2015 Membership (13,102 members @ 25/04/2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarang

Debutant
Feb 5, 2012
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Hey guys,

Went to around 6 Suns games this year and was finally able to convince a friend to get season tickets next year. Just wondering the process about getting reserved seat memberships sitting together. I see on the website it says

"To sit with other members, the group’s membership applications must be completed in full, stapled together and submitted at the one time."

We'd prefer to do it all online and was just wondering the way to go about it. Is there an option to sit together with another member or would we be better off simultaneously buying our memberships with 2 computers open and selecting seats on the map located together?

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Just renewed my 5 memberships (2x adult, 3x kids) for nearly $800 online using the membership "how to" card we received in the mail. the process was quite simple but they are trying hard to up the spend per member by including polos and caps for each member that you have to de-select if you don't want them.

PS, I am sure it was cheaper last year.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Just renewed my 5 memberships (2x adult, 3x kids) for nearly $800 online using the membership "how to" card we received in the mail. the process was quite simple but they are trying hard to up the spend per member by including polos and caps for each member that you have to de-select if you don't want them.

PS, I am sure it was cheaper last year.
Can you choose your seat online - or are you at least told the seat number before committing? I'll be buying mine as soon as the fixture comes out.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Can you choose your seat online - or are you at least told the seat number before committing? I'll be buying mine as soon as the fixture comes out.

I kept my seats so didn't have to select anything. give the club a call I have always found them to be helpful

Number17

All Australian
Feb 5, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GC Suns. LiverpoolFC.
So if you haven't renewed your membership for 2015 yet "get the f@&$ in there"

If your not a member then "get the f@&$ in there"

Will be a good ride at the big show in 2015.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
So if you haven't renewed your membership for 2015 yet "get the f@&$ in there"

If your not a member then "get the f@&$ in there"

Will be a good ride at the big show in 2015.
Looking like Carlton might be our first home game of the season. Suns vs Blues. If the Suns win, you need to change your team from Carlton to GC Suns, and 'other teams' to Carlton ;)

Number17

All Australian
Feb 5, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GC Suns. LiverpoolFC.
Looking like Carlton might be our first home game of the season. Suns vs Blues. If the Suns win, you need to change your team from Carlton to GC Suns, and 'other teams' to Carlton ;)
Ha! Nah that can't happen. I cheer as hard as anybody for the Suns and put my hard earned x4 to Gold Membership, but I've been a Blues fan (and ex-Carlton Social Club member) for 4 decades so it's in my blood.

Funny thing is, if they play at Metricon in round 2 then I will be o/s and will miss it ..... although that may not be a bad thing to be honest. :cry:

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Ha! Nah that can't happen. I cheer as hard as anybody for the Suns and put my hard earned x4 to Gold Membership, but I've been a Blues fan (and ex-Carlton Social Club member) for 4 decades so it's in my blood.

Funny thing is, if they play at Metricon in round 2 then I will be o/s and will miss it ..... although that may not be a bad thing to be honest. :cry:
Hmm, you don't go to Suns games with your wife/partner by any chance do you? Or were you at the Port game late this year? I spoke to a couple who said they've been Carlton members for decades but live on the coast so they support the Suns as much as they can, but will always be Blues fans for life.

Perhaps there are just hundreds of closeted Blues fans on the GC :p

Number17

All Australian
Feb 5, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GC Suns. LiverpoolFC.
Hmm, you don't go to Suns games with your wife/partner by any chance do you? Or were you at the Port game late this year? I spoke to a couple who said they've been Carlton members for decades but live on the coast so they support the Suns as much as they can, but will always be Blues fans for life.

Perhaps there are just hundreds of closeted Blues fans on the GC :p
Wasn't at the Port game we were away but go with my family to most games. We're Blues fans first but we're Suns fans & members as well. Wearing the Suns gear to the games..... except for one game though. Didn't have to worry about that dilemma this year.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
gcs_sidebar_2.png

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Just a question regarding GA vs reserved seat memberships...

I have quite a few opposition supporters (Brisbane, Sydney, North Melbourne, and Collingwood) who have said they'll come to their club's game vs the Suns at Metricon, but I'm confused about which membership to get.

If I get a reserved seat membership, I guess there's no way to purchase tickets for my friends who want to sit with me? At almost every game at Metricon next year there'll be a chance that there'll be more than just my girlfriend and me, so I assume a GA membership would be better for sitting with friends?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number17

All Australian
Feb 5, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GC Suns. LiverpoolFC.
Just a question regarding GA vs reserved seat memberships...

I have quite a few opposition supporters (Brisbane, Sydney, North Melbourne, and Collingwood) who have said they'll come to their club's game vs the Suns at Metricon, but I'm confused about which membership to get.

If I get a reserved seat membership, I guess there's no way to purchase tickets for my friends who want to sit with me? At almost every game at Metricon next year there'll be a chance that there'll be more than just my girlfriend and me, so I assume a GA membership would be better for sitting with friends?

Mate just ring the membership team. They will give you a solution.
Pretty sure you can get a reserved seat m/ship so you can have the seats you want, but use them to sit in GA if you wish. Only issue I think would be sell out type games, so Pies & Swans might be an issue based on last years crowd numbers (and the fact we will be killing it next season and everyone will want to come and watch).

But call membership. They were fantastic when we were arranging seat changes for our family in the last few weeks.

GCFC Digital

Senior List
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If anyone is still on the fence about buying a membership for 2015, inbox me your name and number and I'll get one of the Membership team (and possibly a Gold Coast SUNS player) to give you a call later on today about it.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Where's everyone sitting next year? My girlfriend and I are right at the front of section 218 - wanted an aisle seat thanks to my long legs and was lucky enough to get two seats in the second row from the front. Very happy.

Decided to get the Silver membership despite most likely not going to all the games, but the membership services told me that even if I have a reserved seat membership, I'm free to sit in the GA areas if I bring a few mates every now and again, provided those I bring buy a GA ticket. All worked out in the end!

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Where's everyone sitting next year? My girlfriend and I are right at the front of section 218 - wanted an aisle seat thanks to my long legs and was lucky enough to get two seats in the second row from the front. Very happy.

Decided to get the Silver membership despite most likely not going to all the games, but the membership services told me that even if I have a reserved seat membership, I'm free to sit in the GA areas if I bring a few mates every now and again, provided those I bring buy a GA ticket. All worked out in the end!
217 first row ( due to my long legs) same as last 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back