2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My take FWIW: Mayes a standout. However, the ONLY standout.

Wouldn't feed any of the rest (maybe excepting Lester). The cupboard is really bare. Really bare.

Merrett looks fit and well, but remains the undisputed mega clanger king. Let's say the MKK. Undisputed.

Likely to go at seasons end IMHO: Smith, Golby, McGuane, ZOB, Paine, Staker (and that's just getting warmed up).

No sign of West as far as I could see.

The Hammer more like a tack hammer today.

Just MHO.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't feed any of the rest (maybe excepting Lester). The cupboard is really bare. Really bare.

Merrett looks fit and well, but remains the undisputed mega clanger king. Let's say the MKK. Undisputed.

Likely to go at seasons end IMHO: Smith, Golby, McGuane, ZOB, Paine, Staker (and that's just getting warmed up).

Just MHO.

Why Play Hammer in the backline????? Makes no sense to me (albeit stuck in Melbourne and heavily reliant on your feedback).
He has kicked regular bags this season.... And our senior list desperately needing a KKP. Hopefully just showing him the ropes....

Did I just have an argument with myself?

Why Play Hammer in the backline????? Makes no sense to me (albeit stuck in Melbourne and heavily reliant on your feedback).
He has kicked regular bags this season.... And our senior list desperately needing a KKP. Hopefully just showing him the ropes....

He's a long, long way off playing senior footy. He has not kicked regular bags and barely finds the footy up forward. I'm guessing playing him down back would be to get him more involved in the game.

Just MHO.

He has kicked regular bags this season.... And our senior list desperately needing a KPF. Hopefully just showing him the ropes....

Just MHO.

Which of our underdeveloped draftees did you expect to stand out this year?
I get the impression that guys like McGuiness, Watts and Clayton were always going to take a while(if they get there at all).

Re Mayes: like any good sports person, he seems to have just that bit more time when in control. I'd be amazed if he wasn't promoted next week.

Put it this way, if it was a choice between him and Bewick then it's a no-brainer (it hurts me that an absolute dud like this bloke is gifted a game).

Was told yesterday that Leuenberger has "personal issues". Based on last night maybe he has sorted them out.

(it hurts me that an absolute dud like this bloke is gifted a game).

I normally ignore your regular character assassinations as the nonsensical ramblings of an old man shouting at a cloud but this is a pretty ****** way to talk about one of our players.

I normally ignore your regular character assassinations as the nonsensical ramblings of an old man shouting at a cloud but this is a pretty ****** way to talk about one of our players.

Last night's Stats: 3 kicks, 5 handballs= 8 disposals, 1 mark, nil score, 3 tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell is Woewodin on about ? Is he trying to impress everyone with his RFI and continual deny and press edit's language. Just spell it out in black and white champ.

What a load of jargon. If thats the crap young players have to decipher at meetings and team huddles then god help us. No wonder we play lost and confused at times. Clear concise communication skills should be paramount for any coach/teacher and after reading the reports this week I'm afraid Woey is neither clear or concise in his messages. If he doesn't want to share anything of worth, don't do it! If so, speak english and converse in an understandable and meaningful manner.
Stop with the show and ensure substance!

What a load of jargon. If thats the crap young players have to decipher at meetings and team huddles then god help us. No wonder we play lost and confused at times. Clear concise communication skills should be paramount for any coach/teacher and after reading the reports this week I'm afraid Woey is neither clear or concise in his messages. If he doesn't want to share anything of worth, don't do it! If so, speak english and converse in an understandable and meaningful manner.
Stop with the show and ensure substance!

I suspect he's more direct and forthright when actually doing his job, instead of trying to say non-controversial stuff for every man and his dog to consume.

I suspect he's more direct and forthright when actually doing his job, instead of trying to say non-controversial stuff for every man and his dog to consume.
I can never understand why fans expect coaches to be honest with them all the time. Of course they're not going to tell you what they really think.
I certainly wouldn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back