List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do we do with the irish boys on the rookie list an wood... ? keep them all on there?
Sheehan and Byrne are very good prospects. Sheehan's groin troubles are hopefully in the past. Byrne's hamstrings are a worry, but the kid is a natural otherwise.

Wood has earnt another year easily. Especially with Warnock as useful as **** on a turtle.

Not a fan how lots of people on this board keep lumping in Byrne and Sheehan as big hopes and why we will rise up the ladder basically.

Lets face it, they haven't played much at AFL level and only shown glimpses. Unfortunately they have had injury issues this year.
I just think expectations on those two guys are a bit high here...

Dont under estimate the attraction of a club that has the ability to bring in multiple s tars overnight. If we had pick 2 and 3 , carlisle and treloar coming in, then other players become interested as the list takes shape.

And we've been following their path and playing him in defence...i think he should be a forward
I agree... but because of injuries to Jamison and Rowe and White over the course of this year, we have been forced to play him as either a KPD or the third tall defender and he has looked all at sea.

I really want Treloar.

We look to be losing a fair few first round value players in Yarran, Hendo, Bell.

• Schache looks a done thing assuming Brisvegas go Weiterman.
  • Grabbing the Cats first rounder at 10ish for Hendo this year, and then we have a pick at 20 odd in the second round. Grab a mid and KPD with 10 and 20.
  • Pick up Carlisle in the PSD - pay nothing for him and risk Brisvegas nabbing him. Screw Essendon and the ASADA risks are too great to pay for him.
  • Send Yarran to GWS for Treloar (if he wants home). Add Walker. Get him to nominate us - he can match any Collingwood offer easy.
  • Offload Bell for Aish (homesick for homesick). Bell has actually shown more than Aish so screw them.
  • Grab one of those 9 foot tall US basketball freaks from the international rookie program for our project ruckman.
  • Top the salary cap hole up by extending Cripps contract with as front loaded a deal as our SC can manage.
  • Build a war chest for a free agency raid in 2016/7.
Thats how I'd do it.

I really want Treloar.

We look to be losing a fair few first round value players in Yarran, Hendo, Bell.

• Schache looks a done thing assuming Brisvegas go Weiterman.
  • Grabbing the Cats first rounder at 10ish for Hendo this year, and then we have a pick at 20 odd in the second round. Grab a mid and KPD with 10 and 20.
  • Pick up Carlisle in the PSD - pay nothing for him and risk Brisvegas nabbing him. Screw Essendon and the ASADA risks are too great to pay for him.
  • Send Yarran to GWS for Treloar (if he wants home). Add Walker. Get him to nominate us - he can match any Collingwood offer easy.
  • Offload Bell for Aish (homesick for homesick). Bell has actually shown more than Aish so screw them.
  • Grab one of those 9 foot tall US basketball freaks from the international rookie program for our project ruckman.
  • Top the salary cap hole up by extending Cripps contract with as front loaded a deal as our SC can manage.
  • Build a war chest for a free agency raid in 2016/7.
Thats how I'd do it.

All those trades are laughably one sided in our favour. None of them will eventuate.

Also, it pains me to say it but I'd give Watson one more year - particularly if we miss out on Weiterman and lose Henderson. Our tall stocks are just too low to drop him.
Even if we put him on the rookie list for a year.

Even if we put him on the rookie list for a year.

Problem with that is that there's likely a team or two who would like their chances of 23/24 year old key position player whose only been given an inconsistent run of opportunity. A late draft pick on a one year deal with an opportunity to extend that would see him out the door. He's shown enough to get that type of chance somewhere.

Sorry for the intrusion guys but would you be interested in this:

Pick (8) ->Henderson + T.Menzel

Just my opinion but if Geelong give just pick 8 to Carlton for Henderson they have gone mad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion guys but would you be interested in this:

Pick (8) ->Henderson + T.Menzel

Just my opinion but if Geelong give just pick 8 to Carlton for Henderson they have gone mad

Straight up I'd agree with 8 for Henderson is too much... but that offer is even worse the other way.

Problem with that is that there's likely a team or two who would like their chances of 23/24 year old key position player whose only been given an inconsistent run of opportunity. A late draft pick on a one year deal with an opportunity to extend that would see him out the door. He's shown enough to get that type of chance somewhere.
With Hendo leaving, Giles injured again and Jones maybe being delisted, we do need some experienced talls. Even if we just sign him to a one year contract and see what happens.

Straight up I'd agree with 8 for Henderson is too much... but that offer is even worse the other way.

The thing that I dont see is how it works if The deal becomes Henderson + Pick 20 for Pick 8 + 26 .

Henderson is not worth pick 8 and 6 place upgrade in a Very Shallow draft

just my opinion though

The thing that I dont see is how it works if The deal becomes Henderson + Pick 20 for Pick 8 + 26 .
Henderson is not worth pick 8 and 6 place upgrade in a Very Shallow draft just my opinion though

Word is that it only gets shallow from about pick 30, but there is likely two quality tiers before that, picks 1-10 and then picks 11 to 29.
Again that is only speculation based on the champs this year. Who actually knows whether it will be as shallow they are suggesting.
Most of those comments are coming from TV media personalities rather than actual recruiters.

Word is that it only gets shallow from about pick 30, but there is likely two quality tiers before that, picks 1-10 and then picks 11 to 29.
Again that is only speculation based on the champs this year. Who actually knows whether it will be as shallow they are suggesting.
Most of those comments are coming from TV media personalities rather than actual recruiters.
Cheers for that and thanks for letting me post here guys

Kreuzer has been offered a two year deal, heavily weighted to match payments, the more he plays the higher the wage, there are two offers on the table from others for considerably more in relation to base wage ( but same end result if he plays 22 ). club are confident he will sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back