2015 ladder predictions

Yes it was a great win... Swans are still always tough... But come on they had their best forward... Best midfielder... And best ruck out

How would we have gone without riewoldt cotchin and maric

Yeah good question but at that stage of the year was Kennedy there best mid ? He had major injury issues prior so his omission IMO did not hinder the swans. No buddy your right, I conceded that made the game look easier but how would Rance have felt as he would have pre pared for buddy all week and he did not play so rance had to adjust for tippet and gave him a bath.

Also the state of the ground, would it helped that tall timber down there ? IMO look at the swans in. They had there full back line in, there midfield still had all there guns outside of Kennedy and there forward line had Reid who was brought in. Keep in mind, we had outs as well. Jackson had retired, Knights did not play all year..so on and so on.

As to ruck, I dont rate pyke that much and believe even with Pyke, maric would have still won that contest.

I say the above, to illustrate, it was not a easy win as some of the haters on the main board claim.

Derricks who had aqcuitted himself well all year

gold

Yes it was a great win... Swans are still always tough... But come on they had their best forward... Best midfielder... And best ruck out

How would we have gone without riewoldt cotchin and maric

we would have gone like dog s**t

FYI their best ruck played for GWS all year and i've got Kennedy just behind Jack & Parker

1. Sydney
2. Port Adelaide
3. Hawthorne
4. Fremantle
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Richmond
8. Gold Coast

9. Essendon (who knows)
10. Adelaide
11. Brisbane
12. Collingwood
13. West Coast
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Carlton
16. Melbourne
17. GWS
18. St Kilda

I think that it'll be a close battle out of the top 3 and a close battle for 8th between GC, Essendon, Adelaide and Brisbane but GC just scrapes in.

Logic says Buddy is worth an extra goal per whoever they have up forward...but that's the only rider I have.

Kennedy had been injured for a while yes? And Maric would have done the job on Pike anyway..wet days aren't great for ex Union boys I would have thought

I enjoyed watch Adam G completely faark the last 2 minutes...good stuff!!

Lol the Swans lost to the Hawks by about our margin to Port...and we know the Hawks just go there. No one has kicked the s**t out of swans, the druggies, the straight sets of the cats and dockers, norf's hiding...yet our performance, s**t tho it was...was against the #2 outfit in the league getting stuff together

The Dockers and Cats will hold ground at best I reckon...the slide approaches, this year or next.

Don't see Norf getting way better..if you have to draft in a 32yo KPF to match your other ancient bugger, then I'm not sold.

I'm backing our lads...it's all above the shoulders with us

Suns are coming...and the Druggies are meh with their best, let alone the topups!!

Pre-Nab 26Feb15

Gold Coast
Bulldogs
GWS

Wayne Carey tipped us to slide out of the 8 last year, after we'd just come off a 15-8 season.

Reason: the vibe.

He just didn't feel like we were a finals team.
s**t he was an awesome draw off being right. Brave call when we played Saints GWS and Brisbane twice . His footy vibe isn't as stinky as his off field vibe.

Tot
Yeah good question but at that stage of the year was Kennedy there best mid ? He had major injury issues prior so his omission IMO did not hinder the swans. No buddy your right, I conceded that made the game look easier but how would Rance have felt as he would have pre pared for buddy all week and he did not play so rance had to adjust for tippet and gave him a bath.

Also the state of the ground, would it helped that tall timber down there ? IMO look at the swans in. They had there full back line in, there midfield still had all there guns outside of Kennedy and there forward line had Reid who was brought in. Keep in mind, we had outs as well. Jackson had retired, Knights did not play all year..so on and so on.

As to ruck, I dont rate pyke that much and believe even with Pyke, maric would have still won that contest.

I say the above, to illustrate, it was not a easy win as some of the haters on the main board claim.
Totally agree sydney would still have beaten probably at least 14 other sides that night.

I do agree but they would of shat it in against us if they didn't rest 5 of their best 22 against us as well. Great game though and celebrated hard by all of us like it should of been but the result would of been different for us if they hadn't .

And if we didn't have 4 of our best players missing against the Dogs we would've shat that in too. It evens out over the course of the season and we deserved to play finals (or more accurately: final)

This would be so much easier if the AFL released a 2015 ladder predictor already.

1. Hawks
2. Port
3. Sydney
4. Freo
5. Tigers
6. Norf
7. Cats
8. Suns
^^^ good teams ^^^
vvv shitter teams vvv
9. Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Druggiees
12. Pies
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. Dogs
16. GWS
17. Dees
18. Saints

I love this Predicition! but North will be 5th, Geelong 6th, Richmond 7th, Gold Coast no finals Chances, Bulldogs Wooden Spoon. West Coast Finals.

I too don't see the North hype. Recently they have been just starting to gel as a side but its their older players in Dal Santo, Wells, Harvey, Firrito and Petrie who are all key cogs to their success. Remind me a bit of us back in 2001.
1. Port
2. Freo
3. Hawthorn
4. Sydney
5. North
6. Suns
7. Geelong
8. Richmond
-------------------
9. Collingwood
10. Adelaide
11. Essendon
12. Carlton
13. GWS
14. Brisbane
15. Melbourne
16. West Coast
17. Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

The Team you put in 2nd was Wooden spooners in 2001 & 1st Placed team were eliminated straight sets (Yes Go Hawks!!!) & Yes West Coast was 3rd Last & Collingwood was 9th. No Finals for Gold Coast. Geelong will be 6th.

