2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Stranger things have happened. FWIW I think they'll make the top 4 too but they were 14-8 this season. That's not the record of a team that's locked in the 8 before the season is played.
It's funny,
Port finished 14-8, made a prelim, were talked about glowingly all year, everyones second team, and are expected to go deep next year.
North finished 14-8, made a prelim, beat Port, yet apparently we "over achieved" this year.

It's funny,
Port finished 14-8, made a prelim, were talked about glowingly all year, everyones second team, and are expected to go deep next year.
North finished 14-8, made a prelim, beat Port, yet apparently we "over achieved" this year.
made a prelim and got absolutely smashed.

Our midfield is decent, not one of the best but far from the worst. Much better than the Eagles mids though.
Mmmmmm. cough cough. if I recall correctly, I believe only nine players at Richmond polled votes in the Brownlow. They must have all been part of that 'decent" midfield you talked about.

It's funny,
Port finished 14-8, made a prelim, were talked about glowingly all year, everyone's second team, and are expected to go deep next year.

You're forgetting the next week. The prelim. Losing by the first quarter tends to say you overachieved.
Everything gets found out in finals. Port had a glowing finals series, crushing Richmond by the first quarter, beating Fremantle in the West in an inspiring comeback and going toe-to-toe with the premiers, the Hawks, only losing by 3 points in the end.

North won 2 close encounters against Essendon and Geelong (both great games IMO) but were destroyed by Sydney. It's the same as us making it to the GF in 2007 and getting smashed by the Cats by a similar margin. It means you went 1 game too far.

Not saying you won't do well next year, I personally think you will. However, it's clear to see why the majority believe there is more upside and potential to Port's season than North's.

I also get the impression that Port would've beaten North in the Finals had they crossed paths. But hey, that's just theory which means nothing.

No one thought much of Port's 2013 finals series either. People predicted us to be "found out" and suffer "second year blues" with the tough fixture in 2014. Then went on to make the prelim. So make of that what you will.

Good luck for next year though.

Mmmmmm. cough cough. if I recall correctly, I believe only nine players at Richmond polled votes in the Brownlow. They must have all been part of that 'decent" midfield you talked about.
Imo using the brownlow as any measure is folly. G Williams had 45 odd possessions and yet didn't get a vote to lose the medal. Go figure.

1.sydney
2.hawthorn
3.frem
4.north m
5.port
6.west c
7.rich
8.ess
9.geel
10.coll
11.adel
12.gold c
13.w bull
14.bris
15.carl
16.gws
17.melb
18.stk

sides that i might be wrong with: carlton (malthouse is very good coach), coll & geel (still quality teams), gold c (young quality), adel (a bit of a unknown), north (may just have had a good 2014)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm well apparantly then if our backline and forward line is weak and our midfield isnt even decent Im not sure how we have managed to make the finals in consecutive years as opposed to missing them both years like the Eagles.

Could you explain that one to me?

I guess West Coast are more satisfied with individual success rather than team success.

North won 2 close encounters against Essendon and Geelong (both great games IMO) but were destroyed by Sydney. It's the same as us making it to the GF in 2007 and getting smashed by the Cats by a similar margin. It means you went 1 game too far.

Similar margin? Lol. 12 goals and 20 goals are not similar margins.

Imo using the brownlow as any measure is folly. G Williams had 45 odd possessions and yet didn't get a vote to lose the medal. Go figure.
Tbf though, he king hit a bloke the previous year but didn't get suspended to win the Brownlow so it somewhat atones for that.

Last edited:
Our midfield is decent, not one of the best but far from the worst. Much better than the Eagles mids though.
Richmond are shocking all over the field. Won't get near a fit West Coast next year.

I'm not a fan of Richmond's defence or forward line but to say Richmond's midfield is shocking is just patently untrue. Their midfield is basically the only reason I have them on the fringe of the top 8.

Richmond are shocking all over the field. Won't get near a fit West Coast next year.
Your argument that we are terrible doesnt make sense. If we were that bad we wouldnt have made finals 2 years running. Dont get me wrong we have a long way to go to reach the bench mark but we are definetely a top 8 level side and will be in finals contention for sure.

So, with the fixture and everything out my new ladder looks something like:

1. Sydney
2. Port Adelaide
3. Hawthorn
4. Fremantle
5. North Melbourne
6. Essendon
7. Geelong
8. Adelaide
-----------------------------------------------
9. Richmond
10. Gold Coast
11. West Coast
12. Brisbane
13. Collingwood
14. Greater Western Sydney
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. Carlton
18. St. Kilda

You're forgetting the next week. The prelim.
No I didn't. I did say that both teams played in the prelim.
That is a very convenient argument. You beat Geelong in the second last round in Geelong that year, finished second on the ladder, and then won your prelim by 15 goals, to then have you well placed for a decent crack at the flag. So to say you went 1 game too far (even though you lost by heaps) is a cop out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back