2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Freeman yes, definitely :thumbsu:

Big difference playing basically park footy to receiving the ball from a Beams or Rich; No point Staker playing next week in front of him for mine :cool:
Fair point, if he can run the game out get him in there!
Actually not sure if Staker ran at all today anyway

Fair point, if he can run the game out get him in there!
Actually not sure if Staker ran at all today anyway

Freeman needs to play as many games as possible this season. Be it the last 3 after some NEAFL conditioning or the final 7 starting with a home game against North this weekend.

Neither McStay or Freeman have the fitness base to perform consistently at AFL level, but they need senior games to learn our game style.

I watched McStay closely today; barely gets out of a jog 90% of the time. Really tough situation he's in at the moment, no other 20 year is leading a forward line without at least one decent foil.

For example, Hogan today - was very very good, especially early...but he gets a chop out from Chris Dawes.

Great article by Mike Whiting.

Suns, Lions seek better solution to NEAFL woes

Personally I think the only real fix will be a national reserves comp but it doesn't seem likely that funding will be found for that. Wasn't too long ago that our NEAFL team was full of up and coming talent (The majority of the GH5 were there, alongside C Beams, Harwood & Golby most weeks) alongside more mature players (Stiller, Hawksley, Collier, Buchanan).

To be fair though, that didn't seem to do a great deal more to develop our players as they were just on the other side of 150 point thrashings.

Probably not worth getting to the Gabba early for unless you're a Giants fan

Do Any ressies watchers think that the Hammer is a chance to debut this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Any ressies watchers think that the Hammer is a chance to debut this year?

Personally, I don't think he will. Has a bit to do development wise before getting a shot at first grade.

Of course, our run of injuries could continue and he could get a call up then.

Freeman needs to play as many games as possible this season. Be it the last 3 after some NEAFL conditioning or the final 7 starting with a home game against North this weekend.

Neither McStay or Freeman have the fitness base to perform consistently at AFL level, but they need senior games to learn our game style.

I watched McStay closely today; barely gets out of a jog 90% of the time. Really tough situation he's in at the moment, no other 20 year is leading a forward line without at least one decent foil.

For example, Hogan today - was very very good, especially early...but he gets a chop out from Chris Dawes.

Needs to have this deficiency pointed out to him, forcefully. No side can afford to carry a defensive gap, apart from the exceptional example of JB. And he tried harder than McStay.

Needs to have this deficiency pointed out to him, forcefully. No side can afford to carry a defensive gap, apart from the exceptional example of JB. And he tried harder than McStay.

Not sure how high his running capacity is or what coaches' instructions are, so those are the only reasons I am cutting him a lot of slack for his season (and the major fact that he just turned 20 last month).

Should also say in respect of McStay that he shows a lot of marking ability which might become a real asset come the assistance of a KPF if he ever arrives.

Hi guts coming up for the game Saturday and thinking of heading àlong to watch the reserves. What's the name of the ground and where is it?

Hi guts coming up for the game Saturday and thinking of heading àlong to watch the reserves. What's the name of the ground and where is it?
A little ground called The Gabba, 3pm, Sat.

Thanks guys. NEAFL fixture says its at corparoo. Is there only 1 gate open at the Gabba for reserves? If so which one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back