10. West Coast
11. Collingwood
12. Adelaide
13. Western Bulldogs
14. GWS
15. Carlton
16. Melbourne
17. St Kilda

* Honestly have no idea where to place Essendon so I left them out. If ASADA hand out 6+month bans, they'll be last. If ASADA are soft/by some miracle they're let off, I expect they'll be playing finals.

Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Essendon*
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Geelong
----------
West Coast
Adelaide
Richmond
GWS
Brisbane
Collingwood
Footscray
Melbourne
St Kilda
Carlton

1) Sydney
2) port
3) Hawks
4) freo
5) North
6) Gold Coast
7) Richmond
8) west coast

9) geelong
10) Adelaide
11) Brisbane
12) Essendon
13) collingwood
14) Bulldogs
15) gws
16) melb
17) Carlton
18) saints (bring on pick #1 again!!)

1) Hawks
2) port
3) Sydney
4) Freo
5) North
6) Essendon *
7) Richmond
8) Geelong

9) Gold Coast
10) West Coast
11) Adelaide
12) Brisbane
13) collingwood
14) GWS
15) Bulldogs
16) melb
17) Carlton
18) saints

* Who knows...

Port
Freo
Sydney
Hawthorn
North
GC
Essendon
Adelaide

Richmond
WCE
Carlton
WB
Geelong
GWS
Brisbane
Collingwood
Melbourne
StK

Port Adelaide
Sydney
Fremantle
North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Richmond
Hawthorn
Essendon
-------------------
Collingwood
Geelong
West Coast
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Brisbane
Melbourne
GWS
Carlton
StKilda

1st Week Finals
Port Dft North
Sydney Dft Freo
Essendon Dft Gold Coast
Hawthorn Dft Richmond

2nd Week Finals
North Dft Essendon
Hawthorn Dft Fremantle

Prelim Finals
Port Dft Hawthorn
Sydney Dft North

Grand Final
Port Vs Sydney (Toss of the coin)

I think we assume with Essendon that there will be no penalties, so their full list will be available.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Gold Coast
6. Geelong
7. North Melbourne
8. Adelaide

9. Essendon
10. West Coast
11. Richmond
12. Brisbane
13. Collingwood
14. GWS
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. Carlton
18. St Kilda

1 Port Adelaide
2 Sydney
3 Fremantle
4 Hawthorn
5 North Melbourne
6 Richmond
7 Geelong
8 Gold Coast
---------------------
9 Essendon
10 Adelaide
11 Collingwood
12 Brisbane
13 Western Bulldogs
14 Carlton
15 GWS
16 West Coast
17 St Kilda
18 Melbourne

Port
Hawks
Sydney
North
Fremantle
Gold Coast
Richmond
Essendon

Geelong
Adelaide
Collingwood
Brisbane
West Coast
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Melbourne
Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i couldnt bare to put us on the bottom again:(
So instead of doing the end of season ladder im doing the end of season draft pick order where we will be number 1:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Childish i know, but its the only way i could put a positive spin on us being crap again :p
1..St.Kilda
2..Dees
3..Dogs
4..Blues
5..GWS
6..Eagles
7..Cats
8..Lions

9..Crows
10..Pies
11..Drugs
12..Suns
13..Kangas
14..Tigers
15..Freo
16..Swans
17..Hawks
18..Port

1 - Swans - think they still have a quality team across the park
2 - Hawks - are timeless, will be up again
3 - Port - seriously building and should make top 3
4 - North - think they will gain huge confidence from their 2014 finals series
5 - Freo - A Ross Lyon led team should be up there when the whips are cracking
6 - Suns - really need to deliver and should with a nice easy run early
7 - Cats - again timeless but time is starting to catch up with them
8 - Crows - like Walsh and think they have the players to push themselves
9 - Tigers - ninthmond
10 - Bombers - along with Richmond are a huge chance to make finals
11 - Eagles - still think they are a few years from making it
12 - Lions - huge improvement but their KPP depth will keep them out
13 - Giants - improvements but think 2016 might be their year
14 - Pies - all downhill from here
15 - Blues - same as the pies, however they are dangers to anyone above them
16 - Demons - slight improvement but hard to see them beating most teams
17 - Bulldogs - been gutted with a host of senior players leaving
18 - Saints - tough one but realistically there are a number of teams vying for the spoon

Its a really really tough year to predict with a number of teams all vying for numerous set positions. Think it might prove to be one of the tightest ladders in recent years, especially through the middle and lower rungs of the ladder.

A lot of it will come from belief, you saw how it changed us against Freo and early on in the piece, and you could see how bad it hurts you when looking at Richmond early on, or good when looking at Port over the past two years. Its a crazy crazy game!

Last edited:
Lots of Carlton to the bottom 2 talk (not just here), but I think many are getting a bit caught up with the fact that they have the least appealing list in the league (consensus view, definitely mine), but are forgetting that they still seem to be aiming highish, that Mick is likely to still be playing to win (and that he has a history of getting an ordinary list to play "above themselves") and that they have an easier draw than they did last year, due to finishing as low as they did last year.

