2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a little look at the other Victorian clubs' numbers. We're ahead of North, who made a prelim 3 months ago.

Our club website says 23,135 atm (21,200 this time last year), we had 45,092 last year so I would expect our sales to be pretty steady through 2015 like they were this year.

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
Our club website says 23,135 atm (21,200 this time last year), we had 45,092 last year so I would expect our sales to be pretty steady through 2015 like they were this year.
Cmon man let us have a win! Dont think anyone is saying you wont get that again, but to be ahead of your club at this time of year is a massive win for us, not a massive loss for you

Cmon man let us have a win! Dont think anyone is saying you wont get that again, but to be ahead of your club at this time of year is a massive win for us, not a massive loss for you

I don't mind if we come dead last in membership as long as we pull in a healthy number. I do hope the saints pull in a good number of members, we have only recently gone through the rebuild and for quite a while we were dead last on membership numbers.

The number of members is more of a political game clubs play to try and influence their market share which will impact sponsorship and advertising, there are so many cheap memberships flying around in Victoria that the number is kind of meaningless.

My mates girlfriend is signing him up for his bday, and I'm gonna give her some cash to sign me up at the same time (so we both have a seat next to each other)

Only problem is, his bday is not until the 29th... Will be a shame if we are stuck on 24,998 on xmas day haha.
Might as well sign up ASAP so the membership arrives by the 29th ;)

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
My mates girlfriend is signing him up for his bday, and I'm gonna give her some cash to sign me up at the same time (so we both have a seat next to each other)

Only problem is, his bday is not until the 29th... Will be a shame if we are stuck on 24,998 on xmas day haha.
Is she aware that the memberships take a week or so to get to you and the members pack generally longer?

I'm kinda sceptical about the current membership numbers due to the autosign up stuff. It'll be really interesting to see what the end total is. If we can end up with 2000 more members than we had in 2014 it will be a massive win and will prove that the club is selling the right messages.

it wouldnt surprise me if we knew we already had 25k onboard prior to announcing the drive

having said that doesnt bother me. i think its a major success. its help drum up attention. helped keep us in the media in a positive light and has probably attract additional members that probably were not going to sign up

massive thumbs up to the club

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
it wouldnt surprise me if we knew we already had 25k onboard prior to announcing the drive

having said that doesnt bother. i think its a major success. its help drum up attention. helped keep us in the media in a positive light and has probably attract additional members that probably were not going to sign up

I really doubt this as it would basically committing a fraudulent act to gain more memberships/money from people. Thats not exactly legal :p

Is she aware that the memberships take a week or so to get to you and the members pack generally longer?
I'm sure she does. Having a membership 4 months before round 1 and having it 4 days before round 1 makes very little difference to me or my mate anyhow. As long as we have it for when we take down the dees then I'm happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
I'm sure she does. Having a membership 4 months before round 1 and having it 4 days before round 1 makes very little difference to me or my mate anyhow. As long as we have it for when we take down the dees then I'm happy.
Oh I know, just saying if she wanted them there for his actual bday she better do it now.

Sunshine Saint

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
Dec 1, 2011
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mitta United, Tapalinga, St Marys

having said that doesnt bother me. i think its a major success. its help drum up attention. helped keep us in the media in a positive light and has probably attract additional members that probably were not going to sign up

I really doubt this as it would basically committing a fraudulent act to gain more memberships/money from people. Thats not exactly legal :p

Nuts not at all. What Defacto was suggesting was things such as that they have sponsors and prominent supporters, who possibly buy blocks of several hundred for staff, give aways etc and that they are holding these back and will use them, if they have to in order to get the desired number. If they don't need them for 25 by 25, these memberships give us a rise in the follow on promotion from this and if they are needed, the Saints achieve and get the required 25k in members, generating more positive publicity and a win for the club.

Exactly. 25,000 members by Christmas is itself both an achievement, and an incentive to a further achievement. The idea is that those 25,000 members will become a reason for another 5000 or more people to become members too. There is no way in hell that the club would make this target if they didn't pretty-much know they could achieve it. It's a marketing campaign - you ALWAYS set yourself up for the win in a marketing campaign.

Let me put it this way: "24,843 on Boxing Day - close enough!" is NOT the best marketing campaign going into the start of the new year.

