Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep got the email yesterday saying they signed me up again. So easy :)

And I finally got to vote for the heritage jumper.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Surprise surprise, people on Facebook unhappy about auto renewal. The club really dropped the ball here and needed to be more clear on this, not to mention allow for easy online opt out. Going to generate a lot of bad will.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Surprise surprise, people on Facebook unhappy about auto renewal. The club really dropped the ball here and needed to be more clear on this, not to mention allow for easy online opt out. Going to generate a lot of bad will.
You only get auto renewal if you agreed to it. Clearly people have forgotten they did. If the club did auto renewal without permission they would've done it to all 45k members.

May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I know it's not the club per se, and they're using ticketmaster's platform, but it's bloody horrible to use and doesn't show you the information you want. This translates directly into lost membership sales. AFL and the clubs should work together on building their own membership platform rather than using this antiquated piece of s**t.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Got an email as well & voted yesterday as well.

Heritage all the way for me!
I love how you get to choose to make a photo of your fave player in the jumper you chose. Got a nice new Menz pic now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
You only get auto renewal if you agreed to it. Clearly people have forgotten they did. If the club did auto renewal without permission they would've done it to all 45k members.

I certainly don't remember agreeing to it, was it even an option? Regardless, extremely poor form not to make better effort to ensure people are aware rather than just some fine print in the mail. Not to mention making it a simple mouse click to change rather than having to waste time contacting the club directly. Small things like this is a sure way to lose the faith of members, I know it's made me reluctant to hand over my hard earned.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I certainly don't remember agreeing to it, was it even an option? Regardless, extremely poor form not to make better effort to ensure people are aware rather than just some fine print in the mail. Not to mention making it a simple mouse click to change rather than having to waste time contacting the club directly. Small things like this is a sure way to lose the faith of members, I know it's made me reluctant to hand over my hard earned.
If only 14k were on auto renewal it means 30k or so opted not to be. So seems like a big proportion were aware of the choice. I know I remember agreeing to it.

I recall to agreeing to the auto renewal.
You would have received some correspondence in the mail saying you had until the 15th if you didn't want to auto renew.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
You would have received some correspondence in the mail saying you had until the 15th if you didn't want to auto renew.
It was hard to miss to - Menz was front & centre on the flyer :p

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets

Yeah I did and that's why I went to the trouble of contacting the club to opt out, but certainly could understand people missing the bit about being debited and just disregarded it as a typical flyer to get one to sign up... I'm also apparently not the only one who missed the opt out option when signing up last year. Ridiculous that you can't go into your account and opt out manually, can't think of any subscription service so poor.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Autorenewal got triggered automatically last year and this year if you paid for your membership online... hence last year I called up to renew so I didn't get auto-renewed... yesterday couldn't be stuffed calling so renewed myself and my boy online so now I'm on auto-renew... just remember end of next season if you don't want a membership for 2016 call up and cancel it.

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Autorenewal got triggered automatically last year and this year if you paid for your membership online... hence last year I called up to renew so I didn't get auto-renewed... yesterday couldn't be stuffed calling so renewed myself and my boy online so now I'm on auto-renew... just remember end of next season if you don't want a membership for 2016 call up and cancel it.

There ya go, could have sworn I never had the choice. Shitty way to operate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back