2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Remove this Banner Ad

I've purchased about 20 of the $50 away memberships for the people in my building (Live in Sydney, so theres no point me buying a massive membership package for myself and only bing able to go to 3 games), but i've still only managed to get 3 of them to actually identify as Bulldogs supporters. Ill keep working on it though.

The Mrs and I are trying to decide on our tickets. What's the best spot to sit in your opinion guys? We don't mind being down in the pocket on the fence but can miss a bit of action on the other side of the ground I suppose.

Silver platinum good value for money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it may be more than that as the saints had 25000 around Christmas time
For what it's worth, the Saints had a really big push to get '25 by 25' (as in the 25th of December).

I don't see why we wouldn't do the same, but that probably explains the discrepancy at this stage. They'll trail off, we'll sign people up more gradually, and probably end up with about the same amount.

For what it's worth, the Saints had a really big push to get '25 by 25' (as in the 25th of December).

I don't see why we wouldn't do the same, but that probably explains the discrepancy at this stage. They'll trail off, we'll sign people up more gradually, and probably end up with about the same amount.
I hope so we are a better side than the saints at the moment and at this stage our future looks better , Hope we get to at least 35000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so we are a better side than the saints at the moment and at this stage our future looks better , Hope we get to at least 35000
Should be the target, need to win a game or two early and having Boyd with a 4 goal game or better early certainly won't hurt!

Should be the target, need to win a game or two early and having Boyd with a 4 goal game or better early certainly won't hurt!
Would be good but I'm not sure he is up to that yet , I think we have more chance of stringer kicking 8 or Bonts kicking 6 goals that all qualify for goal of the year these 2 blokes should be absolute stars

A month on and we are still trailing the field. Our growth is also slower than our Victorian rivals (i.e. they are getting further ahead of us in membership numbers). We have a bit of work to do.
upload_2015-1-24_11-33-14.png
Notes:
  • Brisbane figures are highly dubious - no new members published since 18 December.
  • Can't find any recent numbers for Sydney (last was 20,092 on 12 Dec).
  • Adelaide don't bother posting membership numbers - they have a wait list!
  • Can't find Freo numbers.

Why is it that there is a general acceptance at our club that we have to win early games to get a membership boost? Does this mean that our supporters are so fickle that they will or won't commit to buying a membership unless they see evidence of future success? How are we 5 - 6000 behind other under-performers like Melbourne and StKilda? Do they have more likelihood of success in 2015 than us?
On current trends we would have to be in premiership contention to reach the 35000 figure.

Here it is again. We tend to be behind all the Melbourne clubs, I was very surprised to hear that we beat St Kilda last year. But if that is anything to go by, we build more slowly but consistently than they do. They are of course far ahead of us. We are ahead of were we have been traditionally at this time in the season. I think whilst we can't hope for excellent numbers this year, as soon as we start winning and we can all feel some hope, we will balloon. I would be surprised in any season where we are expecting to make finals to be below 38-40 thousand.
lifNaTs.png

So these are non-paying 'paper members' that are included in our overall numbers?
I believe so
Kinda like how some clubs have pet memberships that count towards there overall memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back