2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership%20Website%20-%20Sliders%20-%20embrace%20the%20roar.jpg

Richmond has now launched memberships for season 2015, with the chance to win a brand new Jeep.

The Club encourages 2014 members and supporters to Embrace the Roar and show their early commitment to the Tigers.

Richmond has frozen its membership prices until February 28, 2015, and by joining or renewing now, members will only pay 2014 prices.

Each member that joins or renews on the Committed Tiger direct debit payment program between now and February 28, 2015, will automatically be entered into the draw to win a brand new Jeep.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-08-20/2015-richmond-memberships-launch-with-price-freeze-

Last edited by a moderator:
Committed Tiger so that'll happen by itself :)

I'm actually interested in what other Interstate members think of their membership? I know a bunch of people who support Richmond in Perth but they don't want a membership, they don't go to games, it doesn't impact their level of support, to them it's a no brainer. Is there anything you think could be improved that might get these people to change from supporters to members?

Personally I would think Fox Footy Membership packages would help, suggested as much last year but I'm sure there would need to be heaps of arrangements made in order to get that through, particularly since it probably needs to be an arrangement with Foxtel and the AFL. Maybe the club could look at other options like producing DVD packages that automatically get sent every 4 weeks or so? I just know that Interstaters without Foxtel can only see the game if it's broadcast on Free to Air, they download it or go to a pub (some of these just aren't possible for some people).

I'll renew mine and my sons (country). I only got to one game this year, which I didn't even use my membership. With a new job however I'm hoping that will change and I can drag the kid along to his first game. I was going to take him to the vfl game v collingwood in morwell as a taster since its close by but he got invited to some idiots kids bday that w.e and couldn't go ... Bring on 2015!!!!

I'm actually interested in what other Interstate members think of their membership? I know a bunch of people who support Richmond in Perth but they don't want a membership, they don't go to games, it doesn't impact their level of support, to them it's a no brainer. Is there anything you think could be improved that might get these people to change from supporters to members?

Personally I would think Fox Footy Membership packages would help, suggested as much last year but I'm sure there would need to be heaps of arrangements made in order to get that through, particularly since it probably needs to be an arrangement with Foxtel and the AFL. Maybe the club could look at other options like producing DVD packages that automatically get sent every 4 weeks or so? I just know that Interstaters without Foxtel can only see the game if it's broadcast on Free to Air, they download it or go to a pub (some of these just aren't possible for some people).

Another option to offer instate members would be to arrange a membership package around the AFL Live App. Maybe a cheaper subscription offer where the membership cost offers you the chance to watch all of your team's matches for the year but you don't get to watch the matches involving the other teams you don't support. Subscribing to the AFL Live App at the moment is a cheaper option than buying Foxtel and you can use a Apple TV to watch it on your TV, but currently the price for the subscription to the AFL Live app is still expensive, especially when some people are only interested in watching their team play. This idea would require the AFL Live App to be redeveloped though to include the option of restricting the app to one person's team.

I'll renew mine and my sons (country). I only got to one game this year, which I didn't even use my membership. With a new job however I'm hoping that will change and I can drag the kid along to his first game. I was going to take him to the vfl game v collingwood in morwell as a taster since its close by but he got invited to some idiots kids bday that w.e and couldn't go ... Bring on 2015!!!!

Wait what. You have kids!?
I would've sworn you're ... 18?

Interstate member too. I don't buy it because it gets me 5 games to see, I get it to be a member, which is being apart of the club. I have foxtel which is my lifesaver or I'd never see Tigers games

I said earlier this year I wasn't going to renew. I'll buy 3 when I get home. :oops:
Nah Nah nah, you can't say up yours to the club when they are losing then jump back on board when they are winning and think everyone is going to welcome you back with open arms, in fact supporters like you need to be given a fully paid 1 year membership ban, then sent to Paris to think about your actions. ;)

Nah Nah nah, you can't say up yours to the club when they are losing then jump back on board when they are winning and think everyone is going to welcome you back with open arms, in fact supporters like you need to be given a fully paid 1 year membership ban, then sent to Paris to think about your actions. ;)
22 years straight. :drunk:

To me being an interstate member is a no brainer, but obviously everyone’s financial situation is different... Being a member is about more than attending games IMO. It's about being apart of the club. The price of the standard interstate membership ($125) is literally that of a decent night out and it gets you access to 1 or 2 games of footy a year in Perth. I also make sure I get over to Melbourne for at least one game a season, so 2-3 of the 5 games on the membership are used most years. Upgraded to MRC a few years back but having been in the UK for the last 19 months that's been more of a donation than anything else.

tl:dr - if $125 is a lot of money to someone, I can see that there is not that much in the membership for them, but if $125 is disposable income, you'd be stupid not to sign up, if only for the scalf or hat! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah out was a great day in the Tiger Cage GH, pity about the result. ...

Top stuff, speaking of the membership, how can they sell home and away memberships if they don't know how many interstaters we will have.
I could be wrong but I believe it's only General Admission to away games in Melbourne.

We have to nominate for Interstate games.

Yeah out was a great day in the Tiger Cage GH, pity about the result. ...
Sure was ... Rfc were very hospitable (tried to think of another similar word but I can't for the life me). The result was appauling but baulk beer helped ease the pain. I like to think the turn around rather than the Melbourne game is for tommy :)

I could be wrong but I believe it's only General Admission to away games in Melbourne.

Pretty sure its just GA access to home games (or GA access to gate share away games).

They can sell as many GA memberships as they want, as the GA membership doesnt garentee you access to games that sell out past a certain level and become reserved seating.

Pretty sure its just GA access to home games (or GA access to gate share away games).

They can sell as many GA memberships as they want, as the GA membership doesnt garentee you access to games that sell out past a certain level and become reserved seating.
Sorry, was talking about normal memberships. You are correct though.

We have to nominate for Interstate games.

This is what I'm talking about, I took this option for 2014 ( calculated guess we were going to put in a shocker ) and it gave me 11 home and 5 away games, my question is how can the club sell this option without knowing how many away games we will have in Melbourne.

Sorry I should of been a bit clearer with my earlier question.

This is what I'm talking about, I took this option for 2014 ( calculated guess we were going to put in a shocker ) and it gave me 11 home and 5 away games, my question is how can the club sell this option without knowing how many away games we will have in Melbourne.

Sorry I should of been a bit clearer with my earlier question.
http://membership.richmondfc.com.au/packages/view/145
The traditional season ticket includes general admission access to all Richmond home-and-away games played in Melbourne (subject to capacity)
Which goes back to what WATiger86 said about it basically being first in first served with GA.

I have a reserved seat membership and Melbourne away games general admission access. I will be renewing with no hesitation. I'm assuming we have the same as this year. 10 home games at the G and one at Etihad Stadium? Plus with a similar finishing area as to last year we should get good time slots as well.

Interstate member too. I don't buy it because it gets me 5 games to see, I get it to be a member, which is being apart of the club. I have foxtel which is my lifesaver or I'd never see Tigers games

Im the same. This will be my first game in 2 years this week. Dont even know if I scan my card or use it to get a ticket. Likely to upgrade due to just relocating to Melbourne.

Live in country WA. Member since '08. Went to first ever home/Melbourne game this year (against Sydney). I'm happy just knowing my money is helping the club.

Maybe they could give Interstaters a bigger discount with the Tiger Store?

Sent from my Tee-pee using smoke signals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back