2015 Mature Aged Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Yarran has kicked 29 goals in 6 games in the WAFL, he was born in 1989 and listed on the club website at 186cms and 76kgs. Think he is an ex con but that hasn't stopped others from being drafted. Have no idea about his recent off field history. I don't know much about him at all except for stats. Never seen him play. Seems I be dominating the WAFL ATM

I was very surprised that someone didn't rookie list him.

Don't be surprised to see Dan Coghlan on an AFL list next year. High production inside midfielder. Similar to Brisbane's Zac O'Brien but better IMO.

Uh, my boy.

Adam Marcon doing great things on the VFL televised game today.
Haven't been watching honestly, prefer to watch our boys play.

I might need a new VFL boy since Tagliabue has gone MIA. Maybe Jacob Thompson.

Haven't been watching honestly, prefer to watch our boys play.

I might need a new VFL boy since Tagliabue has gone MIA. Maybe Jacob Thompson.

Only just flicked it on now tbh.

Haven't seen any of our VFL games so can't comment.

Maybe Langford of the Jack variety of Cogs does gets rafters?

Only just flicked it on now tbh.

Haven't seen any of our VFL games so can't comment.

Maybe Langford of the Jack variety of Cogs does gets rafters?
I like Langford I must admit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching/following some NEAFL, SANFL and VFL footy this year, I have had a put a brief list of the ones below that I think might be a chance this year and where I think they might fit.

NEAFL:
Josh Wagner - Aspley (Rookie)
Jordan Harper - Ainslie (Late-Rookie)
Paul Hunter - Redland (Rookie)
Matt Uebergang - Redland (Rookie)
Tim Jones - Southport (Rookie)
Josh Smith - Redland (Late-Rookie)

VFL:
Matt Hanson - Werribee (Late)
Jake Wilson - Werribee (Rookie)
Josh Porter - Werribee (Late-rookie)
Tom Gordon - Box Hill (Late - Rookie)
Michael Hartley - Coburg (Mid-Late)
Dan Coghlan - Essendon (Rookie)
Osgar Uysal - Coburg (Rookie)
James Polkinghorne - Essendon (Rookie)
Mitch Brown - Sandringham (Mid-Late)
Mitch Gent - Casey (Rookie)

SANFL:
Bryce Retzlaff - Centrals (Rookie)
Chris Jansen - Centrals (Late-Rookie)
Erin Wasley-Black - West Adelaide (Late)
Adam Gulden - Sth Adelaide (Rookie)

No doubt will have missed some but I think these guys will be around the mark.

Another BOG performance from Port Melbourne Borough defender/utility Damian Mascitti.

Would be pleased to see him get a gig on a rookie list.

Dan Coghlan was invited to the state combine last year. Having had a slow start to the year he has come back strong in the second half of the year.

Anthony Tippingwuti is another VFL Bomber who has been impressive this year playing predominantly off HB.

Any other guys who have stood out in your state league?

Ash Close looked bloody good in the VFL for the Pies on Saturday. Took some very strong Marks and Kicked Straight
Not sure if he's there yet, needs to put in a full season like a Gardiner from Frankston did.

Nicholas Mellington is playing for the Richmond VFL this season from Murray Bushrangers. Murray captain last year, 19 years old, good size, hard at the ball, HB/Midfielder. He played some good games in a struggling side this season, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was drafted. Played a few games as a young TAC player in the VFL last season. Consistency in games and decision-making at times lets him down, but one of those players that makes up for it and keeps on going hard at the next contest. Quick hands and shows poise at times.

Nicholas Mellington is playing for the Richmond VFL this season from Murray Bushrangers. Murray captain last year, 19 years old, good size, hard at the ball, HB/Midfielder. He played some good games in a struggling side this season, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was drafted. Played a few games as a young TAC player in the VFL last season. Consistency in games and decision-making at times lets him down, but one of those players that makes up for it and keeps on going hard at the next contest. Quick hands and shows poise at times.
Hey Nick, welcome to BigFooty. From what I've seen of him and others I'd be doubtful.

He'd be a chance. Likely rookie. If Richmond rate him- They'll take him.

Probably in a similar boat to Nathan Drummond from last year...

I think Josh Porter will get picked up from werribee. Has been solid there this year. Quick and a very natural forward, 195ish and 92-93kg!

Matt Hanson and Jake Wilson should get a look in too.

Nick Rippon still killing it for nth ballarat!

I think Josh Porter will get picked up from werribee. Has been solid there this year. Quick and a very natural forward, 195ish and 92-93kg!

Matt Hanson and Jake Wilson should get a look in too.

Nick Rippon still killing it for nth ballarat!

Yep definitely a few clubs interested in Porter I believe. Surprised he wasn't invited to the state combine- But I reckon clubs are keeping some players close to their chests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back