we may actually improve on this years output because we sorely missed that 2nd tall forward presence due to injuries to the other blokes.

yeap fair, as i said 4th-8th is their range imo, so if all those things go as well as you believe then another top four finish is definitely on the cards

not bad..except for Richmond 3rd and Adelaide 15th...

Lol, what the * is this, 'grading' predictions? You have as much of an idea as he does, no one has gone into the future.

1. Port
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Richmond
5. Sydney
6. North
7. Gold Coast
8. Brisbane

9. Essendon
10. Geelong
11. West Coast
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Adelaide
14. GWS
15. Carlton
16. Collingwood
17. St Kilda
18. Melbourne

18 St.kilda

That's all I want, bring on picks 1,2 as priority picks and potentially jack Steven leaving in FA giving us 1,2,3 but hope he stays
Why the duck would you want Steven to leave? He will be an integral part of our next core.

Edit - oh wait just noticed the very last line. Sorry

I'm viewing all these predictions of a bottom two finish as a good sign. For the past few years we've been tipped in these threads to make a jump and the opposite has occurred.

September here we come.

Sydney
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Fremantle

North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Geelong
Richmond

Adelaide
Essendon
West coast
Brisbane
Collingwood
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Melbourne
St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see a mid 2000s West Coast scenario happening though. Average defence and forward lines, but their gun midfielders carried them
Our defence was better than average. We had three All Australians back there in Glass, Wirrapanda and Waters. Our defence also boasted 265 gamer Banfield, Hunter (the ultimate swingman) plus Selwood, Butler and Brett Jones, who were serviceable.

Our forward line also worked well because we had lots of midfielders who could have an impact there (Brisbane look like they do too). Fletcher, Stenglein and Chick in particular spent a lot of time forward. Lynch also kicked 65 goals in our premiership year.

An awesome midfield alone won't win you a premiership, but you can build a premiership team around it. It's still up to Brisbane to develop their forward line and defence into something better than average at least.

Hawthorn 19-3 145%
Port Adelaide 18-4 141%
North Melbourne 17-5 122%
Sydney 16-6 120%
Fremantle 13-9 114%
Adelaide 13-9 117%
Geelong 12-10 111%
Brisbane 12-10 103%

Richmond 11-11 109%
West Coast 11-11 101%
Gold Coast 9-13 96%
Carlton 9-13 88%
GWS 9-13 82%
Collingwood 8-14 86%
Western Bulldogs 6-16 79%
Essendon 6-16 77%
St Kilda 5-17 72%
Melbourne 3-19 63%

Last edited:
1. Port Adelaide
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. Hawthorn
5. Gold Coast
6. Adelaide
7. North Melbourne
8. Brisbane
9. Geelong
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Carlton
13. GWS
14. Collingwood
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. St Kilda
18. Essendon

Last edited:
1 - Sydney
2 - Richmond
3 - Hawthorn
4 - Geelong
5 - Port Adelaide
6 - Gold Coast
7 - Fremantle
8 - Adelaide
9 - North Melbourne
10 - West Coast
11 - Collingwood
12 - Brisbane
13 - Carlton
14 - Western Bulldogs
15 - GWS
16 - Essendon
17 - St Kilda
18 - Melbourne

Port
Nth
Haw

Hawks Do it from 3rd this year beating "never been a faster team ever"

So Hawks threepeat by beating
1 most manic pressure team ever
2 most talent laden team ever
3 fastest team ever

Port
Nth
Haw

Hawks Do it from 3rd this year beating "never been a faster team ever"

So Hawks threepeat by beating
1 most manic pressure team ever
2 most talent laden team ever
3 fastest team ever

never seen a man boast so much about an event that hasnt taken place

If Melbourne did not get a priority pick this year there is no way St Kilda will next year.
Reason why they didn't according to the afl.
- won more games
- had a better %
- were more competitive in a lot of games

So saints to atleast qualify
- win less than 4 games
- have a worst % than 60, which was inflated due to our smashing of freo
- we are likely to be less competitive with Lenny retiring and moving out the older guys.

I think we have a shot at 1,2 or potentially Steven leaving giving us 1,2 if he leaved, which it don't hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Back