List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

That is wow….

If i was Garlo id be terrified.

edit: yep, look at him, utter terror written across his face:

151007_Garland_Rotate.jpg

Definitely needs some help to calm down

A63Ijuw.png

lol at Bails still having more current players than Neeld.
Bailey was in charge for four trade/draft periods and Neeld for two. So there are two players remaining from every Bailey year on average, and three from every Neeld year on average (although all six are from 2012 because 2011 was a #farceshambles).

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-10-07/we-now-have-premiership-players-garland

Love a few things Garland said here especially this.

Garland said success was the only thing he now craved in his football career. Naturally, he wants to be part of that, but if his career is over by then – he still wants to see the red and blue succeed.

“I’m more of the character where if I just missed out on [premiership] success at Melbourne by a year, I would be just as happy to see the success,” he said.

“[At least I would] know that I was there to build up that success … [rather] than just go for a year or two and have success somewhere else. If I just missed out, I’d know that I gave it my all and that I was part of a club that came from nothing and built its way up.

“I’m more of the character where if I just missed out on [premiership] success at Melbourne by a year, I would be just as happy to see the success,” he said.

“[At least I would] know that I was there to build up that success … [rather] than just go for a year or two and have success somewhere else. If I just missed out, I’d know that I gave it my all and that I was part of a club that came from nothing and built its way up.

That's less a swipe at Frawley, and more a full-blown uppercut.

I also stumbled across this weird as **** site while looking for pics of Garland

http://www.vipfaq.com/Colin Garland.html

fdUikoM.gif
:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work Col.

Alright, time for me to put my balls on the line with some predictions. Not particularly bold but trying to be realistic, here goes:

• We currently have picks 6, 25, 43, 61, 79, 97 and 115, obviously to change with free agency etc
  • Start with 6 senior spots to fill after delistings.
  • Delist Jayden Hunt with a plan to pick up in the rookie draft. Now 7 spots available.
  • Use fifth (79) and sixth (97) round draft picks to upgrade Harmes and Vandenberg
  • Trade:
  1. Jeremy Howe to the Gold Coast for pick 22
  2. Pick 25 for Jake Melksham and pick 59
  3. Pick 43 for Tom Bugg
  4. Pick 59 for Ben Kennedy
  • Take Sam Grimley as a delisted free agent. Ruck stocks are now a bit thinner without Jamar as Spencer and Gawn have injury history and King isn't ready for AFL yet, whilst Grimley can play forward too. Consider him an insurance policy.
  • This leaves us with picks 6, 22 and 61 to take to the draft
  1. Pick 6 - Charlie Curnow (provided Aaron Francis isn't available)
  2. Pick 22 - Kieran Lovell (though I like Mitchell Hibberd at this spot too)
  3. Pick 61 - My man Sam Menegola
  • Use the available rookie pick on Jake Lovett
Thoughts (please note I know practically bugger all about draft prospects haha)?

Last edited:
Good work Col.

Alright, time for me to put my balls on the line with some predictions. Not particularly bold but trying to be realistic, here goes:

• We currently have picks 6, 25, 43, 61, 79, 97 and 115, obviously to change with free agency etc
  • Delist Jayden Hunt with a plan to pick up in the rookie draft. Now 7 spots available.
  • Use fifth (79) and sixth (97) round draft picks to updated Harmes and Vandenberg
  • Trade:
  3. Pick 43 for Tom Bugg
  • Take Sam Grimley as a delisted free agent. Ruck stocks are now a bit thinner without Jamar as Spencer and Gawn have injury history and King isn't ready for AFL yet, whilst Grimley can play forward too. Consider him an insurance policy.
Thoughts (please note I know practically bugger all about draft prospects haha)?

If we aren't able to land a big name mid, then this would be a decent result - be realistic.

I would probably suggest that there will be someone better than Lovell available at pick 22 though.

You might be right re Lovell Demon 16 - though it is supposedly a week draft. He looks to be pretty much in the mould of Prestia. Can kick off both feet, and go 55 with his right (from what I can see on Youtube). Has endurance. Plus the club have acknowledged him as a potential target with our second rounder.

Another permutation to the above is to ask for GC for Gorringe, but I reckon we might need to throw in next year's second or third rounder or something - thus not selecting Grimley. If Gorringe were any good, GC would've found a regular spot for him in the side by now. And it seems he wants to go to Port.

Re being realistic, whilst we all want an A Grader, no point selling the farm to get it (top end future picks etc). I reckon we need to show we're on the cusp of finals next year, will help immensely towards landing someone next year.

You might be right re Lovell Demon 16 - though it is supposedly a week draft. He looks to be pretty much in the mould of Prestia. Can kick off both feet, and go 55 with his right (from what I can see on Youtube). Has endurance. Plus the club have acknowledged him as a potential target with our second rounder.

Another permutation to the above is to ask for GC for Gorringe, but I reckon we might need to throw in next year's second or third rounder or something - thus not selecting Grimley. If Gorringe were any good, GC would've found a regular spot for him in the side by now. And it seems he wants to go to Port.

Re being realistic, whilst we all want an A Grader, no point selling the farm to get it (top end future picks etc). I reckon we need to show we're on the cusp of finals next year, will help immensely towards landing someone next year.

You're right, another 3 rungs up the ladder will help a heck of a lot in jagging an a grade mid. We might have to wait another year.

I'm not sure we'll have enough organic growth to do it next year though, without a good trade period.

Given we have Spencer and Gawn who are become good and capable senior rucks respectively, I wouldn't waste a second round pick on ruck insurance. We should just use a late or rookie pick to take the best state league ruck available.

After the club didn't sign him during the last trade period he never wants to hear from port again. He is absolutely livid and hates them now. Can guarantee he'll be going anywhere but there.

Good work Col.

• Use fifth (79) and sixth (97) round draft picks to upgrade Harmes and Vandenberg
  • Trade:
  3. Pick 43 for Tom Bugg
Pick 59 for Ben Kennedy? Good luck with that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back