Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a fan for making unnecessary work for mods, but sometimes you just have to call out people on their bullshit. What flaming is Geoffa gonna do? Talk about how they sacked their coach? How they failed to make finals again? How their entire organization seems to be aping ours (and badly)? Try to relate our period between 2007-2012 to their 2013-2014? Insinuate that in 2 years our entire list (apart from Schulz and Cornes who will probably retire by then) will have magically disappeared into the ether and therefore we will be s**t again? The guy was bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Those people deserved to be ridiculed, IMO.

C'mon Janus get serious. That post by Geoffa was made in 2008 in a thread on Bay 13. If you want to carry that burning flame inside you for that long looking for the opportunity to get even then fine. But do it in that thread. Don't bring that s**t to our doorstep. Do you suggest our posters scour the last 10 years of threads across BigFooty and find slights real and imagined and bring them here for a fight? Seems a sad way to live your life to me.

The mods try to create an environment where Port supporters can talk among themselves without trolling and look forward to constructive input from other supporters, which we on the whole get. To be proud of our past and confident of our future.

Geoffa and his ilk almost never post here any more thanks to some strict moderation and thankfully so. It's not just the flaming it's the subtle twists and misrepresentations that create a flap among supporters and turn threads into something they were never intended to be. Celebrate our achievements, don't try and start arguments here with a nyah nyah look at us now jibe. Life's too short for that crap and it's certainly too short for mods to clean up the mess.

And before we cast stones, there would be more than a few posters here who could look back with some degree of trepidation over their posting through the dark period.

C'mon Janus get serious. That post by Geoffa was made in 2008 in a thread on Bay 13. If you want to carry that burning flame inside you for that long looking for the opportunity to get even then fine. But do it in that thread. Don't bring that s**t to our doorstep. Do you suggest our posters scour the last 10 years of threads across BigFooty and find slights real and imagined and bring them here for a fight? Seems a sad way to live your life to me.

The mods try to create an environment where Port supporters can talk among themselves without trolling and look forward to constructive input from other supporters, which we on the whole get. To be proud of our past and confident of our future.

Geoffa and his ilk almost never post here any more thanks to some strict moderation and thankfully so. It's not just the flaming it's the subtle twists and misrepresentations that create a flap among supporters and turn threads into something they were never intended to be. Celebrate our achievements, don't try and start arguments here with a nyah nyah look at us now jibe. Life's too short for that crap and it's certainly too short for mods to clean up the mess.

And before we cast stones, there would be more than a few posters here who could look back with some degree of trepidation over their posting through the dark period.

I don't have any burning flame inside me. I'm like you, I don't really care what some troglodyte thinks, which is why I don't go to Bay 13. But tribey did have a salient point about how various opposition supporters viewed our club - there was no 'save Port Adelaide' feel about it, but a wanton desire for destroying us. So I don't think a bit of retrospective joviality at those people's expenses should be criticized, because they deserve it. If those people had any class, they'd put their hand up and say 'Yep, you proved me wrong' and walk away.

That being said, I concede your point.

I'm all for taking the fight to the barbarians at the gate, just not to bring them here. Call them out on the shared boards where everyone can see how wrong they were. And always remember the wheel continues to turn in AFL and one day you might be the one at the bottom looking up again. Victory is fleeting.

I just want this to be a board where Port supporters want to come and talk about our club. Like I do. Sometimes that means the mods are less than popular when we make some decisions. We like it. :p

Anyway enough about moderating, back to membership. :thumbsu:

I'm sorry Ford :(

I was reading old threads while chained to a table and the repeated nonsense moved me, especially considering our current resurgence came off the back of the exact opposite of literally everything the masses were saying.

Here's to 60000 members in 2015.

Well I'm not getting my daily dose of schadenfreude now it's preseason, there are no weekly Crows/North/Richmond embarassments and every teams' supporters are high on hope so these necro-bumps are welcome relief.

untrue. there were a few games last year it occured. the hawks game, and the friday night blues game. but your right it didnt happen too often. but this year we will have more members, so chances of it happenng again will increase.

i think there is a place for this type of membership to top up numbers, but you cant lock people out if you are selling a ticket with entry to 11 games. maybe there needs to be some kind of auto notification to members when the sales tip over a certain number. this is telling them to either reserve a seat now, or your risking missing out. at least people at risk arent flying blind. in todays modern age, surely even there could be an app which lets you know the number of GA admisssions remaining. if your not there yet, and there are only 500 left, you know you gotta get your butt to the ground.

Any idea how much the top up cost would be? As generally I'd be getting to the game early but for say Anzac day and the Friday nights I'd be more than happy to fork out a little extra just to be sure to be sure.

Last year we found the earliest buses would get us in with plenty of time to spare so I can't see it being a high risk every week.

And as it was pretty obvious when we bought the tickets this was the case (ie not guaranteed) can't complain about it. Dirt cheap really.

If I rang the club and requested another membership sticker do you think I would get one? My beer fridge has a sticker but my toolbox needs one.

I actually feel sorry for white collar workers who will never know the glory of sticking stickers on your toolbox at work.

inb4buyanothermembership

If I rang the club and requested another membership sticker do you think I would get one? ....
My problem too in a way. We have two cars but Mrs Powerstufff is not a Maggies member so two Power stickers but only one Maggies sticker. Have thought of ringing the Membership people to ask for another Maggies sticker, would even pay for one.

I'm all for taking the fight to the barbarians at the gate, just not to bring them here.

Certain people, because of their stated opinions, should be banned before they even try to enter our domain.

I do not post on their board, **** them off from here.

My problem too in a way. We have two cars but Mrs Powerstufff is not a Maggies member so two Power stickers but only one Maggies sticker. Have thought of ringing the Membership people to ask for another Maggies sticker, would even pay for one.

Yeah I also would be happy to pay for one.

You can have mine when it comes, I don't have a car. I tried sticking it on my shopping trolley but it just falls off. I also live near Alberton so I can PM you when I get it and we can meet at the Port club.

You can have mine when it comes, I don't have a car. I tried sticking it on my shopping trolley but it just falls off. I also live near Alberton so I can PM you when I get it and we can meet at the Port club.
Cool, thanks. Will look forward to it.
BTW people we actually have a spare Power sticker, comes because we buy our granddaughter a membership. If anyone needs it let me know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for my member's pack, been in the mail a month... I know I'm in Canada, but come on... it's not that far!

Canada? Oh bugger, it's been sent to Canadia. :p

Can I have it please?
Sure, use the Conversation tool to give me a mailing address. I'd invite you to join mic59 and myself down at the club but you'd have to travel on the Gawler line and it seems you don't do that without good reason.

Sure, use the Conversation tool to give me a mailing address. I'd invite you to join mic59 and myself down at the club but you'd have to travel on the Gawler line and it seems you don't do that without good reason.

I am one of the rarest of beasts. I live in Elizabeth and have a job and a valid drivers licence.

No Gawler line for me. (unless I'm going to the footy)

i have 2 membership stickers (power) that if anyone wants they can have, Im in a job where I try and keep the support on the down low as it can be the difference between me getting the business and not getting the business - pm me if wanted and ill post them

What would you say is the average IQ on a Gawler train? :)

2015members25012015.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back