2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon now, you know you have to let her choose for herself.

Who am I kiddin :D
My wife is actually a suns supporter, and a couple of people we know recently bought our unborn daughter GC Suns gear... pretty sure it was to wind me up though. My reponse was "nope, not happening".

I will have to organise her a dogs membership to seal the deal:cool:

My wife is actually a suns supporter, and a couple of people we know recently bought our unborn daughter GC Suns gear... pretty sure it was to wind me up though. My reponse was "nope, not happening".

I will have to organise her a dogs membership to seal the deal:cool:
You'll have to decide her name pre-birth for the membership form to be filled out, closes next week. ;)

It is with great joy that I just renewed my Bulldogs membership for 2015 - my 38th year.

I also renewed the Pet Membership for my cat, Lily, - her 3rd year.

However, it is with a bit of sadness that I signed up my 89 year old mother for 2015 membership. This will most likely be her last. She is currently in hospital and is scheduled to come home on Tuesday where I will now have the aid of Hospice Care until she passes to rejoin my father in eternal life. She had been a member a few years back, but I did not renew her membership. I do believe that at the age of 89 years, 8 months that she might be the oldest overseas Bulldogs member. She'll like that.

It is with great joy that I just renewed my Bulldogs membership for 2015 - my 38th year.

However, it is with a bit of sadness that I signed up my 89 year old mother for 2015 membership. This will most likely be her last. She is currently in hospital and is scheduled to come home on Tuesday where I will now have the aid of Hospice Care until she passes to rejoin my father in eternal life. She had been a member a few years back, but I did not renew her membership. I do believe that at the age of 89 years, 8 months that she might be the oldest overseas Bulldogs member. She'll like that.
A tremendous effort C1, albeit tinged with sadness. All the best with your remaining time with your "mom", and thank her for her many years of service to the Bulldogs faithful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just bought a membership for a good mate in Cairns. Doesn't have a lot of idea about the game but it should get him to the game against GC in Cairns in a fortnight.

If not, meh.

LOL.

I'd put money on your mother being the oldest member and her son being among the most loyal...ever.

Extremely impressive effort Chicago1. And all the very best to you and your mom.

33,944 Getting closer win this week and we will make 35k
Hopefully from Carlton supporters. The last few wins have blown the phones apart picking up a massive 200!

Yeah, I feel almost all people who would want or unsure about a membership has one by now with our current performances to date.

It's more about finding new members.

Just a note to thank people for the many likes I received for my post and for the good wishes mentioned. Mum(Member 2653108) came home from hospital on Wednesday, but it was deemed that she did not fit the criteria for home hospice care, but we are getting home help with a nurse and physical therapist coming over twice a week for the next month or so. She'll be reevaluated then. Unfortunately mum had a relapse Saturday afternoon and was taken to hospital. She stayed overnight and some of her medications were adjusted and she came home this afternoon. She's a tough old bird.

I had completely forgotten about another link she has with the footy which occurred 32 years ago. While she and my late father were visiting me for Christmas 1982 we were invited to have dinner at the home of one of my students. The entire family were Richmond supporters, but I accepted the invitation any way. When we arrived we were told we had just missed meeting David Glasscott who was going out with the sister of their son who I taught. A couple of weeks later while at Tullamarine as my parents were leaving, I noticed the Carlton team and their coach David Parkin(reigning '82 Premiers) were going to be on the same flight as them and pointed them out to my parents.

After my parents arrived home in Chicago I received a telephone call from my mom telling me that she couldn't remember David Glasscott's last name but asked a Carlton player on the flight who "David" was. The player introduced mom to David and she took out a small notebook and asked if she could have his autograph to send to me. Not only did she get his autograph, but he got the autographs of all of the players and David Parkin for her. She spoke to a few of them and said they were very polite young men. Little did she know...:p

I am very proud that she was not converted by them to the Carlton cult. Deo gratias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back