List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get Ray we should have just kept Cross who is better.
They do play slightly different roles, but I agree. Ray is pretty much a better version of Matt Jones, even now, and would only really be useful on the list if we could get Jones off it.

Only mature player I have interest in is Matthew Watson, but that may be because every time I've watched him he's been tearing games apart (the only two games I've really seen were Rd 21 this year, and their draw against Essendon a few years ago). Would be happy to rookie the guy and see if we can make something of him as a full forward.

In past years, would have jumped all over Ray.

For the first time in almost a decade, there's a bit of difficulty in squeezing in all the mids and flankers...so perhaps no for Ray.

Shopping list for Melbs is still:
- A grade mid
- A grade mid draftee (1 or 2)
- Ruck backup
- KPF draftee, foil for Hogan.

Players surely off the list after 2016:
  • Dean Terlich
  • Matt Jones
Players likely off the list after 2016:
  • Chris Dawes
  • Jayden Hunt
  • Jake Spencer
  • Jack Grimes
Players maybe off the list after 2016 (less than 50% chance):
  • Jack Trengove
  • Jack Watts
I'd expect about 6 changes and the list to be in significantly better looking shape. More importantly though there are a lot of players we urgently need to re-sign in the next 12 months.
Hunt has some ability hope the young bloke can get a free run at it this year

Would be in favour of bringing in Ray or Wright if it meant we get rid of Terlich, M.Jones, etc. Not going to instantly make the side better, but they're available for the price of bus fare and a packet of crisps. Should at least rookie a ruckman from somewhere as well.

Would be in favour of bringing in Ray or Wright if it meant we get rid of Terlich, M.Jones, etc. Not going to instantly make the side better, but they're available for the price of bus fare and a packet of crisps. Should at least rookie a ruckman from somewhere as well.
If he is a direct replacement for one of those 2 I'd accept that. Would rather Wright though. He will get picked up by someone I'd think.

If he is a direct replacement for one of those 2 I'd accept that. Would rather Wright though. He will get picked up by someone I'd think.

I'd suggest they both will. Carlton will be lurking around delistees with a pinky-full of talent like a fatty eyeing leftover packs of fries at McDonalds.

it would improve the standard of our worst players, which is nice should you have to delve to such depths in the event of injuries ... Would def need to cut Terlich and M Jones tho ... wouldn't want them sitting on the Rookie list, given we've actually had a reasonable success rate with our rookies as of late.

Do you have any idea how expensive public transport is nowadays?!?!

Do you have any idea how expensive public transport is nowadays?!?!

Probably steep enough that you need to take a second job to afford to travel to your first job?

Probably steep enough that you need to take a second job to afford to travel to your first job?
I wake up at 4am everyday and work on the farm for a good 3 hours to be paid cash in hand to use on my Myki for the day. It's a tough life.

I have. I make kebabs to pay for a Myki to make other kebabs

I wake up at 4am everyday and work on the farm for a good 3 hours to be paid cash in hand to use on my Myki for the day. It's a tough life.

I was born in a septic tank and live in a shoe with 6 other people. One day I hope to have a paper bag of my very own.

What the cluck is a Myki?

...but you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya.

On another note, apparently both Richmond and Melbourne have been heavily into Ollie Wines returning to Vic at the end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...but you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya.

On another note, apparently both Richmond and Melbourne have been heavily into Ollie Wines returning to Vic at the end of next year.
given how historically bad both teams are at luring actual talented players (among the many other reasons), I'm betting he'll remain at port.

also why didn't Melbourne just draft him in the first place GOOD ONE MELBOURNE!!!:mad::mad:

I was born in a septic tank and live in a shoe with 6 other people. One day I hope to have a paper bag of my very own.

What the cluck is a Myki?
It's an important thing. I would explain it to you but don't really know how to. Imagine you wake up in Gympie and you need to be some place but you realise that your legs have been eaten by cane toads. You need to basically kill the cane toads, except one which you keep as a hostage until his family send you a Myki

Last edited:
It's an important thing. I would explain it to you but don't really know how to. Imagine you wake up in Gympie and you need to be some place but you realise that you legs have been eaten by cane toads. You need to basically kill the cane toads, except one which you keep as a hostage until his family send you a Myki

I think a better solution would be to dip a cane toad in flour and let him go home to his friends. They'll think he's a ghost, freak out and run away, thus leaving the horde of Myki's defenseless and I can retrieve them at my leisure.

Was back in Sydney earlier in the year and some new ticket system had been put in at the train station. I think I was supposed to swipe something.

It's an important thing. I would explain it to you but don't really know how to. Imagine you wake up in Gympie and you need to be some place but you realise that your legs have been eaten by cane toads. You need to basically kill the cane toads, except one which you keep as a hostage until his family send you a Myki
Sounds more like you're already licking the cane toads.

Sounds more like you're already licking the cane toads.
No. They were covered in flour so I ran off

Edit: have you ever had one of those moments where you are firing up the computer but feeling a bit pensive? ... thinking "I know I posted stuff last night but can't totally recall what", and then BF loads and you either groan or go "holy s**t". I had one of those moments today. Most ordinary morning since the time I thought I could make it to work earlier if I ironed my clothes while wearing them.

Last edited:
No. They were covered in flour so I ran off

Edit: have you ever had one of those moments where you are firing up the computer but feeling a bit pensive? ... thinking "I know I posted stuff last night but can't totally recall what", and then BF loads and you either groan or go "holy s**t". I had one of those moments today. Most ordinary morning since the time I thought I could make it to work earlier if I ironed my clothes while wearing them.
You still haven't come down, have you?

#IllHaveWhatShesHaving

That's alright. Can't hold a place in the 22 but is handy when replacing an injured player. Also can focus on developing his game rather than trying to get a game and maybe get promoted again after some hard work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back