Unless they have a really bad injury run (and this time last year almost half their list had offseason surgery, which has reportedly not been close to the case this year) I don't see Mick coaching a list with Judd, Gibbs, Murphy, Thomas, Walker, Yarran, Simpson, Henderson, Kreuzer, (coming off potentially his first ever full preseason), Jamison, Menzel (3rd year, could do a Wingard), Casboult, Everitt, Rowe, Docherty, Carrazzo, Touhy and new/recent additions like Buckley, Cripps, Jones, Whiley, Graham, Boekhurst and Jaksch (who all look ready to play immediately, if they haven't been already) to the bottom of the ladder, this year at least.

Would find it highly amusing if it happened, but I see WB as far more likely to be fighting it out with us for the spoon, given their losses of Griffen, Cooney, Higgins, Gia, Jones and Tutt (a big chunk of experience, speed and skill, all of which they were already lacking, especially speed and skill) and given that all of Murphy, M Boyd and Morris are turning 33yo this year and that T Boyd is unlikely to make a big difference to their team yet.

If we thought we had a big gap in the 24yo-28yo sort of age range, just check out the chasm they now have in the 24yo-33yo age bracket! :eek: It is HUGE, with almost no genuine quality at all and if they get any sort of bad run with injuries, they could very easily finish bottom of the ladder, IMO, given how inexperienced their depth is, especially if we finally have a decent injury run ourselves.

Before this current offseason they were probably two years ahead of us in the rebuild, but given their significant offseason losses their rebuild could have been set back at least a year, at least as far as their ladder position is concerned and how long it will take for them to move into genuine finals contention again (especially with Murphy, Boyd and Morris still to likely retire soon). I reckon for them to not lose ground this year they will have done damn well and will probably need to have had an exceptionally injury free year, especially since the Griffen and Cooney tags will now be going straight to the likes of Macrae.

^^I put Carlton on the bottom more because that's where I want to see them. I just think it's hilarious that they got Mick in to win a flag and all they've done since is go backwards. :D :D

Carlton will be an enigma I reckon. They still have that mid tier ability at best but their list really has no where to go but down.

The game can shift pretty quickly so a Carlton spoon is still a good chance.

The reason no-one but those who support Carlton seems to rate their list is because it is so meh and just seems to be directionless and neither here nor there. Neither strong enough now or any time soon to be in genuine premiership contention in the short term and nowhere near strong enough looking as far as young talent goes for it be able to compete with the likes of Gold Coast, Port, Sydney (with all their academy and F/S bargains) and GWS, long term. It's massively concerning how little their under 22yo or so group have played compared to pretty much every other team and apart from Menzel it's hard to see much to get super-excited about, as far as that lot go.

They seem to be pretty much putting all their eggs in the "get-a-huge-name-or-two-through-FA-or-a-trade" basket (in spite of the fact their cap is meant to be chockers at the moment) and if that doesn't happen it could literally be at least 10 more years before they are in serious premiership contention again, as they will probably have to start a full rebuild, if they don't want to stay in no-mans-land forever.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. North
5. Suns
6. Freo
7. Adelaide
8. Brisbane

9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. West Coast
12. Essendon
13. Collingwood
14. GWS
15. Saints
16. Bulldogs
17. Carlton
18. Melbourne

I think we could even finish a couple of spots higher. Call me optimistic but..

1. With Fisher, Gilbert* (hopefully), Hickey and Geary back that will relieve pressure on Longer, Delaney and a few of the younger players in defence
2. Steven and Armo fully fit and hopefully back to their best
3. Players like Savage, Weller, Newnes getting into the 50 - 100 game mark
4. Continued improvement of Dunstan, Templeton, Billings, Acres, Ross, Saunders, Curren, Webster, Wright and Murdoch etc, forcing a healthy competition for spots

Our list is looking similar to Port Adelaides list 2-3 Years ago.

Port
Hawks
Swans
Dockers

Tigers
Roos
Suns
Lions

Cats
Peptides
Crows
Eagles
Pies
Giants

Blues
Demons
Saints
Dogs

I reckon the dogs are in trouble. They lost their 3 best players, as good as they're young midfielders are, big shoes left to fill, libba and macrae will cop a lot of attention now.
I feel damn sorry for dog's supporters. They were on track in their rebuild but with their players gone and Boyd a MASSIVE million dollar gamble they could bust so easily.

I reckon the dogs are in trouble. They lost their 3 best players, as good as they're young midfielders are, big shoes left to fill, libba and macrae will cop a lot of attention now.
They are. The Griffen trade stuffed them up. Massive overs on Tom Boyd

1. Port Adelaide (Premiers)
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Nth Melbourne
5. Gold Coast
6. Brisbane Lions
7. Collingwood
8. Geelong
9. Fremantle
10. Richmond
11. West Coast