Analysis 2015 List - By the numbers *Updated 30/12*

It looks so odd because it favours players who have played the most games. Average goals per game would be more informative.

Oh okay. Shouldn't be a problem then. Give me a moment. Going to be pitiful reading however.

fnm_just a man

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Get the ball in there often enough and the rest will take care of itself... almost.

I know there are some players that are more naturally gifted and creative than others, but really, anyone can mark and kick a footy ... It's about being smart with the ball use .... Lower the eyes!!.... Have you noticed how Hawthorn always have players they can pass to around the 45m mark when the ball is being contested in their forward 50 ... When they are under the pump in the 50 they often just make the little pass backwards or side-ways knowing they will have a player there.

It's about smart use.

Carlton List GPG Garlett to Carrazzo.PNG

Carlton List GPG Buckley to Giles.PNG

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I find the list informative but depressing. Hopefully some superstars, not yet discovered, in the list. A superstar from the draft would be handy as well. It's pretty simple when you think about it. Go back to the last premiership and look at the talent at the top and the developing players. It makes me cry into my weeties thinking about it. Sorry I went to a 30th birthday party for a friend's daughter last night. I'm feeling very old this morning. Plus the daylight saving thing. I'm a total wreck today and shouldn't be posting. Thumbs up for the stats. I love to count.

I wouldn't have Tutt in our best 22 at this early stage.

Something like this:

Buckley Rowe Jamison
Yarran Jaksch Docherty
Simpson Judd Everitt
Menzel Henderson Thomas
Walker Jones Casboult
Kreuzer Gibbs Murphy

Carrazzo Bell Tuohy Curnow

That's 12.54 goals per game. That's after adding Jones. Keep Garlett and our best average goes up by 10 points per game though.

Disagree. ;)

If we're going to the trouble of recruiting him he has to step up from day 1 to replace Garlett, Robinson, Lucas, Armfield and Ellard.

Otherwise, why bother with a depth player?

Not going to a lot of trouble to recruit someone with a late pick after he plays 15 games in 5 seasons on the Dogs list. Still has to earn his spot. The only one I have put in who hasn't earned it is Jones, purely because it works structurally and we can use Casboult to relieve Kreuzer in the ruck without him having to play a key post in between stints.

Nice. Glad to see Judd back in the pack now.

Don't get too excited. We haven't got Jones yet and if Garlett goes, Judd is a mere slither off being number 2 on that list.

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Don't get too excited. We haven't got Jones yet and if Garlett goes, Judd is a mere slither off being number 2 on that list.
Perhaps he may fall back even further if we considered only his Carlton games?
Wonder also what the numbers would be for Daisy, Brock, Andrejs, CamWood, Doc etc if we focused on their time in Navy Blue...
Hint, hint ;)

Perhaps he may fall back even further if we considered only his Carlton games?
Wonder also what the numbers would be for Daisy, Brock, Andrejs, CamWood, Doc etc if we focused on their time in Navy Blue...
Hint, hint ;)

For Carlton only

Carlton List GPG Previous Clubs.PNG

Last edited:

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Not going to a lot of trouble to recruit someone with a late pick after he plays 15 games in 5 seasons on the Dogs list. Still has to earn his spot. The only one I have put in who hasn't earned it is Jones, purely because it works structurally and we can use Casboult to relieve Kreuzer in the ruck without him having to play a key post in between stints.
I feel that Jones has done more to earn his spot than Jaksch, who has done nothing other than be tall and a high-ish draft pick.

I feel that Jones has done more to earn his spot than Jaksch, who has done nothing other than be tall and a high-ish draft pick.

His games to goal tally is negligible so I didn't count him.

Jaksch's value is in its versatility. We are paying a best 22 price for him.

******* thing has a steering wheel........

old-computer.jpg

Personally speaking, they were spookily spot-on. This is exactly how my home computer looked in 2004.

Last edited:
Back