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
I definitely think they will have people that they can call if the number is close. I know of a football club in the English Championship who did exact this with a season ticket drive back in 2005/06; the major sponsor called in a couple of connected companies who signed up tickets to get them over the line. Saints won't have the 25k memberships bought already, but they'll have worked out based on projections how likely they are to meet the target, and how big any likely shortfall could be. They obviously felt the target was realistic, and I think it's close enough that it'll be hit. Even if it's on Christmas day - I used to have my Christmas gift money spent on the Internet by about 8pm, i can't be the only one who is bored of family chat by then!

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
I get paid on Friday so will sign up then.

It's funny this campaign, it's all about gaining groundswell and being able to make people feel part of something. Quite clever, as it sort of breeds an infectious attitude of being part of something worthwhile.

Personally I don't usually sign up until just before season start as often I consider not bothering, given there's no real benefit to me. But I will sign up early this year just to help the numbers, as it will in turn hopefully achieve the aim of keeping a bandwagon going and encouraging others.

Still frustrated though that I tried to literally donate cash to the club last year via my company, and they didn't follow up. It was a drop in the ocean for them I'm sure, but worth a few memberships.

Now I get to watch games online, it's better value as an overseas member, but I lost rights to finals tickets when we make it back there. I don't mind so much though as it's tough for the club to do much. Interstate and NZ members could get a better treatment though I reckon based on some stories on here and other fan forums.

I was umming and aaahing about getting a membership next year (we have another baby on the way) but I saw the campaign on Facebook about player calls.

Sent them a PM requesting Billy Longer.

Within 10 minutes he was on the phone having a chat. Poor Billy said he was on duck eggs as far as sales go while Roo, Joey and those bastards hogged the queue haha

Had a quick chat before he handballed me to Nadia (sales girl) as he had NFI how to process a card payment hahaha!

Billy was good enough to jump back on the phone for a chat. Told him he's my fave player and wished each other a happy holiday before I told him that he needed to smash it now that he had one under his belt!

Great idea from the club. I only wish they would do it sooner. I kinda feel like Ill hold off on signing up again next year in the hope of getting another call hahaha

That said the boys are doing thank you calls as well so everyone who is part of the "25 by 25" campaign should get a little something.

Such a good feeling getting on board again. Cant wipe the stupid Billy Longer style grin from my face!!!

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
I was umming and aaahing about getting a membership next year (we have another baby on the way) but I saw the campaign on Facebook about player calls.

Sent them a PM requesting Billy Longer.

Within 10 minutes he was on the phone having a chat. Poor Billy said he was on duck eggs as far as sales go while Roo, Joey and those bastards hogged the queue haha

Had a quick chat before he handballed me to Nadia (sales girl) as he had NFI how to process a card payment hahaha!

Billy was good enough to jump back on the phone for a chat. Told him he's my fave player and wished each other a happy holiday before I told him that he needed to smash it now that he had one under his belt!

Great idea from the club. I only wish they would do it sooner. I kinda feel like Ill hold off on signing up again next year in the hope of getting another call hahaha

That said the boys are doing thank you calls as well so everyone who is part of the "25 by 25" campaign should get a little something.

Such a good feeling getting on board again. Cant wipe the stupid Billy Longer style grin from my face!!!
Did you ask him if he is alliance or horde?

Also where did you PM the club? A player calling my mum might get her to sign on again.

Also where did you PM the club? A player calling my mum might get her to sign on again.
Think this was on facebook at the time, but it's probably best to DM Luke Holmesby if you have twitter, or just send him a tweet. I know the media guys are in a competition to see who can get the most sales.

I saw an alert on Facebook. Just sent the club a private message with my name and number saying I would sign if Billy called.

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I want Billy to call me so I can talk to him about WoW and get an idea of how into it he is. I used to play it a few years ago and it can be super addictive and a massive time sink.

I'll also tell him he has it easy these days and tell him horrible stories about 6 hour Molten Core clears with Trash resetting halfway through. Bloody kids these days get everything on a silver platter.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Think this was on facebook at the time, but it's probably best to DM Luke Holmesby if you have twitter, or just send him a tweet. I know the media guys are in a competition to see who can get the most sales.
Ah right. Looks like I missed out, didnt check facebook earlier.

Back