2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get all the defensive posts about memberships that are not 11 games plus. Sure if 1 game memberships come out then maybe they should not be on the official tally. But these lesser membership are a small part about revenue and more importantly about getting contact details from people that you otherwise would not have had. I don't care what club it is this is smart operations.
Do you think the flybuy card is all about the loyalty programs. It is not its about getting customer detils and then using those details to work how to sell more and higher value things. No difference.
It is smart business operations and gives you a broader base of people to call on to upgrade to supplement the members you lose each year through natural attrition.
People get so caught up in the membership ladder that they become tunnel visioned to the broader goal these lesser memberships are looking to achieve.

Peace out......

I don't get all the defensive posts about memberships that are not 11 games plus. Sure if 1 game memberships come out then maybe they should not be on the official tally. But these lesser membership are a small part about revenue and more importantly about getting contact details from people that you otherwise would not have had. I don't care what club it is this is smart operations.
Do you think the flybuy card is all about the loyalty programs. It is not its about getting customer detils and then using those details to work how to sell more and higher value things. No difference.
It is smart business operations and gives you a broader base of people to call on to upgrade to supplement the members you lose each year through natural attrition.
People get so caught up in the membership ladder that they become tunnel visioned to the broader goal these lesser memberships are looking to achieve.

Peace out......

I agree, I just don't think 1 game memberships should be counted towards the tally is all.

My wife read somewhere that 7000 of our members are first time members. If that's true there is still scope for even more..

Dimma addresses the Tiger Army at Family Day '15. 63,000 members strong so far, 7000 of those are first timers! ✔️ #strongandbold#gotiges

This is massive. Might sign the rest of the family up even if they don't give two shits about footy.

Sent from my Tee-pee using smoke signals.

Yes it is but the two options are either no game access or 3 game access

P.s now that I have visited the collingwood web site I have had to through that tainted electronic tablet device in the bin. Felt dirty just touching it. Also had to take a scrubbing brush to my eyeballs. IQ level dropped 10 points while I was on the site and I had an overwhelming desire to tattoo my whole body
And you havnt removed any teeth ?????

I agree, I just don't think 1 game memberships should be counted towards the tally is all.

They arent. well the pies did add them last year to their tally, they sold over 1500 by memory but the AFL did not accept the one game membership tactic to bolster their tally and subsequently deducted the amount from the PIES total at years end when the final figures came out....

Nothing new for the pies trying sneaky tactics to bump their numbers up, they tried a different approach in 2013 which got them fined from the ACCC, in the same article it states that Fairfax Media understands that in the lead up to the membership offer, Collingwood was also ringing its data base offering a two game deal for $50. The club denies this saying such an offer does not exist....

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/coll...-membership-20130820-2s8dy.html#ixzz3T9LY4Axg

They arent. well the pies did add them last year to their tally, they sold over 1500 by memory but the AFL did not accept the one game membership tactic to bolster their tally and subsequently deducted the amount from the PIES total at years end when the final figures came out....

Nothing new for the pies trying sneaky tactics to bump their numbers up, they tried a different approach in 2013 which got them fined from the ACCC, in the same article it states that Fairfax Media understands that in the lead up to the membership offer, Collingwood was also ringing its data base offering a two game deal for $50. The club denies this saying such an offer does not exist....

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/coll...-membership-20130820-2s8dy.html#ixzz3T9LY4Axg
Scum.

Given how hard we push reduced game memberships, we can't bitch about other clubs doing the same

It's a great way of getting people to financially commit to a club who don't have the time of financial resources to commit to a H11 membership

Given how hard we push reduced game memberships, we can't bitch about other clubs doing the same

It's a great way of getting people to financially commit to a club who don't have the time of financial resources to commit to a H11 membership

I agree with you. Fact is the Big G tenants ( us and the Pies and for the time being the Hawks) have the possibility to play a bit fast and loose with offers and deals to pump up numbers.....we were late jumpers on that wagon here and now that we are on it our previously latent size is evident. however we are all at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there a big crowd at family day?

You can get a sense of how big the turn out was in this instagram post. Also good to see Rance lead everyone for the song. He's got real pride in his love for the club.

7000 new members is huge!! that means there are still 7000 of last years members to potentially renew. Does anyone know what our retention rates are?

If those 7000 are NEW (i.e. never been members before) there is still a good group of 2013, 2012 etc members who didn't renew out there as well.

Looking good Tigers!

I agree 100% and have nothing against 3 or 5 game memberships (but 1 game membership i do thats just taking the piss), must say the majority of people who complain bout 3 or 5 gamers tend to be West Coke fans on the main board well most of the bigger interstate clubs bitch and moan but they dont have the luxury we have of a 100,000 seat stadium which supporters can simply just roll up, bet my bottom dollar if our home ground was punt road with a 30K capacity demand would far outweigh supply so just like pattersons stadium you can dictate the level of required membership ie: 11 or 16 games and that would mostly be on a reserve seat requirement which would bolster membership revenue....

I have relo's in the country they only make it to 3 or 4 games a year as it takes em over 3 hrs to get here....
Who can deny their commitment or not acknowledge them as a bona fide member when they travel 3, 4 or 5 times a year driving their car or taking a bus/train for 3-4 hrs 'each way'....

Pies are 2k ahead after their update. Let's see if we catch them over next couple of weeks

Last Tues the Pies were on 64,778, in 5 days since their total has only increased by 455 to today's total of 65,233

The Hawks hadn't updated their 62,027 total since Thurs, 3 days on their total has increased by 307 to today's total of 62,334

Last Tues the Pies were on 64,778, in 5 days since their total has only increased by 455 to today's total of 65,233

The Hawks hadn't updated their 62,027 total since Thurs, 3 days on their total has increased by 307 to today's total of 62,334

Smashing those hawks now. 900 ahead. We should be able to catch the pies even if our sales rate is halved after the price rise.

They're adding them to their tally again, afl will remove at end of year

Stolen from wookie, tanks wookie

2015members01032015.png

2015febmembergrowth.png

They're adding them to their tally again, afl will remove at end of year

You sure? Afl is desperate to get that 1,000,000 club members figure

Prices on a 3 game home membership (GA) went up by $5 to $90 (ave cost per game $30), more so bout contributing to the club you love and best of all, all your money goes directly to the club :thumbsu: plus the convenience of being able to attend a few games of ur choice by simply swiping ur card at the turnstiles instead of lining up in long queue's waiting to buy a ticket....

Prices on a 11 game home membership (GA) went up by $14 from $185 to $199 (ave cost per game $18.09) great value

Prices on a 16 game home & away membership (GA) went up by $10 from $295 to $305 (ave cost per game $19.06) great value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back