List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone has a nibble at Toumpas I reckon we'll consider it, absolutely.

I think we need to upgrade King to the senior list, if we don't want to run the risk of him going elsewhere in the preseason draft.
The club is just about to sign him to a 2 year deal, they aren't going to sign him and then trade him.

The club is just about to sign him to a 2 year deal, they aren't going to sign him and then trade him.

Well if they don't sign him they'll lose him for nothing.

There may not have been any interest so far, but closer to trade period there might be some more enquiry.

I hope he stays, because I think he's currently undervalued - but I've accepted that we won't get a high quality output from Jimmy I don't think.

The Doggies have done okay with just youngsters and a few senior players in Boyd, Murphy, and Morris. I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Cross has played a role this year, but I think the list managers are right in assuming that someone else can play that same role with identical effect going forward.

Still could have kept him on the list. Doesn't have to be best 22, but I'd rather see him in the side next year than Bail, McKenzie, Terlich, M.Jones, Lumumba etc. We don't have 25 AFL level players on our list, Cross would have been a handy guy to be able to call on if we have a glut of injuries.

Still could have kept him on the list. Doesn't have to be best 22, but I'd rather see him in the side next year than Bail, McKenzie, Terlich, M.Jones, Lumumba etc. We don't have 25 AFL level players on our list, Cross would have been a handy guy to be able to call on if we have a glut of injuries.
I feel like it wouldn't be very fair on Cross to string him along for another year just to play VFL for most of it. Like I said, he probably had some input.

I feel like it wouldn't be very fair on Cross to string him along for another year just to play VFL for most of it. Like I said, he probably had some input.

Long time retired, I think he would have been fine with it. Manage him the same way the Saints managed Schneider, play when needed. If it was Cross' call, all fair enough. If the club made the decision, I think it wasn't a great move. Hardly going to make or break our season next year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with others that we could have used Cross next year and if we don't take the next step his absence will show.

I suppose it comes down to the confidence of the club in bringing in a similar but slightly younger type and also how keen they are to get Cross in that fitness and re-hab role. They may rate him highly and our fitness and re-hab has been god awful most of this year.

It definitely puts the pressure back on our group to improve though which is potentially a good thing.

Howe article on AFL.com.au

Couldn't care less about the Howe stuff but interested this little tidbit.
I like Garland because he plays like a weird emotionless robot, and I want him to stay at the Dees, but I don't know if it's because he makes us better or not... I feel like I only want him to stay because he's OUR weird emotionless robot and I don't want to see him playing elsewhere.

So at this point :

Cross
McKenzie
Bail
Jamar
Fitz
Hunt
Michie
Riley

These 8 most likely to be delisted.

I think Hunt goes to the RL. Cross, McKenzie and Bail obvious. Jamar probably goes. One of Michie or Riley to go.

So at this point :

Cross
McKenzie
Bail
Jamar

Fitz
Hunt
Michie
Riley

These 8 most likely to be delisted.

I think Hunt goes to the RL. Cross, McKenzie and Bail obvious. Jamar probably goes. One of Michie or Riley to go.

I reckon the bolded players are definitely gone, and Terlich is a given to be paid out. Agree re Hunt to the rookie list.

Reckon Fitz has enough promise not to be delisted, but he'll likely be traded (for not much though it must be said).

Howe's gone, possibly Garland too.

Michie's done enough to get a one year extension. I like the way he kicks to advantage and looks to move the ball forward.

I reckon the bolded players are definitely gone, and Terlich is a given to be paid out. Agree re Hunt to the rookie list.

Reckon Fitz has enough promise not to be delisted, but he'll likely be traded (for not much though it must be said).

Howe's gone, possibly Garland too.

Michie's done enough to get a one year extension. I like the way he kicks to advantage and looks to move the ball forward.

Garland likely to stay.

I like the way he's prepared to put his body on the line to take a grab as well, reminds me of Junior Mac.

Sounds like we will re-sign Garland but not a massive loss if we moved him on.

Could get value for Howe and Watts but I doubt the club would let both go unless top offers came our way.

Howe is a good player when he extracts the digit. Problem is he's looked like he's on autopilot most of the past couple of years. In a fast paced attacking system, I think he'll be very good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back