2015 LFFL Finals Series: Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Semi-final 1: South West Dragons $1.90 vs Classy Gentlemen $1.90

In the first clash of the do-or-die semi finals, we have a side that was almost unbeatable in the first half of the season and has come crashing to a halt, against a perennial underperforming side that has been scoring so impressively of late, the question has been asked if they can snag the flag. While the Dragons arguably have the more consistent line-up, Classy Gentlemen have a few stars who can really score big on their day such as Josh P. Kennedy, Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin. However if those three are kept quiet, there aren't many who are capable of consistent 40+ scores. Liam Shiels form has been beyond outstanding, but how much longer he can pump out 50+ scores as tackler is yet to be seen.

The Dragons took a risk dropping Ward and bringing in Jarrad Waite, one that didn't pay off and here they are. Scott Pendlebury still has something not quite right and it wouldn't be completely a surprise if the Pies put him into surgery, ending his season and quite possibly the Dragons' too. Jarryd Roughead needs to find his best form again, as does Brett Ebert and Kade Simpson, both of whom have dropped off the face of the planet, possibly similar to their teams' fortunes. It's hard to pick a winner because on form, Classy Gentlemen easily get the nod, but on overall consistency in the line-up, it's the Dragons.

Semi-final 2: Animals run wild $1.80 vs The Ladyboys $2.00

In the second semi-final, two consistently impressive sides in Animals run wild and The Ladyboys face off. The Animals are the reigning premiers and would be looking to go back-to-back, but it will be a steep test without Luke Parker who will be missing for the remainder of the LFFL Finals Series. The Ladyboys have had their fair share of injuries too, but both are looking to make this clash an impressive contest.

It's hard to split the two sides, but the Animals will go in favourites based on consistency, while The Ladyboys recent form has also been ultra impressive. Either of these sides has a claim to take out the LFFL premiership, but only one will be left after this round. It will come down to whether Drew23 can make the right changes in Parkers' absence, while for WAG, it will be a case of if the side can continue to perform at the level required for the remaining three weeks. Either way, one of the best sides in the competition won't make it through to the last four, as we, the LFFL public wait with baited breath.

The awkward moment when you realise Josh Gibson is leading the league in marks and you haven't named him in a single game...

He's one of those guys that I always think 'well he doesn't find a heap of it so he probably will be your 25-30 ave back, but he's averaging 37 which is quite impressive.

(subject to change)
Back: lachie hunter
Back: Easton Wood
Im: Ben Cunnington
Om: Daniel Hannebury (vc)
Tkl: Stephen Coniglio
Ruck: Todd Goldstein (c)
Fwd: Chris Mayne
Fwd: jack Gunston
Utl: Josh Caddy
Cc(ruck): Paddy Ryder

Emergencies
Back: Matt Suckling
Im:
Om: shaun atley
Tkl:
Ruck: jarred witts
Fwd: shaun Higgins
Utl: Tom Bell
Cc(back): Jasper Pittard

Bench
Zach Merrett
Jack ziebell
Luke Parker

Last edited:

South West Dragons:

Back: Kade Simpson
Back: Bachar Houli
CC: Callan Ward (OM)
Forward: Nick Riewoldt (c)
Forward: Jarryd Roughead
Inside Mid: Scott Thompson (vc)
Outside Mid: Taylor Adams
Ruck: Josh Gibson
Tackler: Brad Ebert
Utility: Scott Pendlebury

Emergencies:

B: Robert Murphy
CC: Marley Williams (B)
F: Jarrad Waite
IM: Andrew Carrazzo
OM:
R: Rhys Stanley
T: Jordan De Goey
U: Jamie Cripps

David Armitage
Billy Longer

Last edited:
The Ladyboys

Back: Leigh Montagna
Back: Jack Newnes
IM: Patrick Cripps (c)
OM: Lachie Neale (vc)
Forward: Jeremy Cameron
Forward: Tom Lynch
Ruck: Sam Jacobs
Tackler: Mark Hutchings
Utility: Michael Rischitelli
CC: Michael Hurley (B)

Emergencies
Back: Ricky Henderson
IM:
OM: Mat Taberner
Forward: Will Hoskin-Elliot
Ruck: Billy Longer
Tackler:
Utility: Ryan Griffen
CC: Sam Docherty (B)

OUT
Tom Mitchell (inj)
Dom Tyson (inj)
Dayne Beams (inj)

Well that puts me under the pump. My two main utilities are out! Depth gonna be tested on the big stage.

Last edited:
The awkward moment when you realise Josh Gibson is leading the league in marks and you haven't named him in a single game...

He's one of those guys that I always think 'well he doesn't find a heap of it so he probably will be your 25-30 ave back, but he's averaging 37 which is quite impressive.
Had him in AF since very early. Very up and down, but a quality unique.

Classy Gentlemen
Backs: Cale Hooker
Backs: Alex Rance
Cap Choice: Trent Cotchin (IM) (c)
Forwards: Michael Walters
Forwards: Luke Bruest
IM: Jack Viney
OM: Dustin Martin (vc)
Ruck: Ivan Maric
Tackler: Liam Shiels
Utility: Josh P Kennedy

Emergencies:
Backs: James Frawley
Cap Choice: Adam Saad (defence)
Forwards: Angus Monfries
IM: Luke McDonald
OM: Tom Langdon
Rucks:
Tackler: Matt DeBoer
Utility: Jeremy Howe

Subs:
Shaun Hampson
Luke Dunstan
Shane Mumford (inj)

The Ladyboys

Back: Leigh Montagna
Back: Jack Newnes
Forward: Jeremy Cameron
Forward: Tom Lynch
Ruck: Sam Jacobs
Utility: Michael Rischitelli
CC: Michael Hurley (B)

Emergencies
IM:
Tackler:

OUT
Tom Mitchell (inj)
Dom Tyson (inj)
Dayne Beams (inj)

Well that puts me under the pump. My two main utilities are out! Depth gonna be tested on the big stage.
Buddy and parker are mine :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity i didnt play pittard as a back...would have been 150 from 3 of my lesser players which would have made life very hard for wag

The Ladyboys - 309 (7/10*)

Back: Leigh Montagna 29
Back: Jack Newnes 31
Forward: Jeremy Cameron 34.5
Forward: Tom Lynch 43.5
Ruck: Sam Jacobs 55
Utility: Michael Rischitelli 78
CC: Michael Hurley (B) 38

Emergencies
IM:
Tackler:

Arw - 182 (5/10*)

Back: Lachie Hunter
Back: Easton Wood
Im: Ben Cunnington
Om: Daniel Hannebury (vc) 34.5
Tkl: Stephen Coniglio 20
Ruck: Todd Goldstein (c)
Fwd: Chris Mayne
Fwd: Jack Gunston 45.5
Utl: Josh Caddy 32
Cc (ruck): Paddy Ryder 50

Emergencies
Back: Matt Suckling
Im:
Om: Shaun Atley
Tkl:
Ruck: Jarred Witts
Fwd: Shaun Higgins
Utl: Tom Bell
Cc(back): Jasper Pittard

Last edited:
Check your monkeys! See my post above.
For some reason I had Gibson's stats in Gunston's lot, probably couldn't follow a straight line and inputted the one above him, and still had Jacobs as captain in the database, hadn't changed it to Cripps. All good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back