2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

17 Saints supporters in my family ALL signed up this week to the digital membership, more than half of those are already coterie members, with the rest full members, so great marketing by the club :)

That would be an interesting thread with posts on here of total family numbers and some general facts on the geographic spread of them and the length of time of their support for the club. Fits in well with the clubs engagement and being the family club too.

Last edited:
That would be an interesting thread with posts on here of total family numbers and some general facts on the spread of them and the length of time of their support for the club. Fits in well with the clubs engagement and being the family club too.

Oh s-h!t, don't tell a Hawthorn supporter that some one else could be the family club that might send dermatitis into a head spin!

Do you have a source for this claim? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I'd just like to confirm it because, like Nutsngum , I was fairly sure digital memberships didn't count.
Can't find it at the moment, but was in an email. I'll have a look when I get home. It's just the same as Collingwood counting 3 game and pet memberships to their total. It doesn't matter what type it is, a membership is a membership.

Can't find it at the moment, but was in an email. I'll have a look when I get home. It's just the same as Collingwood counting 3 game and pet memberships to their total. It doesn't matter what type it is, a membership is a membership.
No one is counting pet memberships.

No one is counting pet memberships.

If you say so.

If the Saints bring in the new membership category of "Saints from the Grave" where we can purchase a membership for a departed loved one, that would also have to be a great initiative from the club. Sign them up, secure extra cash from the club and bringing in new members, who are not complaining about our lack of development, skills level, draw etc, with all monies going straight to the club.

I will grant that merchandise sales will be lower for this new member group, but surely this is made up for, with the the lack of demands that they make on all other club services.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes sense if someone pays the $$$ and joins their pet up, they become a member and are counted. Their money and support is as good as anyone else's. I do like the intention then as mentioned above of starting completely new membership categories.
  • Saints from the Grave (memberships for deceased friends and family members)
  • Fallen Saints (memberships for those fallen saints who are enjoying the hospitality of the penal system)
  • Saints in Space (memberships for those who have institutionalised with mental health problems)
  • Saintly Saints (memberships for religious leaders of every faith and denomination)
  • Black, Red & White Ferns (memberships for New Zealanders)
  • I follow Saints (memberships for those with Altzheimers)
  • Floating Saints (memberships for recent immigrant arrivals by boat)
  • Flying Saints (memberships for recent Australian arrivals who came by plane)
Welcome any and all suggestions for the additional membership categories.

Last edited:
It makes sense if someone pays the $$$ and joins their pet up, they become a member and are counted. Their money and support is as good as anyone else's. I do like the intention then as mentioned above of starting completely new membership categories.
We could get them to resign every few weeks :eek:

• Saintly Saints (memberships for religious leaders of every faith and denomination)
I'll take it! :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The good news rolls on...</p>&mdash; Luke Holmesby (@LukeHolmesby) <a href="">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm guessing he's referring to Etihad food prices here

The digital membership is a master stroke IMO.

Not sure what it may or may not cost the club to provide the access, but it would have to be minimal.

I would hazard a guess that after the costs of providing admission etc, the profit margin per membership would have to be very handy.

I have sold digital products pre GFC and the mark up was infinite because there were no real fixed costs as opposed to a material product.

Not sure how that plays out in this case, but the entry price point of $99 is attainable and will capture a whole new audience of supporters who don't buy a membership because they don't get to games.

That last point should not be under estimated. This is perfect for interstate supporters IMO and for fans who don't want to pay all the extra $$ associated with Foxtel.

The digital membership is a master stroke IMO.

Not sure what it may or may not cost the club to provide the access, but it would have to be minimal.

I would hazard a guess that after the costs of providing admission etc, the profit margin per membership would have to be very handy.

I have sold digital products pre GFC and the mark up was infinite because there were no real fixed costs as opposed to a material product.

Not sure how that plays out in this case, but the entry price point of $99 is attainable and will capture a whole new audience of supporters who don't buy a membership because they don't get to games.

That last point should not be under estimated. This is perfect for interstate supporters IMO and for fans who don't want to pay all the extra $$ associated with Foxtel.
Exactly. The last piece of the puzzle will be when the AFL realise how much they can make on having the whole broadcasting thing run directly by themselves, instead of Foxtel. Then they'll keep the Friday and Saturday night games free to air to keep older anti-techs happy, and make all their games go through an app like this. Then, they will have absolutely no reason to restrict the games to tablets and phones, and people will watch them in good conscience on their big screens whenever they want.

The AFL'll let clubs manufacture them as club memberships, which will be great for all concerned. The downside of that is, well, EVERY club is going to see a massive boost in memberships because of this. For now, though, let's enjoy the ride.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The good news rolls on...</p>&mdash; Luke Holmesby (@LukeHolmesby) <a href="">March 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm guessing he's referring to Etihad food prices here

hmmm

rumours of players committing to the club beyond this year

• Saints from the Grave (memberships for deceased friends and family members)
  • Saints in Gaol (memberships for those fallen saints who are enjoying the hospitality of the penal system)
  • Saints in Space (memberships for those who have institutionalised with mental health problems)
  • Black, Red & White Ferns (memberships for New Zealanders)
  • Floating Saints (memberships for recent immigrant arrivals by boat)
  • Flying Saints (memberships for recent Australian arrivals who came by plane)

Imagine a 'pies in goal' membership? They'd pass 100k easy. Surely all the immigrant memberships are taken by Carlton. I reckon 90% of Italians in the northern suburbs were Carlton with Catoggio the poster boy! Note: I'm starting to show my age here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back