2015 Membership Thread (official unaudited figures in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought the Buddy effect would have kicked in more last year, but good on Sydney.

The challenge will be to see how many members stick around in the tough times.

it did, two consecutive years of record growth, don't underestimate the value of committing to the SCG. It means people who aren't Sydney supporters who follow big clubs will have to buy a Swans membership if they want access to games.

it did, two consecutive years of record growth, don't underestimate the value of committing to the SCG. It means people who aren't Sydney supporters who follow big clubs will have to buy a Swans membership if they want access to games.

I think the level of interest was demonstrated last year when they smashed all expectations for their clash with port at the scg!
Was a great spectacle looking at a just about full scg that had real atmosphere compared to that other shitbox.

Your right though, Sydney's real challenge is when they go into a rebuilding stage, although that will be a good thing if it is coinciding with a good run by gws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah / Nah. AFL rules say you have to leave 3,000 seats for general public to buy. If they only want to come to 2 or 3 games its still is cheaper to buy the limited seats when they are released - usually the cheap ones go real quick - than buying a full membership. But some will say cant be stuffed fighting the hordes on Ticketek and buy a cheap membership.

Yeah / Nah. AFL rules say you have to leave 3,000 seats for general public to buy. If they only want to come to 2 or 3 games its still is cheaper to buy the limited seats when they are released - usually the cheap ones go real quick - than buying a full membership. But some will say cant be stuffed fighting the hordes on Ticketek and buy a cheap membership.

it cost $32.50 for GA at the SCG for a normal game, big games your looking at $40ish these are without Ticketeks bullshit processing fee's.
there isn't even 3,000 GA seats at swans on offer at swans SCG matches. Silver, forget it there's two bays.
you want one game fair enough. you want 2-3 games that are big games. your likely to end up paying for gold or platinum. there $53, and $78 at a normal game.

it cost $32.50 for GA at the SCG for a normal game, big games your looking at $40ish these are without Ticketeks bullshit processing fee's.
there isn't even 3,000 GA seats at swans on offer at swans SCG matches. Silver, forget it there's two bays.
you want one game fair enough. you want 2-3 games that are big games. your likely to end up paying for gold or platinum. there $53, and $78 at a normal game.
I didnt say 3,000 GA seats, I said 3,000 seats for general public to buy ie there are seats where people are paying $600-$700 annual membership fees that ones next to them are available to be bought by the public. The AFL rule is that you have to leave 3,000 seats to sell to the public for all the big grounds ie those over 25,000 capacity.

I didnt say 3,000 GA seats, I said 3,000 seats for general public to buy ie there are seats where people are paying $600-$700 annual membership fees that ones next to them are available to be bought by the public. The AFL rule is that you have to leave 3,000 seats to sell to the public for all the big grounds ie those over 25,000 capacity.

and i'm simply correcting your assertion that its cheaper to buy tickets at the SCG for 2-3 games then it is to get a cheap 3 game redzone membership.
the only way it could be cheaper is if your lucky enough to scrounge up a GA ticket.

and i'm simply correcting your assertion that its cheaper to buy tickets at the SCG for 2-3 games then it is to get a cheap 3 game redzone membership.
the only way it could be cheaper is if your lucky enough to scrounge up a GA ticket.
Ok I forgot about the Redzone membership and was thinking of an 11 gamer rather than 3 gamer membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2015members19052015.png

Surprising that Carlton are only 243 down on this time last year but I dare say they wont sell too many more the way their season is shaping GWS might also struggle to get to last years total.Might be a good idea to sell a discount membership for the remaining matches.

Surprising that Carlton are only 243 down on this time last year but I dare say they wont sell too many more the way their season is shaping GWS might also struggle to get to last years total.Might be a good idea to sell a discount membership for the remaining matches.

Would it discourage full price buying next year?

According to club website 6,800 unsigned from last year's 40,027 total and we're on 39,265. How high can we get? A big push in Hobart before the West Coast game could give us another little boost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back