List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it wouldn't be out of the question to trade Walker?

I think trading Walker will be his decision to make... If he wants a chance at a premiership he'll be traded but he's the type of hard worker that the club should retain to inspire, motivate and teach the younger players what type of work ethic it will require to make it at the AFL level.

I think trading Walker will be his decision to make... If he wants a chance at a premiership he'll be traded but he's the type of hard worker that the club should retain to inspire, motivate and teach the younger players what type of work ethic it will require to make it at the AFL level.
I wonder how much football he has left, had real problems last year with his knee and has had three ops (?) on that knee.

Not sure there would be a lot of interest out there.

Walker could be traded if there was a reasonable offer made, one of the 'Dogs young brigade would work for us.
Yeah not sure if Walker would be in our plans as where in full rebuild mode but at the right price I would consider him.

I personally don't think we should trade out any top-end talent and CFC should keep to task.

I liked what we did at the draft / trade period last year and I would like to see that carried forward for the foreseeable future. The Sydney Swans, for example, have avoided any "bottoming out" for so many consecutive years due to their investment in such a positive and player-led culture.

Granted, Sydney's list development is probably the best in the league - which may also go some way to explaining why Sydney still have such a culture in place - and to me, it once again highlights the area where CFC is most wanting. Player development.

This then should be our #1 focus at the minute.

What's more, I believe there to be nothing wrong with the list management approach we've adopted over Mick's time; it's our bloody list development and player leadership that are the most pressing issues.

Aish next year? Would have to give up alot to get him though, as long as we don't give away a high draft pick or anyone under 23 I don't really mind. I would honestly give them anyone from Casboult to Murphy to Gibbs, with some exchanges of later draft picks to our benefit.

We will be linked to every out of contract player as usual.

He may well be on SOS list of targets but he won't be alone on there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't want to sell the farm, nor pay overs at all, but we do need to be realistic (ie, fair). He's a perfect example of the type of player that we'll be looking for now. Young and with huge upside. We may almost be in the best position by the end of the year, with the most attractive offer for the Lions, but I'm not sure he'd want to come to us .... that's a danger right now. We have to really sell the opportunity to play in the big 'blockbuster' games etc, but Collingwood have us covered in all aspects really.

Last edited:
We win, do we?

Yes, absolutely.

tumblr_lo9672LeuN1qczo8zo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back