2015 Membership Thread (official unaudited figures in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Membership numbers have been updated to 62,034.

Just updated on the AFC Twitter account.

A good jump of 1,700 new members in the last fortnight.

Last edited:

The AFL is right on target for a million members in 2018.
Almost 800K and more than 5% up on this time kast year - should end up with around 875k - 880k in total.
Three more years at 4% plus a 10k - 20k jump in WA in with the new stadium in 2018 should see that target achieved.

It will be interesting to see if the Tigers and Hawks also get over 70K this season.
Hawks will easily, within the fortnight is my guess

For us it will be close, we need to string a lot more wins together to have a chance. If you compare it to this time last year we added just under 3k from this point forward, but then some of the damage of our poor start was already done. If we get those 3k again then we'll make it, I just don't know how many of those 3k we'd be trying to get to sign up are already members.

Honestly it's just fantastic to see so many clubs setting new records, great for the game

Freo has cracked 50k for the first time ever, the West Australian cites a figure of 50,111 in today's edition.

The same article puts West Coast's tally at 57,400.

Good to see Freo catching up to WC at last.I cant wait to see how the new Perth stadium goes hopefully the same as Adelaide Oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Freo catching up to WC at last.I cant wait to see how the new Perth stadium goes hopefully the same as Adelaide Oval.

Not sure about Freo, but WCE will not be able to offer all it's members a seat at the new stadium, it has around 10k on a waiting list, the Government wants i believe 10k set aside for the public and tourists etc.

It will certainly push attendance levels up but ultimately not a lot will change, ATM Fremantle has a waiting list of around 4,000.

2015members27042015.png

Not sure about Freo, but WCE will not be able to offer all it's members a seat at the new stadium, it has around 10k on a waiting list, the Government wants i believe 10k set aside for the public and tourists etc.

It will certainly push attendance levels up but ultimately not a lot will change, ATM Fremantle has a waiting list of around 4,000.
Don't they have around 40K seats now @ Pattersons? Add 10K or 4K and they will fit into Burswood perfectly.

Don't they have around 40K seats now @ Pattersons? Add 10K or 4K and they will fit into Burswood perfectly.

Each member on the waiting list is entitled to 4 memberships ( family) there are around 10k on the members list, in reality that means 40k are waiting, no one or hardly anyone joins and buys one seat, everyone wants at least 2 seats and most 4 seats, everyone wants to sit with family and friends.

ATM if your number comes up you are not guaranteed even getting seats together.

Of course thousands have not even bothered to put their name on the waiting list, trying to circumvent the system in other ways, most just don't bother either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back