2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any word how Leuie went other than the goal?

Wasn't at the game, just seen the results and posted them. But he was named in the bests. Personally I'd give him another week in the reserves. Want him working on that forward game and aggression. We already know he can ruck. But needs that forward game to fit in the side with Martin imo.

Correct weight.
I wonder how they get the balance between "getting his work rate up and hands on it" by playing him in the middle, and "going back to work on his role and deficiencies in defence".
Lester is a good example of what's wrong with the senior team. We need his maturity and experience, but he hasn't been up to his role. Can he do what is required? Dunno. He seems to be another of those who excels at reserve grade, but isn't up to senior level. (Maybe not excel, but have an impact at least).
I'm not sure that time in the reserves will help a player like Lester, a bit Polkinghorneesque.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions website suggests Dawson was our bog but not mentioned here. Hard to rely much on any review except from those who were there and Woey.
Match write-ups from both last week and yesterday appear to have been penned by work experience kids.

Is O'Brien destined to be no better than a good NEAFL player? Whenever he is dropped to the ressies he invariably gets mentioned in the best players straight up.

His game against North was better than most of the other boys that were in the team. Very unlucky to be dropped.

His game against North was better than most of the other boys that were in the team. Very unlucky to be dropped.
I thought so too. Sometimes I think 'team balance' is overrated at selection time.

ZOB's a good, honest foot soldier that gives 100% at every contest. He's never going to slice a side up with sublime skills, but he also won't concede anything physically.

Eric did "a couple of nice things", Quigs. Didn't blow my socks off by any stretch. Neither did Keays fwiw. Reuben William (didn't play yesterday) is the one academy top up that's really grabbed my attention this year.

Match write-ups from both last week and yesterday appear to have been penned by work experience kids.

Not a joke - they genuinely are. QUT first/second year Journalism students are offered the role of writing the reserves reports. I know one who's done it, and she knows nothing about footy. It's an interesting situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back