2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They should do a 3 game VIC membership
Or the AFL could just give us 6 Melbourne games and it would be worth buying a membership for.

But nah why would they want to do that.

What do you have to do to get off a bronze membership?

What do you have to do to get off a bronze membership?

Rub it up and down and... wait, I think I might have made a terrible misunderstanding here...

Realised today that one of our few games in Melbourne is scheduled for Mother's Day vs Carlton.

Bugger all games down here as usual and one of them has to be Mother's Day. Granted it is a mid arvo time slot (3.20pm), but I have little doubt that is going to have influence on whether some of our Melbourne based members attend.

I'm quite shirty (almost at the slightly aggressive bear level) as I only give myself a 50/50 chance (at best) of being able to go now, and I'm only a 40/60 chance of making the first Melbourne game versus the Roos.

Suddenly my Vic membership for 2015 is looking rather expensive for what I might get out of it.

Realised today that one of our few games in Melbourne is scheduled for Mother's Day vs Carlton.

Bugger all games down here as usual and one of them has to be Mother's Day. Granted it is a mid arvo time slot (3.20pm), but I have little doubt that is going to have influence on whether some of our Melbourne based members attend.

I'm quite shirty (almost at the slightly aggressive bear level) as I only give myself a 50/50 chance (at best) of being able to go now, and I'm only a 40/60 chance of making the first Melbourne game versus the Roos.

Suddenly my Vic membership for 2015 is looking rather expensive for what I might get out of it.

I hear you, but for our club being a member is also about being a financial supporter. We aren't like the pies, we posted something like 3mil loss last year.

I hear you, but for our club being a member is also about being a financial supporter. We aren't like the pies, we posted something like 3mil loss last year.

I understand that and have said the same thing somewhere in this thread; my main point (which in hindsight I don't think I made all that well) was that we get stuff all games down here and one of those is scheduled on a day when some members might not be able to make it (I believe crowds are generally down on Mother's Day?).

For members of clubs who get double figure games missing one is probably no big deal. When you get five games scheduling becomes a pretty big thing (at least for me it seems).

I guess what I am trying to say is that from a likely selfish point of view it would be nice for that kind of thing to be considered when scheduling our matches in Victoria, but I'd be drawing an incredibly long bow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly not the correct thread for it, but when do we organise BF Lions sponsorship stuff? Is it usually in the new year?

I've been involved a few times but I always jump on really late - have a couple of players in mind this time around so I'd like to make sure I check the forum earlier in the piece.

+1 if this has not already been answered.

Not sure which birthday present I'll be enjoying more in 2015; the Lions family membership or the Lagavulin 21 yr I got :)

But I must say, I did look at the screen a little like this o_O when I received the below in an e-mail from the Lions:

Your 2015 membership pack will be sent out in the next few weeks, however please note you may experience delays due to Chinese New Year. You will receive an email notifying you when your pack has been posted, so you know when to keep an eye out on the post.

Anyone else on the monthly payment plan yet to get their pack? Mine rolled over automatically in November but I am yet to receive it.

I'm the opposite, received all my stuff but my credit card details changed between the last installment of last year, and the first payment of 2015. So I keep getting texts about how much I owe but I'm sittin here with my membership pack.

I'm the opposite, received all my stuff but my credit card details changed between the last installment of last year, and the first payment of 2015. So I keep getting texts about how much I owe but I'm sittin here with my membership pack.
This is why the club's broke. Pay up pal, Jed needs new shoes.

But will it work if you try and scan into the game with it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back