Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

Those people confirming reserved seats, were you on the reserved seat waiting list?

Yes

To answer some other questions:

What time did you get through?
Originally 5x in the first couple of minutes to be greeted with the answering machine which was what I expected. Unfortunately no option was given to add a callback which baffled us as that is what the whole point was, to get in the virtual queue. In the next 5 minutes maybe another 10 times through to the answering machine, still no option to call back. The next 15 minutes it was so clogged the line was busy all the time, it's about 9:25 and we start getting through and still no option to leave a call back by this stage my Dad and I have give up all hope of being anywhere close to the front of the queue. Just after 9:30 I got through and finally got the call back option. When you send out an email saying that you will be able to leave your number for a call back and it will save you in the queue then getting an answering machine for the first 30 minutes that doesn't give you this option but instead hangs up on you is not great.

Were there many seats left when they rang you back?
No

The club had a reduced amount to sell?
Seems to be from my initial talk with the club months ago when they outlined on the map all of their allocated bays that they didn't have a reduced amount to sell as the map we received from the club with the email last night was the exact same areas mapped out. I think the club has chosen to try and sell match day reserved instead to make some more cash (could be wrong but it appears that way to me and others?)

Why people would be a bit upset
I would like the club to learn from it not get on them but they did it all wrong for the reserved seats and there is no one else to blame:
When you tell everyone you will be contacting the groups one by one and then giving them access to book their seats, say nothing for 2 weeks, then drop an email late the night before and then tell them it's first in first served by phone only the next day but they can get in a virtual queue and then still don't actually have a virtual queue for 30 mins it leaves everyone involved a bit pissed with it all.

I would have thought the logical and fairest way would have been to move through the group applications by received date and ring those groups in order.

Alls well that ends well for me but I can't help thinking there are some people out there that would have missed out after trying for a while and not being able to leave a callback so having no idea how to do it. For example, my Dad was the group organiser but I wasn't there to tell him he was wrong he would have given up as he was convinced the call back button on his iphone must be what they meant when he kept getting the answering machine message without the callback option.

Well that is s**t, I put my mate down for the reserved seat wait list the day it came out. It has all my details, I have received nothing. So it looks like he is going to miss out. They also told me they wouldn't be sorting the reserved seats until March, so that's another error.

s**t I just confirmed my reserved seat as well, bay 312 again!

I put in my forms for a seat change request as I was an unreserved essential platinum member in 2014. Received an email and SMS last night to ring in at 9am this morning. Took almost 40 mins of attempts just to register for a call back - the system was either too busy or when I did get through it wouldn't allow me to register for a call back and instead I'd get a messaging effectively saying "sorry, I've shat myself, try calling back later".

At least this year I won't have to worry about getting to games super early. My seat isn't spectacular but it's not much different to where I'd usually sit in 2014 so am happy enough. As I usually go on my own I should be able to inch closer to the action and in a more centralised spot in 2016.

s**t I just confirmed my reserved seat as well, bay 312 again!

I put in my forms for a seat change request as I was an unreserved essential platinum member in 2014. Received an email and SMS last night to ring in at 9am this morning. Took almost 40 mins of attempts just to register for a call back - the system was either too busy or when I did get through it wouldn't allow me to register and instead I'd get a messaging effectively saying "sorry, I've shat myself, try calling back later".

At least this year I won't have to worry about getting to games super early. My seat isn't spectacular but it's not much different to where I'd usually sit in 2014 so am happy enough. As I usually go on my own I should be able to inch closer to the action and in a more centralised spot in 2016.

This has jogged my memory that members who are upgrading to a reserved seat get first priority and will get first chance to call in and grab a seat - my mate is a lapsed member. He is probably s**t out of luck, as he was looking for a spot in BD.

I just want to add - while I think it's fantastic that the club has been able to boost memberships and sell out games, I can't help but feel disappointed in the system and how it's all played out over 2014 and this year already. As a 12+ year platinum/equivalent member I just feel that I've been placed on the same level as those with lower tier memberships and those who only signed up in 2014. There should be a far more rigid, priority based system in place. If you're going to have 29 different categories of memberships with prices ranging from $100-$780 you absolutely must discriminate between those categories and give priority to those who pay far more. Recognition of long term members wouldn't hurt either. The seat change request experience wasn't pleasant and certainly could have been done better. I would have thought the club would have learned from last year about the pitfalls of overburdening their phone systems but no, we received barely 12 hours notice and had to fight like desperate 12 year olds trying to get the last tickets at a one direction concert. Not cool.

Well my story is I put my name down for an upgrade n early December 2014 - under the impression upgrades from GA western stand to reserved Western stand were being done in order of receipt. (I used to sit religiously in the grey area tagged as Camera platform on the emailed map).

Unfortunately I'm interstate this week, and began ringing at 9am (ADL time) was only hold for 45 mins before being dumped. Called back multiple times unsuccessfully until about 10 ADL time when I lodged a callback. 1 1/2 hours later having not received a callback I tried calling again (to test the theory that callbacks weren't occurring in the order received) and sure enough after waiting online for a couple minutes I hung up again in frustration only to find a missed call. I waited again for a callback as per the missed message but didn't receive one, until deciding to call again from a second phone - low and behold my call after 20 minutes on hold got through and now have seats.

