St Kilda

At this stage.

1. Port Adelaide - Will only improve
2. Sydney - Still a quality side, won't have a huge turnover
3. Hawthorn - As above
4. Fremantle - Were a bit underwhelming this year. Lack of KPPs is a concern
5. North Melbourne - Will improve slightly
6. Geelong - Will go backwards from this year, slightly
7. Richmond - Another inconsistent year, but squeeze into finals with other contenders struggling
8. Gold Coast Suns - Will improve

9. Essendon - Ignoring ASADA, I can't see them improving
10. Western Bulldogs - Young list, will improve
11. Adelaide - I'd have picked them for finals under Sanderson. Change of coach keeps them out of the 8
12. Brisbane Lions - Young list, possibly adding Dayne Beams. Will improve
13. Collingwood - Have gone backwards each year under Buckley
14. WC Eagles - Will have a tougher draw. I don't rate their youngsters
15. GWS - Will improve, but more slowly than GCS
16. Carlton - List should be gutted. Rebuild required
17. Melbourne - Only slightly better than the Saints
18. St. Kilda - Same as this year

Last edited:

Carlton need a key forward so Henderson can play in defence with Jamison and Rowe and a top two way mid to give Gibbs, Murphy + Thomas support.

If we happen to get a key forward and top two way mid I honestly believe we will do really well. All that would count is the mental toughness to win the close games. Which is the next step for my club.

1.Port
2.Freo
3.Swans
4.Hawks
5.Crows
6.Suns
7.Bombers
8.Cats
9.Eagles
10.Giants
11.Dogs
12.Pies
13.North
14.Lions
15.Blues
16.Tigers
17.Demons
18.Saints

Only injuries kept Freo out of a preliminary final this year and I reckon a fully fit team could have gone through to a consecutive grand final. Freo will make top 4 next year.

Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
West Coast
North Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Essendon
Geelong

Richmond
Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
GW Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
St. Kilda
Sydney

Last edited:
1. Richmond
2. Port Adelaide
3. North Melbourne
4. West Coast
5. Sydney
6. Hawthorn
7. Gold Coast
8. Adelaide

9. Carlton
10. Essendon
11. GWS
12. Western
13. St. Kilda
14. Fremantle
15. Geelong
16. Brisbane
17. Collingwood
18. Melbourne

Picking precise spots this far out is impossible so I'm just going to break them up into 3 areas.

Top 4 Shots-
Hawthorn
Sydney
Geelong
Port
Freo
Norths

Top 8 shots-
Gold Coast
Essendon
Collingwood
Richmond
Adelaide
West Coast

Making up the numbers-
Bulldogs
Brisbane
Carlton
Melbourne
St Kilda
GWS

1.Hawthorn
2.Sydney
3.Freo
4.Port
5.North
6.Geelong
7.Essendon
8.Richmond

9.West Coast
10.Collingwood
11.Adelaide
12.Gold Coast
13.Carlton
14.Bulldogs
15.Brisbane
16.GWS
17.Melbourne
18. Saints

1. Power - improving quickly, have the balance game.
2. Hawks - As long as Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hodge is there they will contend. Only "real" elite veteran team since Cats of 2011.
3. Swans - Since they are capped out with Tippet and Buddy they will regress as their older players decline and they are capped out by their top two contracts.
4. Dockers - will always finish 4th overall as they can't score enough to beat other top 4.

The rest of the top 8 are fillers... Until Suns pick up a couple more veteran stars they will only be knocking on the top 6.... If Beams go there... That's a huge boost.

Just outside top 8
- Pies - Half the team are under 24.
- crows - Need a shake down, can't seem to get their 2012 form back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle
Richmond
Geelong
West Coast
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton

North Melbourne
GWS
Melbourne
Essendon
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Adelaide
St Kilda
Brisbane Lions
Western Bulldogs

Can't be bothered giving explanations yet.