Let's ask bigfooty's very own psychic, Connar

Connar thoughts?

Here are the best Predictions for Season 2015:

Adelaide - 9th on Ladder
Brisbane - Win 9 Games in 2015
Carlton - 3rd Last on Ladder
Collingwood - No 2015 Finals
Essendon - Players might be Suspended which will see them no higher than 12th
Fremantle - Best 4th Placed Team since 2006
Geelong - No Higher than 6th
Gold Coast - 11-11 H & A Record
Greater Western Sydney - Win 7 Games for 2015
Hawthorn - Finish Top of Ladder but no Holy Grail
Melbourne - Win 8 or 9 Games in 2015
North Melbourne - 5th on Ladder
Port Adelaide - Grand Final
Richmond - Advance to Semi Final
St Kilda - 2nd Last on Ladder
Sydney - Top 4 but no Holy Grail
West Coast - Most Improved Team for Season 2015
Western Bulldogs - Wooden Spoon

And if we didn't have 4 of our best players missing against the Dogs we would've shat that in too. It evens out over the course of the season and we deserved to play finals (or more accurately: final)
Their players weren't injured though , cloud over Kennedy but saving him for the following week more so

Here are the best Predictions for Season 2015:

Adelaide - 9th on Ladder
Brisbane - Win 9 Games in 2015
Carlton - 3rd Last on Ladder
Collingwood - No 2015 Finals
Essendon - Players might be Suspended which will see them no higher than 12th
Fremantle - Best 4th Placed Team since 2006
Geelong - No Higher than 6th
Gold Coast - 11-11 H & A Record
Greater Western Sydney - Win 7 Games for 2015
Hawthorn - Finish Top of Ladder but no Holy Grail
Melbourne - Win 8 or 9 Games in 2015
North Melbourne - 5th on Ladder
Port Adelaide - Grand Final
Richmond - Advance to Semi Final
St Kilda - 2nd Last on Ladder
Sydney - Top 4 but no Holy Grail
West Coast - Most Improved Team for Season 2015
Western Bulldogs - Wooden Spoon
are u really a pshycic. what were your predictions last year

I predicted Hammer to stink it up royally does that make me psychic or does it just mean I'd seen him play at Carlton before?

Hammer was one of the most dominant tap ruckman in the league until he was ridiculously dropped for a decent 'trier'.... He also kicked a fantastic goal against the Swans and to be honest, his absence from our finals team probably cost us the Port Adelaide game.... I would go so far as to say.... yeah nah, I can't go on. He's crap, he looked crap at Carlton (bar from 1 decent qtr against us 1 year) and in general most people expected him to be crap. I can honestly say I didn't think he would have been quite as crap around the ground as he was last year but live and learn.

1. Port - Adelaide Oval is a fortress and they are good enough to win 4-5 away games.
2. Sydney - Tippett fit and Buddy settled means the Swans will be back up there again
3. Hawthorn - should still be there about but question on the hunger levels
4. Fremantle - home games in Perth will give them a good platform and like Port good enough to win a couple interstate
5. Geelong - everyone predicts them to fall practically every year they just know how to get it done when it counts
6. North - prelim final last year and topped up with some experience to try and take the next step
7. Gold Coast - Eade is a shrewd coach and will get the best out of the Suns. Were finals bound before Gary went down.
8. West Coast - like Freo they'll win enough games in Perth to set a foundation and should win 4-5 on the road.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Adelaide - despite having a new coach they have a talented list and were 11-11 last year. Should still be middle of the table.
10. Richmond - yep I'm tipping us to slide out of the 8. Reason being that I see us having a little bit of a changing of the guard with a few youngsters coming into the side. Be interesting to see how the fans react to us taking a step back to go 2 forwards from 2016.
11. Essendon - the ASADA suspensions will end up being slaps on the wrist and will result in Essendon falling away but not all the way to the bottom.
12. Collingwood - despite their win over Hawthorn they are in a world of hurt their forward line is Cloke, their backs are constantly injured and their midfield is lacking with Swan getting on and Beams gone. They will look to take another stab at the top end of the draft to replenish their list again.
13. Brisbane - a slow build still. Despite getting Beams and Christensen into the side they still lack KPP options that can stand up when needed.
14. Carlton - despite having a number of players from their best side missing they looked ordinary tonight and I just can't see them being competitive enough to win more than 7-8 games. Time for a full blooded rebuild
15. Bulldogs - new coach and a lot of young kids means that they will struggle for consistency. There are some good signs for fans with their group of young stars in the midfield and KPP talent.
16. GWS - really they should be higher than this given their talent, but until they start putting the results on the board I just can't put them any higher than this. Wouldn't be shocked to see them up around 13-14th come seasons end if it clicks.
17. Melbourne - again they have plenty of talent available but if Roos continues down the path of defending without trying to score they just won't win enough games to go any higher than last year.
18. Saints - simple goal for them, play kids and develop them for the future. Maintain their spot at the head of the draft and keep adding the best talent available. Still a good 3-4 years away from being back in finals.