2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Best defence in the league and no defenders in the teams. Just shows how we are more of a defensive unit - rather than a bunch of a-grade defenders

Even though we could easily make a case for someone like Ibbo or Spurr or anyone else making the team from our defense.
Would have thought MacPharlin and Johnson deserved consideration. Yes, they've missed a couple each so far but both have racked up the stats without conceding many. At the very least, Pav kicked 4 on Hurley, and Rance has also been beaten a few of times.

Not wanting to be politically incorrect, but I had to laugh at this article on NineMSN this afternoon - sad juxtaposition of Eagles merchandise...

upload_2015-6-24_15-52-24.png

The Kerr interview was fascinating. I imagine it's helping his cause with the legal case hanging over his head to get out there and show he is reformed and helping others. But it exposes the denial and delusion when he claims his problems were 'only' to do with drinking heavily and losing control as if they are not serious issues.

Admits to only trying drugs but not succumbing to them as if he's in control and when asked if he did drugs while playing responds 'not really'. Can't imagine the club is happy with that stuff being dredged up again. Reckons Ben stands in isolation with his issues as if his life is not in a spiral.

He leaves me thinking he's a ticking time bomb after watching that interview. I really don't think he was ready to bare his soul and his minders haven't done him any favours.

The Kerr interview was fascinating. I imagine it's helping his cause with the legal case hanging over his head to get out there and show he is reformed and helping others. But it exposes the denial and delusion when he claims his problems were 'only' to do with drinking heavily and losing control as if they are not serious issues.

Admits to only trying drugs but not succumbing to them as if he's in control and when asked if he did drugs while playing responds 'not really'. Can't imagine the club is happy with that stuff being dredged up again. Reckons Ben stands in isolation with his issues as if his life is not in a spiral.

He leaves me thinking he's a ticking time bomb after watching that interview. I really don't think he was ready to bare his soul and his minders haven't done him any favours.
I can not wait for the first of their great 2006 GF team to be so desperate for money that tell what was Really happening on game days.

I personally think that interview was brave and truthful. Very rarely does this country acknowledge Speed use and Alchohol but anyone that dabbles in it occasionally or knows people that use it recreationally, know that it is the gateway. I can't get drunk as s**t and not start egging friends to hunt down some. An honest interview.

on a similar note, props to ABC for having balls to make that show 'struggle street' and not succumb to pressure for fears of it being another 'freakshow' channel 7 like reality show. Was brutal, honest and insightful television. PROPS!

I personally believe his excuse and i can relate his problems to a shitload of friends (myself included). Travvelling around world a bit, you really see how most people view 'drinking'. Australians are quite warped when it comes to world views of partying and drinking. FOOD>Alchohol nearly everywhere in world and getting drunk is a sign of weakness yet in this country, England included, its a sign of mannilness. An irishman said it best when i said you dudes are famous for drinking, he said famous for drinking a lot without being drunk and that he found Aussies quite weak drinkers. When i explained how much we drunk, he laughed and said thats stupid, and don't people tell you to slow down or that your a complete idiot when your that drunk......i said they either egg you on or pat you on back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally believe his excuse and i can relate his problems to a shitload of friends (myself included). Travvelling around world a bit, you really see how most people view 'drinking'. Australians are quite warped when it comes to world views of partying and drinking. FOOD>Alchohol nearly everywhere in world and getting drunk is a sign of weakness yet in this country, England included, its a sign of mannilness. An irishman said it best when i said you dudes are famous for drinking, he said famous for drinking a lot without being drunk and that he found Aussies quite weak drinkers. When i explained how much we drunk, he laughed and said thats stupid, and don't people tell you to slow down or that your a complete idiot when your that drunk......i said they either egg you on or pat you on back.

That's interesting. I have found the opposite and have quite a few Irish friends who are embarrassed about how their countrymen behave in Perth (usually travelling for construction work). Saying that they are the worst drinkers who turn violent and are building a very poor reputation.

Sure. Honest. Meanwhile SEN has reported security needed to be called to his room before the interview as he was disturbing all the other guests. Must still be having a few too many beers....

In 7 years, we should have the record (or the eagles depending how you look at it) :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-26/the-streak-round-13

Streak-3-r13.jpg

Next Worst
Club
Opposition Streak
West Coast Fremantle 16 games
Adelaide Collingwood 15 games
Port Adelaide Collingwood 13 games
St Kilda Geelong 12 games

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/le...says-afl-analyst/story-fndv8d6r-1227413387908

Does this remind anyone else of other scathing articles written about a former rising star in his second year after 'unjustly' beating out the Victorian favourite? Not saying a second year player is above criticism, but when the team is travelling poorly I'd suggest he should be about 15th in line for attracting heat. Weak article.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/le...says-afl-analyst/story-fndv8d6r-1227413387908

Does this remind anyone else of other scathing articles written about a former rising star in his second year after 'unjustly' beating out the Victorian favourite? Not saying a second year player is above criticism, but when the team is travelling poorly I'd suggest he should be about 15th in line for attracting heat. Weak article.
Who was this so called "analyst" that is constantly referred to? Yep, trash article.

