2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

I don't believe for a second Carltoon signed up 5k new members in 5 weeks. The real number is around 2k imo so they've fudged the s**t out of it.

Lol @ them jizzing themselves over 42k members and one poster even said that if they go 5-0 they'll overtake us and Collingwood :D

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
I don't believe for a second Carltoon signed up 5k new members in 5 weeks. The real number is around 2k imo so they've fudged the s**t out of it.

Lol @ them jizzing themselves over 42k members and one poster even said that if they go 5-0 they'll overtake us and Collingwood :D
Insert laughing gif here:

They were steady on around 70-90 a day, then it rocketed up to 300+ a day

Final Siren

Mr Squiggle
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I feel a bit dirty quoting footyindustry.com since I discovered its pro-Carlton agenda... although I now understand why its tables are sorted by bizarre metrics that make Carlton look good, or else alphabetically. Nevertheless, here's the updated graph!

KLY3XNc.png

Final Siren

Mr Squiggle
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I would have thought net revenue would be the most important. clubs sell memberships to make money.
Yes, you would think so. But if you are intent on making Richmond look bad, you need to find a different metric, because Richmond's net figure is very good.

Gross revenue, on the other hand, allows a club like... I dunno, let me pick one at random... let's say Carlton. Carlton pay out referral fees for recruiting other members. How much? No need to answer, if we only look at gross revenue! Just count the full amount of the new membership, ignoring the fact they had to pay for it.

TigerAndy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2014
high on a hill looking over the bridge to the mcg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
melbourne storm, charlotte hornets
They were steady on around 70-90 a day, then it rocketed up to 300+ a day
Why is so hard to believe when other clubs do it. We were signing up 500+ per day before the price increase deadline (because there was a deadline)and then all of a suddeb n we drop to 90 a day. Were we fudging numbers for all of Feb?????

I

Why is so hard to believe when other clubs do it. We were signing up 500+ per day before the price increase deadline (because there was a deadline)and then all of a suddeb n we drop to 90 a day. Were we fudging numbers for all of Feb?????

I

Our numbers were consistenky up for the weeks leading to the price rise, and then as predicted they fall significantly

Cfc's numbers were flat for most of their promotion, and then like a switch they massively escalated by 400%

Even on the Carlton board they are saying the powerbrokers were buying up

Fwiw I've defended the Hawks numbers and other clubs in the past. These numbers are as dodgy as hell through imo

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I feel a bit dirty quoting footyindustry.com since I discovered its pro-Carlton agenda... although I now understand why its tables are sorted by bizarre metrics that make Carlton look good, or else alphabetically. Nevertheless, here's the updated graph!

KLY3XNc.png
Jesus, neck and neck with the hawks after they got back to back flags, imagine the figures if we had just got back to back flags then. Please footy gods let us do a brisbane and get 3 in a row, i want to see what 100,000+ members looks like :)

Jesus, neck and neck with the hawks after they got back to back flags, imagine the figures if we had just got back to back flags then. Please footy gods let us do a brisbane and get 3 in a row, i want to see what 100,000+ members looks like :)
You're not allowed to post this (hawks posters said so)

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
You're not allowed to post this (hawks posters said so)
They should stay on their own board, I have noticed a lot of em posting here lately though. Damn their poxy club for confusing them by making their colors look so much like ours they end up coming here :)

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba

I doubt a premiership team has ever seen another club overtake them in memberships before, but it's about to happen.

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm very impressed with Richmond's membership numbers but I'm unimpressed with you bigfooty tiger supporters. Apart from a couple, the rest of you guys are hypocrites. You guys don't give any acknowledgement to other clubs membership achievements but instead criticise and undermine them, with comments such as, Eddie must of did this or that, or the Pratts, or Hawthorn are overachieving with b2b, what if the tigers won a flag, or 1 game memberships, pet membership, North sponsorship deal etc... It seems other clubs all fudge their numbers but when Richmond do it then it is okay. Me thinks alot of short people around here.

Matty you're probably long gone now but just in case you tap in again this Saturday night while you're spooning your little Jack Russel, feel good that you can whisper into it's ear "doesn't it feel good to be a Hawthorn member"

zimma

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Is there any pictures circulating of the members scarf / cap yet? Tried to find some to decide but can't seem to dig them up... Can't make a game until round 4 (or potentially round 12) so was probably going to just get my old man to pick mine up when he gets his (from memory you can do this still...)

Any data on the amount of sign ups we had in the week leading up to the season last year

1077 to beat the record......countdown on

I wouldn't worry too much about that comparison, the price promotion would have dragged forward any with a pre-rd1 purchase intention, so the numbers will be flat in comparison.

Given around numbers have been around 80-150 a day for the most part since March started, you'd think we will probably struggle to beat it by round one (I'd be expecting it to be beaten very shortly after though)

I doubt a premiership team has ever seen another club overtake them in memberships before, but it's about to happen.
No flag for over 30 years against back to back premiers.
A monumental effort by our club and it's supporters.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Most important thing is beating carlton next week or we'll see the complete halt on membership sales we see year after year once the season starts

No we need to win but we can't have the usual allow Carlton to come back. If that happens people yet to sign up will assume things have not yet turned a corner at tigerland... and TBH i'm not sure i'd disagree with them.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Win all our games up to bye would be nice (maybe a tad optimistic). Should have 75K by then
Carl W
WB W
Bris W
Melb W
Geel W
North W
Coll W
Port W
Ess W
Freo W

Back