Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

According to rucci sma members nominate a club and $50 goes to just that club, and just that club claims them as a member.

So what happens if someone nominates Carlton or Hawthorn?

means our current member numbers may be incorrect?

No idea.
But no doubt there is several errors in Ruccis article there always is. Interestingly a day after claiming Adelaide weren't reporting a membership number (even though interstate papers had quoted a current number) he tonight is claiming 57100 - his way of covering his arse and pretending yesterday's article never happened.

Looks as though they're only doing the Western stand at the moment.

Im Club1870 and have requested to move seats and haven't heard anything yet - I believe I'll be next with the BD's after the Western Stand changes, then it'll go down the line.

I am in gold looking to up grade to platinum, have any gold members herd anything?
I wouldn't be 100% sure, but I think you may only be contacted if your request can be accommodated. I am seeking to upgrade to a GF guarantee and the club said they would call me, but I can't see why they would do that just to tell me they don't have anything for me.

Well they will have to choose their second club and according to Koch Port is everyone's second club haha

I know a few neutrals that have. One a dyed in the wool Collingwood/Norwood fan is now fully fledged port with his family - all because of our crowd knowledge/atmosphere/experience etc - said the crows crowds are 'crap'. He even did the drive over to last years prelim.
I went to their showdown and the environment was lifeless in comparison to some of our games. Big screens telling them when to cheer and all sorts of mundane out of touch bullshit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424806090.255547.jpg

Last edited:
According to rucci sma members nominate a club and $50 goes to just that club, and just that club claims them as a member.
But the membership went up $100, and I remember REH saying something about $100 from each Sma member being split between Port and Crows. So where does the other $50 go with this new method?

But the membership went up $100, and I remember REH saying something about $100 from each Sma member being split between Port and Crows. So where does the other $50 go with this new method?

Wasnt there going to be some sort of parking or bus levy? That's my only guess.

Nah, it's Motorola John shifting the goal posts again. There were definite statements from the SMA last year that the reason why their membership was going up by $100 was so that both Port and the Crows got $50 each and the memberships were dual counted. Perhaps this was part of the new Stadium Deal? No matter. As long as those who nominate Adelaide as their club don't mind standing when we sell their seat.

As Janus stated above, the SMA Membership went up by $100 with $50 going to each club. Not unusual for Rucci to be wrong :rolleyes:

If I can dig out the information about this I will post on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Janus stated above, the SMA Membership went up by $100 with $50 going to each club. Not unusual for Rucci to be wrong :rolleyes:

If I can dig out the information about this I will post on here

I guess there's a first time for everything. :p

By JO's accounting method that $100 works out to $50 to Port $50 to crows $50 to $anfl. ;)

I guess there's a first time for everything. :p

By JO's accounting method that $100 works out to $50 to Port $50 to crows $50 to $anfl. ;)

Of course JO would also then claim each club should contribute 25$ of their share back to the $ANFL to fund community football.

Of course JO would also then claim each club should contribute 25$ of their share back to the $ANFL to fund community football.

Then he would sell the Western Grandstand to cover administrative fees. :p

Luckily Lockhart Road knows some completely impartial investors who would take up that offer. :D

I know a few neutrals that have. One a dyed in the wool Collingwood/Norwood fan is now fully fledged port with his family - all because of our crowd knowledge/atmosphere/experience etc - said the crows crowds are 'crap'. He even did the drive over to last years prelim.
I went to their showdown and the environment was lifeless in comparison to some of our games. Big screens telling them when to cheer and all sorts of mundane out of touch bullshit.

View attachment 111843
I think a lot has to determine on who you are actually barracking for on the day. The second Showdown last year rates as one of the best game day experiences I have ever been to and that includes the Thursday night game against Collingwood last year and a few of the home wins against Geelong in previous years. I'll acknowledge that some of Ports game last year were amazing to be at and then there were some that wasn't. I also know a number of non Crows people who went to a number of games last year, really enjoyed the experience and have now signed up to be on the waiting list for Gold Membership.

The Crows took a long time in getting a foot/ settled into Adelaide Oval, and I personally think that Trigg and Smart had a lot to do with that last year and both are no longer employed in the same position/ not at the club any more. I would expect to see a much better match day experience, lets be honest they have a lot of ground to make up, and winning helps that immensely!

This is the first time I've posted on here in a long time, be nice!

I think a lot has to determine on who you are actually barracking for on the day. The second Showdown last year rates as one of the best game day experiences I have ever been to and that includes the Thursday night game against Collingwood last year and a few of the home wins against Geelong in previous years. I'll acknowledge that some of Ports game last year were amazing to be at and then there were some that wasn't. I also know a number of non Crows people who went to a number of games last year, really enjoyed the experience and have now signed up to be on the waiting list for Gold Membership.

The Crows took a long time in getting a foot/ settled into Adelaide Oval, and I personally think that Trigg and Smart had a lot to do with that last year and both are no longer employed in the same position/ not at the club any more. I would expect to see a much better match day experience, lets be honest they have a lot of ground to make up, and winning helps that immensely!

This is the first time I've posted on here in a long time, be nice!
I'm surprised Adelaide didn't get the media reception Port did with their game day entertainment given the quality that's left people banging down the doors for seats.

The second Showdown last year rates as one of the best game day experiences I have ever been to and that includes the Thursday night game against Collingwood last year and a few of the home wins against Geelong in previous years.

What was the gameday experience on that day though .. apart from Nigel smart leading a possie around the oval holding a 19th man upside-down I remember there being pretty much nothing.
As was acknowledged above, the media both here and more importantly interstate have acknowledge the level of our gameday experience, the AFL even asked clubs to take a look at what Port was doing - even your board (if you trawl through threads) has bemoaned the out of date type entertainment your club had. I believe towards the end of the year that may have improved, and I'm expecting a step up next year, as disco phil takes the reins.

My reference to the showdown in question was the flatness and sterileness of the crowd for the majority of the game.

Sorry, I was at the second Showdown, and the artificial crowd noise pumped through the speakers was noticeable. Anyone signing up for a Crows membership already had an interest in them, because the difference in atmosphere is like chalk and cheese.

What was the gameday experience on that day though .. apart from Nigel smart leading a possie around the oval holding a 19th man upside-down I remember there being pretty much nothing.
As was acknowledged above, the media both here and more importantly interstate have acknowledge the level of our gameday experience, the AFL even asked clubs to take a look at what Port was doing - even your board (if you trawl through threads) has bemoaned the out of date type entertainment your club had. I believe towards the end of the year that may have improved, and I'm expecting a step up next year, as disco phil takes the reins.

My reference to the showdown in question was the flatness and sterileness of the crowd for the majority of the game.

I went to the second Showdown and it definitely had a different feel to our games. From memory they had the Potbellez playing, so it was kind of being like stuck in a big pub surrounded by weirdos dressed in red, yellow and blue.

Sorry, I was at the second Showdown, and the artificial crowd noise pumped through the speakers was noticeable. Anyone signing up for a Crows membership already had an interest in them, because the difference in atmosphere is like chalk and cheese.

Yeah, that too. Was weird. The massive build up in fake crowd noise before the ball was bounced and that ******* squwark. Terrible.

actually the other thing I remember now was that god awful squaking sound they played to simulate crows on heat.

I went to the second Showdown and it definitely had a different feel to our games. From memory they had the Potbellez playing, so it was kind of being like stuck in a big pub surrounded by weirdos dressed in red, yellow and blue.

Yeah, I was there too. Most people were very subdued until the last 2 minutes when the game was over then got really gobby.
Laughed real hard at the seagull noise from the speakers and the fake cheering ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back