2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is doing a good job of showing up the people who don't understand context or that the real world exists in shades of grey. A very healthy percentage of the people who boo Goodes are doing so out of casually racist perception of him being too big for his boots. People should be able to understand this, whilst acknowledging, at the same time that he is a bit dirty and a bit up himself (The later two may be the reason some have jumped on the booing bandwagon, other than regular sheep like behaviour, but it's not the root cause). Anyone who thinks this wrong, and that it's just because he is a 'dirty sniper' is either ignorant or racist themselves.
Do you know what racist means? 'casually racist perception of him being too big for his boots' doesn't make sense.

The biggest snipet with the goody image is Luke Hodge. No one ever boos him.
Amazing how often this bloke gets away with it in the eyes of the media. Eight years ago he kicks Nigel Lappin in a round one game, gets nothing more than a reprimand, and no one says a word about him being dirty. Lappin ruled out for two weeks. Then Hawthorn fans, the same ones that boo "sniper" Goodes melt down over his three week suspension for Hodge elbowing someone in the throat.

Never seen Goodes do anything half as bad as Hodge tries. Or that loveable rascal Stevie J.

Way to make a generalisation Paracleet. "If you don't agree with me you are either ignorant or racist".

I don't dislike Adam Goodes, but I'll still call this for the crap it is.

This... generalisations taken to extreme just because of a disagreement in opinion is ridiculous.

I barely boo Goodes, when I do it is because of the diving antics. I booed Cox for this, shuey and the selwoods, stevie J, even jimmy B when he started doing it despite loving his game for years. Goodes is a champion of the game. Yet if we play them and he ducks and stages I will boo. If it is walters or one of ours that ducks and stages I won't boo, but I will groan and mutter and mumble because they are good enough to play without the antics. In fact in my eyes cox finished his career so sadly it was a shame given he (although an eagle flog) was a great of the game and it was sad he resorted to trying to milk kicks so frequently. My last memories of him are of being weak in a contest and staging for a kick. It should have been hitting a contest hard, running to space and delivering a ball forward off his right or left with precision. See him occasionally and happily rip him for it and his book title... asked him if the same people who came up with that title ever saw him play his last couple of seasons and if they did I assumed they must have been the same people who came up with 'the west is ours' .... many feathers and all that rubbish.

I am very self aware, and have given large portions of my life to helping indigenous cultures around the globe. I would think some booing would be racially motivated but to suggest everyone is or otherwise ignorant could perhaps in itself be labelled as ignorant.

I thought he put his leg forward for the intentional trip. Very dangerous, he has obviously watched a few soccer games.

Not sure if serious? He's quite obviously attempting to toepoke the ball to Hannebury but he missed the ball by about 3 inches.

Seems pretty obvious you have something against Goodes, if you've come to that conclusion.

Not sure if serious? He's quite obviously attempting to toepoke the ball to Hannebury but he missed the ball by about 3 inches.

Seems pretty obvious you have something against Goodes, if you've come to that conclusion.

I don't like protected species. I think he should have been suspended several more times but he got away with late hits, dirty slides into peoples over and over again.

At other times I forget about that, like in the 2013 GF when he played like a superstar with out a PCL from memory.

This is same reason I don't like Judd.

Jumps, gets him high, Selwood takes a while to get up, could have grabbed the ball and still gets off.

There was another one as well where he hit the player way late, but got off.

I don't like protected species. I think he should have been suspended several more times but he got away with late hits, dirty slides into peoples over and over again.

At other times I forget about that, like in the 2013 GF when he played like a superstar with out a PCL from memory.

This is same reason I don't like Judd.

Jumps, gets him high, Selwood takes a while to get up, could have grabbed the ball and still gets off.

There was another one as well where he hit the player way late, but got off.

Fair enough. He clearly should have been rubbed out for the Selwood hit, maybe the impact was not deemed strong enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. He clearly should have been rubbed out for the Selwood hit, maybe the impact was not deemed strong enough.

Or maybe it was because he is a protected species.
He has been sliding to take out players legs for years and he persisted because he knew he was an untouchable.
Leigh Matthews said as much years ago. That is how long it has been going on for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back