However the process was an absolute shambles - I dont blame the girls taking the calls, it was obvious they were getting smashed, but surely there were better methods - such as initially indicating it was first in best dressed via email or paperwork return, so that we didn't have a mad rush over this morning when some people were unavailable to contact the club.

Malibu, I agree, we put our seat change request in early Dec as well under the impression it would be a limited allotment and first in best dressed. Got told that on a certain date the membership team will ring us, then we'd login the virtual adelaide oval and select whatever reserved seats were available still and that each group would be rung individually. This was even still the message from the clubs press release a couple of weeks ago and then they simply go a free for all which blind freddy could see was going to end in the system crapping itself.

I still for the life of me can't see how with them only leaving 3 bays to be filled for reserved seat change request people and 2 of those the smaller 2nd level ones that they did not do the original thing and contact each group in order. There was no other way this was going to end then people shitted off.

Do we all have to use the AFL endorsed one at the moment? I don't think the ticketing system was the problem either (for once) in this case.

This has jogged my memory that members who are upgrading to a reserved seat get first priority and will get first chance to call in and grab a seat - my mate is a lapsed member. He is probably s**t out of luck, as he was looking for a spot in BD.
I think you and Forza are talking about different things actually, he's talking about the reserved seat process for Essential Power Members in the Western Stand, Essential Power is an unreserved membership but you can pay extra to reserve a seat in certain areas of the stand. The one you are talking about is the wait list for other membership types with reserved seating (BD, Platinum, Gold etc). That is a waitlist for membership in those categories. This sounded much less confusing in my head.

Bay 312 here also, row P. I rang right at 9am for about 30mins non stop and didn't get through. Finally was able to ask for a call back but didn't get one. Sent the pafc a tweet and got a call within 5 mins, all sorted.

(I had filled in the seat change form back in November)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SURELY, the best way would have been a first in best dressed scenario with maybe a higher category priority added in... then the membership department could call the member as per the list order rather than have every member on the wait list trying to call at 9am!!!

Sounds like a pretty simple fix to me!!!

My guestimate of how our numbers are made up given historical data and info I got last week when the total was around 53.5K. The AFL annual report will be out soon with the 2014 break downs so when that comes out I will have a better idea about kids and non access guestimate. Prior to AO we gave our 5K-6K kids members 11 game general admin access as we never filled Footy Park. I reckon now we probably have 3K kids with 11/3 game access and 4k with no access.

33.0 11 gamers
8.2 AOSMA footy members
====
41.2 all 11 games

3.3 3 gamers
2.0 Interstate
1.0 Vic
1.0 Country
===
7.3 limited access

1.0 Club only + International
1.1 Magpies only
4.0 Kids/juniors/babies only no game day access
0.2 Pet crows
====
6.3 no access

My guestimate of how our numbers are made up given historical data and info I got last week when the total was around 53.5K. The AFL annual report will be out soon with the 2014 break downs so when that comes out I will have a better idea about kids and non access guestimate. Prior to AO we gave our 5K-6K kids members 11 game general admin access as we never filled Footy Park. I reckon now we probably have 3K kids with 11/3 game access and 4k with no access.

33.0 11 gamers
8.2 AOSMA footy members
====
41.2 all 11 games

3.3 3 gamers
2.0 Interstate
1.0 Vic
1.0 Country
===
7.3 limited access

1.0 Club only + International
1.1 Magpies only
4.0 Kids/juniors/babies only no game day access
0.2 Pet crows
====
6.3 no access
The SMA ones that don't follow our club and often don't show up annoy the piss out of me!

The SMA ones that don't follow our club and often don't show up annoy the piss out of me!
Allows the club to encourage essential members to buy guest passes to the western stand for family and friends knowing about 4,000 of them wont turn up for big games.

Also we oversold essential memberships last year. Supposedly the SMA were going to stop that in 2015.

Allows the club to encourage essential members to buy guest passes to the western stand for family and friends knowing about 4,000 of them wont turn up for big games.

Also we oversold essential memberships last year. Supposedly the SMA were going to stop that in 2015.

Like they did for the last Strikers game?;)

Haven't received anything about my change request. Not actually surprised as mine was a request to change category, not seat so that I would have a GF guarantee. I'll have to put a new one in next year but at the moment I'm thinking I may not have much chance for about five years.

Haven't received anything about my change request. Not actually surprised as mine was a request to change category, not seat so that I would have a GF guarantee. I'll have to put a new one in next year but at the moment I'm thinking I may not have much chance for about five years.

Even if you have no luck for 2015, at the very least you would have moved up the queue.

Anybody in the silver category been able to change seats yet? I put a form in in December and haven't heard anything.

we counted them last year and got no $ from them - they shouldnt have been counted in any figures but the AFL couldnt handle that so the 35/65 split was invented and our numbers went down 5,278 and crows 2,928. 2015 sma memberships went up $100 both clubs get $50 both clubs count these members and as the sma membership had to be paid in December they were in both clubs total before Christmas.

According to rucci sma members nominate a club and $50 goes to just that club, and just that club claims them as a member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back