2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL Pav the enforcer...

great pic of a very young Fyfe on the back page of The West today

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/27990151/from-scrawny-kid-to-the-best-player-in-the-afl/

And scarily for the rest of the competition, Healy said Fremantle’s biggest weapon could still get better.

“Fyfe went from being a player with huge upside to the best player in the competition in the space of two or three years,” Healy said. “If you track the form of Gary Ablett, it took him nine years to be that player. I hope for everyone’s sake, including his own and all Fremantle supporters, that Fyfe gets remembered as a dynamic premiership player.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/27990151/from-scrawny-kid-to-the-best-player-in-the-afl/

And scarily for the rest of the competition, Healy said Fremantle’s biggest weapon could still get better.

“Fyfe went from being a player with huge upside to the best player in the competition in the space of two or three years,” Healy said. “If you track the form of Gary Ablett, it took him nine years to be that player. I hope for everyone’s sake, including his own and all Fremantle supporters, that Fyfe gets remembered as a dynamic premiership player.”
Thanks for that mate! Great article. Dedication plus talent plus a strong foundation has left Fyfe in a very special space to achieve success

But wait, there's more...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s-of-wa-football/story-fniv64vs-1227357405601

"Coaching legend John Todd says premiership dynasties are moulded around champions like Fyfe, while goalkicking genius Austin Robertson declares the Dockers superstar already the “best player” he has ever seen."

I mentioned it here or somewhere else but as foreign as it feels. Fyfe is definitely the player we have had. And that's not a criticism on pav who I rate in the top handful of players over the last decade. I just think fyfes that good.

He hasn't got the longevity of pav yet but we have never had a player who has dominated games like fyfe does and pav is still showing his class on a weekly basis.

I hate The West - that is all lol

How would we get the Nic Nat perspective with out them?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/28068757/nic-nat-backs-fyfe-over-trip/

Naitanui said it was easy to accidentally trip an opponent in a desperate attempt to stop them from running past.

He said instincts took over once the game began.

"Someone tried to run around me and I stupidly stuck my leg out. It was similar to what Nat’s done. You don’t want to get stepped (around) in a game. You know you’re going to be in the vision on a Monday morning of a guy running around you," he said.

"I think it’s just instinct to try to stop that guy getting past you."

Naitanui praised the new tribunal system which had allowed more players to escape suspension.

Dermott & Ox wax lyrical about our Nat, from about 1:25.

"Sounds like a stoner" :eek:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt thompson such an idiot, just saw video on AFL site and says "we all know Nat Fyfe has a history with the MRP" makes it sound so bad when it isnt. And say it was categorised as intentional but low impact can it be downgraded to not intentional.

Matt thompson such an idiot, just saw video on AFL site and says "we all know Nat Fyfe has a history with the MRP" makes it sound so bad when it isnt. And say it was categorised as intentional but low impact can it be downgraded to not intentional.

I doubt it could be downgraded as he even said after the game it was a brain fade.

Ross's 6PR interview was awkward tonight - didn't really sound like he wanted a bar of it.

Sounded like Karl was a bit miffed by it all especially as he was flying solo for the interview.

Ross's 6PR interview was awkward tonight - didn't really sound like he wanted a bar of it.

Sounded like Karl was a bit miffed by it all especially as he was flying solo for the interview.
Actually thought Karl did a really good job considering Ross seemed determined to give him nothing. Managed to keep it flowing and even got Ross mildly engaged at one point.
I know its a contractual obligation and he's probably exhausted but would it kill Ross to at least try and sound interested for 5 minutes?

Actually thought Karl did a really good job considering Ross seemed determined to give him nothing. Managed to keep it flowing and even got Ross mildly engaged at one point.
I know its a contractual obligation and he's probably exhausted but would it kill Ross to at least try and sound interested for 5 minutes?

Yeah thats what i mean - a lot of other journos would've pulled the pin at about the 5 minute mark when they realised Ross wasn't going to play ball. Theres only so many questions that can get stone walled before you think whats the point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back