Rhys Palmer was so unfairly criticised. His kicking wasn't his strength but he was such a great ball winner and gut runner for someone who was a first year player. He was never the same after doing his ACL on top of copping so much rubbish. Poor guy, I still like him and am glad that he's doing alright with the Giants.

Ross after the game with the Fox analysts is quite a contrast against his Presser.

With Fox:
- he covers some game strategies with Hill's positioning in making him the +1 in the last which freed things up.
- the need for speed & run in the midfield means Hill can't go back permanently (Weller gets a mention).
- a focus to change it up in some games ahead with the rucks so we can play Sandi forward for the majority of the game and give Griff, Hannath and Clarke a run.
- "to be honest, I should have opened it up earlier" (I read that to mean to have added the +1)

By contrast, in his presser, a journo asks him about Ibbo's form last year and he cops it. (I stand to be corrected but I think/hope it was Haggers cos he just alluded to being howled down by Ross in the presser about the Ibbo question)

Rhys Palmer was so unfairly criticised. His kicking wasn't his strength but he was such a great ball winner and gut runner for someone who was a first year player. He was never the same after doing his ACL on top of copping so much rubbish. Poor guy, I still like him and am glad that he's doing alright with the Giants.

He is getting a new contract at GWS as well.

me thinks Kim Baghorn is getting ticked off at Ross the boss for exposing him as a assuming know all at his post game press conferences. ole kimmy takes every opportunity on 6pr to say RTB was wrong about what he said about his team structure and what roles certain players play. kim precedes every piece of his self serving crap with 'in my opinion' and then precedes to take RTB answers out of context to suit his delusions of football nous. give up Kim, RTB is making you look even more stupid

The Worst Australian has gone in to overdrive with the negative slant to every headline, critisism and back handers, begrudging compliments when absolutely necessary for a shred of credibility. You would think we were Melbourne FC circa 2013 not top of the ladder with one loss. So yeh, right back in my comfort zone. All that adulation we were getting at the beginning of the year was giving me the heebee jeebees!

GOOD GRIEF : What next ?

The Sunday Times here in Perth has plumbed new depths in their quest to keep wc eagles worship alive and well.
People in other states are fortunate to be spared today's amateurish and ultimately embarrassing back page spread : It is a titillating headline to draw the reader to the inside expanse by one Kimberley Hagdorn.

This back page enticement for readers to join Kim inside for his eagles prediction is pathetic if not sad.
For those of you on here who are interstate this is what we here in the west have been subjected to.

" Dear Adam, on behalf of WA footy fans.... WE GOT IT WRONG."

Subsection : flat track bullies = X
Too many injuries = X
Slow midfield. = X
Poor skills. = X
Freo's Bunnies ? =

Come inside for West Coast's run to September.

Kim then shares with the reader his view that west coast are contending for fourth spot with Freo, who he asserts could snatch 18-19 wins, Sydney and Hawthorn. Kim declines to share with the reader who he believes Fremantle will lose another two or three games to as that could leave him open to too much ridicule.
There is another way Kim.

GOOD GRIEF : What next ?

The Sunday Times here in Perth has plumbed new depths in their quest to keep wc eagles worship alive and well.
People in other states are fortunate to be spared today's amateurish and ultimately embarrassing back page spread : It is a titillating headline to draw the reader to the inside expanse by one Kimberley Hagdorn.

This back page enticement for readers to join Kim inside for his eagles prediction is pathetic if not sad.
For those of you on here who are interstate this is what we here in the west have been subjected to.

" Dear Adam, on behalf of WA footy fans.... WE GOT IT WRONG."

Subsection : flat track bullies = X
Too many injuries = X
Slow midfield. = X
Poor skills. = X
Freo's Bunnies ? =

Come inside for West Coast's run to September.

Kim then shares with the reader his view that west coast are contending for fourth spot with Freo, who he asserts could snatch 18-19 wins, Sydney and Hawthorn. Kim declines to share with the reader who he believes Fremantle will lose another two or three games to as that could leave him open to too much ridicule.
There is another way Kim.

I notice he didn't apologised for getting it wrong about Freo.He had Freo fifth in his pre season dribble chart.
Also I could not believe there was not a word about Thursdays game or Pav's testimonial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back