Fremantle
Richmond
Geelong
West Coast
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton

North Melbourne
GWS
Melbourne
Essendon
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Adelaide
St Kilda
Brisbane Lions
Western Bulldogs

Can't be bothered giving explanations yet.
No need for explanations, you're hilarious predicted ladder says it all. :)

No need for explanations, you're hilarious predicted ladder says it all. :)
Definitely unorthodox. Admittedly I think it's a joke too. Will probably re-think a lot of the positions later instead of posting before thinking.

However I do think dogs will finish low on the ladder as I don't think Brendan McCarthy has much more to offer for them. I thought this year would be their breakthrough year and whilst they haven't been awful, they haven't met my expectations. Therefore I think Doggies need a new coach next year.

Hope I'm wrong though because they are probably one of my more liked AFL teams.

Definitely unorthodox. Admittedly I think it's a joke too. Will probably re-think a lot of the positions later instead of posting before thinking.

However I do think dogs will finish low on the ladder as I don't think Brendan McCarthy has much more to offer for them. I thought this year would be their breakthrough year and whilst they haven't been awful, they haven't met my expectations. Therefore I think Doggies need a new coach next year.

Hope I'm wrong though because they are probably one of my more liked AFL teams.
saying we will finish last was not my concern about it, although strongly disagree, was more Richmond 1st and carlton in the 8 and eagles before port syd and hawks i found funny...lol

You really can't do this until after trade week. Here goes
1. Port
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. Richmond
5. Hawthorn
6. Gold Coast
7. Adelaide
8. West Coast
9. GWS
10. North Melbourne
11. Geelong
12. Carlton
13. Melbourne
14. Collingwood
15. Brisbane
16 .Bulldogs
17. Saints
18. Essendon

Last edited:
You really can't do this until after trade week. Here goes
1. Port
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. Richmond
5. Hawthorn
6. Gold Coast
7. Adelaide
8. West Coast
9. GWS
10. Melbourne
11. Geelong
12. Carlton
13. Melbourne
14. Collingwood
16. Bulldogs
17. Saints
18. Essendon

Now is hardly the time for us to be splitting up the club, but if it gets us up the ladder then I'm for it.

;)

saying we will finish last was not my concern about it, although strongly disagree, was more Richmond 1st and carlton in the 8 and eagles before port syd and hawks i found funny...lol
Ah ok, fair enough.

I put tigs 2nd because they won 9 consecutive games at the end of the year. Statistically teams that finish as well as that at the end of a season head into the next season high of confidence (eg. West Coast 2004->2005, Sydney 2011-> 2012, Freo 2012->2013).

I put West Coast 4th because I think they are starting to shred that tag of being flat track bullies with away wins vs Adelaide and Gold Coast. Plus they have an amazing list with remarkable key players. Hope I'm wrong because they are my least liked team in the AFL.

I don't know why I put Carlton 8th, starting to think that's bullshit.

Maybe a few of Port, Hawks and Swans may finish low due to injuries or something, general form etc... Probs would reconsider them in higher positions though ha ha.

Not an easy ladder to predict next year's ladder these days though due to the bulk of teams improving/dis-improving as well as free agency.

Ah ok, fair enough.

I put tigs 2nd because they won 9 consecutive games at the end of the year. Statistically teams that finish as well as that at the end of a season head into the next season high of confidence (eg. West Coast 2004->2005, Sydney 2011-> 2012, Freo 2012->2013).

I put West Coast 4th because I think they are starting to shred that tag of being flat track bullies with away wins vs Adelaide and Gold Coast. Plus they have an amazing list with remarkable key players. Hope I'm wrong because they are my least liked team in the AFL.

I don't know why I put Carlton 8th, starting to think that's bullshit.

Maybe a few of Port, Hawks and Swans may finish low due to injuries or something, general form etc... Probs would reconsider them in higher positions though ha ha.

Not an easy ladder to predict next year's ladder these days though due to the bulk of teams improving/dis-improving as well as free agency.
easier id say after trades are done and drafts i guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back