2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

RTB sounded understandably tired but OK to me. Looks like they're going to continue to use the Sub as one means of managing and freshening up the players where possible.

Must get really difficult in answering the same questions without sounding bored / tired. Requires a LOT of patience...
Coaching seriously ages you much quicker than "normal"!

Watched the replay and listening to RTB confirmed we wasted the ball a fair bit. Both gettable opportunities missed, average execution and the ball coming straight back out again. He was adamant that we dominated the game. Not many on here thought so. I thought we were the better team and had dominant patches but wouldnt have said we were dominant.

No mention of the free kick count... though he wasnt asked either.

It was interesting in the post match on Sunday how relaxed and friendly RTB was, obviously the WA media gives him the shits, something we can all relate to.

Not hard to see why though. He got intelligent questions relating to the game, not the mindless, repetitive dribble that the WC loving WA media dish up after the home games.

Last edited:
I always find it bizarre in these circumstances every once in a while - where when we get run over the top of in the end of games occasionally Ross feels the need to puff his chest. I often think it's unnerving that he's modest and complementary to team's we've trounced, but then the complete opposite - displaying a degree of cringe-worthy pig-headed arrogance when we are outplayed.
He displayed the same characteristics after both our finals losses last year from memory, both post-match interviews I thought were extremely awkward to watch, it obviously didn't help when it was capped off with his comments re: Mitch Clark at the time either..

Now that I have listened to the interview, I think it went ok. Only one abrupt anwer " NO " related to the wet half of the ground when he couldn't elaborate anyway.

The tiredness was evident and he seemed really ticked off with the number of our dropped marks.

I thought Boris did alright if I am honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooooh yes, I knew about Natty ;)

Equal tenth for Pav is huge! Would like to see the full list so I'm gonna try to hunt it down.

All time top 11. (Accurate in 2007) This is the best list I can find.
1. Kernahan
2 Reynolds (224)
3. Whitten (212)
4. Voss (210)
5. Nicholls (188)
6. Carey (184)
7. Kelly (182)
8. Frawley (177)
9. Bentley (168)
9. Neitz (168)*
11. Skilton (165)

So that means now.
1. Kernahan
2 Reynolds (224)
3. Whitten (212)
4. Voss (210)
5. Nicholls (188)
6. Carey (184)
7. Kelly (182)
8. Frawley (177)
10. Neitz (175)
11. Pavlich(174)*

Not sure which player we are missing

Has anyone ever worked out what the geriatric commentator with the girl's name has against Freo? I swear he has always been like that since even the club first started in 95. Sunday's game was a perfect example, gets all excited when the Dogs are coming in the last quarter and then goes as quiet as a mouse when Freo seal the game.

All time top 11. (Accurate in 2007) This is the best list I can find.
1. Kernahan
2 Reynolds (224)
3. Whitten (212)
4. Voss (210)
5. Nicholls (188)
6. Carey (184)
7. Kelly (182)
8. Frawley (177)
9. Bentley (168)
9. Neitz (168)*
11. Skilton (165)

So that means now.
1. Kernahan
2 Reynolds (224)
3. Whitten (212)
4. Voss (210)
5. Nicholls (188)
6. Carey (184)
7. Kelly (182)
8. Frawley (177)
10. Neitz (175)
11. Pavlich(174)*

Not sure which player we are missing

I found this one from AFL as of round 23, 2014 so we can compare :)

The most games in history as captain are Stephen Kernahan (226 games as captain), Dick Reynolds (224 games as captain), Ted Whitten (212 games as captain), Michael Voss (210 games as captain), John Nicholls (188 games as captain), Wayne Carey (184 games as captain), Paul Kelly (182 games as captain), Nick Riewoldt (181 games as captain), Danny Frawley (177 games as captain), David Neitz (175 games as captain).

Edit: Looks like N Riewoldt is the only addition to yours.

And if Pav keeps going til rd 23 (touch wood) that's another 16 onto 174 = 190, which will be 5th or 6th depending on what Riewoldt plays.

I think this just goes to show what an absolute legend Pav is, and I think a lot of his achievements go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever worked out what the geriatric commentator with the girl's name has against Freo? I swear he has always been like that since even the club first started in 95. Sunday's game was a perfect example, gets all excited when the Dogs are coming in the last quarter and then goes as quiet as a mouse when Freo seal the game.

still thinks it is the VFL.

I know this sounds like something a Western Australian would say, but the commentary of the Freo/Dogs game was a disgrace. There really was nothing impartial about it. Voices raised to fever pitched when the dogs scored a goal, and pretty quiet when Freo got one.

And if Pav keeps going til rd 23 (touch wood) that's another 16 onto 174 = 190, which will be 5th or 6th depending on what Riewoldt plays.

I think this just goes to show what an absolute legend Pav is, and I think a lot of his achievements go unnoticed.

Yes, he's a class act. Never had any controversies and you never hear a bad word about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back