2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We got thrashed. End of.

Had a close look at Keays and Hipwood.

My take: Keays a very busy inside with pretty good disposal skills. Good stamina. Would walk into our side but maybe not a good side before a bit of further development body-wise.

Hipwood a very tall skinny kid. Couldn't play him in a strong breeze. Excellent mark and kick. Good in the contest.

Archie showed some signs of improvement. Cutler busy but still has disposal issues. Golby plenty of it but ditto. Overall our foot and hand skills particularly very poor.

We got thrashed. End of.

Had a close look at Keays and Hipwood.

My take: Keays a very busy inside with pretty good disposal skills. Good stamina. Would walk into our side but maybe not a good side before a bit of further development body-wise.

Hipwood a very tall skinny kid. Couldn't play him in a strong breeze. Excellent mark and kick. Good in the contest.

Archie showed some signs of improvement. Cutler busy but still has disposal issues. Golby plenty of it but ditto. Overall our foot and hand skills particularly very poor.

Not sure if you saw much of Andrews, but how would you (or anybody else fit to reply) compare their pre-draft seasons?

Not sure if you saw much of Andrews, but how would you (or anybody else fit to reply) compare their pre-draft seasons?

Not dissimilar. Probably Hipwood more impressive. Just a very early impression.

And one more thing- Reuben Williams an improver catching the eye. Coming on fast. Real fast. And West a bit more mobile but still way, way off the pace.

But then again, the thought occurs- it ain't too hard to stand out in a team like our reserves which is realistically just plain uncompetitive.

Last edited:
Gotta let us have some mature players on the list. If you are delisted by the Lions, you should be allowed to play B Grade. Or let us have some state league players purely to play in the ressies.

Your 2nds are in the same situation we were last year. Just not enough depth on your list to fill a senior team and still have a competitive reserves side.

So we went out last draft and filled our rookie list full of matured aged players to add depth and as much quality as possible to our list.

Even with a huge injury list, it has worked with our 2nds team and they should play finals this season.

And in the process we found guys like Saad, Brooksby, Glenn, etc who are now pushing for senior list elevation next year.

Keays, Hipwood et al on display in the curtain raiser tomorrow if any of you sods can be bothered dragging your arses along to the Gabba for the early game.
Can't you just stream it live for us on your phone Rip?

In case you don't want to go early and sit in those ridiculous seats for the reserves game (or weren't going anyway), live stream available here:

Thunder Vision

Says it starts in 2:35:00 mins

No wait ... 2:34:59 mins

No wait ... 2:34:58 mins

(Ohhh! 3:00pm anyway)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bewick everywhere , Beasley is very good and hipwood marking fantastic - just need him to kick straight now. I actually have liked claytons work. I would say the stakes has played his last game for us.

Hard to believe we're last on the ladder and Thunder are second with the way we're dominating possession. Oh they're under strength.

I'd have no problem taking William in the draft.

We've been dominating possession all season. I think the reserves try to play the same gameplan as the firsts do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back