2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Hrmm, I can find no way to actually alter my pre-existing membership to include a reserve seat, I can only assume this is because any new membership will be done on the smart pay system which doesn't allow for user alteration unless it's in the form of a form submission.

I can therefore only assume that the club does not want my money, as despite being removed from the payment option, well, I still have an outstanding invoice I'm unable to do anything but pay apparently.

Extra money on hookers and beer for all!

Give the membership team a call and they should be more than happy to help you out.

I think requests for reserved seats have to be put in writing. I had to do that for mine but I was after a seat in a specific area so I don't know if it has to be done all the time or not.

The problem with the digital membership is that it still runs through Telstra's garbage phone/tablet only system so cant be used on a computer without a lot of stuffing around and even then im not sure.

It just wont be possible until we have a proper streaming service available.

The problem with the digital membership is that it still runs through Telstra's garbage phone/tablet only system so cant be used on a computer without a lot of stuffing around and even then im not sure.

It shouldn't be exclusive to phones & tablets only. NBA is light years ahead of the AFL with their digital access.

Is that steaming service separate from the international one?

Is that steaming service separate from the international one?
Yes.

The international one gives you complete access on mobile, tablet, and computer. This is the same service that was initially exclusive to Telstra, but now available to all iOS and Android users, and is restricted only to mobile and tablet, due to restrictions that prevent desktop streaming, as a part of Foxtel and Channel 7's TV rights. I don't like this restriction, as quality on the mobile devices leaves much to be desired (although, it has had slight improvements in the past two years), but I can understand and accept it, given the large amount of money paid by the aforementioned companies. Having said that, why the AFL cannot offer a stream of the broadcasting channel, advertisements and all, is beyond me, and I'm sure it would offer suitable middle ground.

This season I will test out the international pass through a VPN during the NAB cup to gauge the quality of desktop streaming, mainly because VPNs have been known to cause bottlenecks on bandwith, hence restricting said quality of streaming. If it suffices, I'll go with it, despite being the more expensive option. If not, I'll once again sign up to the mobile service, and will do so through the club if it benefits them in any way, and just hope that there is another improvement for 2015.

NB - For what it's worth, as it stands, streaming can be intermittent at times, requiring multiple restarts of the app. Quality is at an acceptable standard, with the play being able to be made out on a 7" tablet screen, but I daresay that stretching it to a larger size would result in blurriness that is borderline unwatchable.

It shouldn't be exclusive to phones & tablets only. NBA is light years ahead of the AFL with their digital access.
Its the broadcast rights that allow Telstra to pick and choose who can use their service. I agree that it should be open to basic streaming for everyone but at the moment they only offer it on phone/tablet through their app within Australia.

Yes.

The international one gives you complete access on mobile, tablet, and computer. This is the same service that was initially exclusive to Telstra, but now available to all iOS and Android users, and is restricted only to mobile and tablet, due to restrictions that prevent desktop streaming, as a part of Foxtel and Channel 7's TV rights. I don't like this restriction, as quality on the mobile devices leaves much to be desired (although, it has had slight improvements in the past two years), but I can understand and accept it, given the large amount of money paid by the aforementioned companies. Having said that, why the AFL cannot offer a stream of the broadcasting channel, advertisements and all, is beyond me, and I'm sure it would offer suitable middle ground.

This season I will test out the international pass through a VPN during the NAB cup to gauge the quality of desktop streaming, mainly because VPNs have been known to cause bottlenecks on bandwith, hence restricting said quality of streaming. If it suffices, I'll go with it, despite being the more expensive option. If not, I'll once again sign up to the mobile service, and will do so through the club if it benefits them in any way, and just hope that there is another improvement for 2015.

NB - For what it's worth, as it stands, streaming can be intermittent at times, requiring multiple restarts of the app. Quality is at an acceptable standard, with the play being able to be made out on a 7" tablet screen, but I daresay that stretching it to a larger size would result in blurriness that is borderline unwatchable.

Was going to test this as well.

As I've stated several times, I think that restriction on computer use is unethical. I pay for the service, and then use unofficial sites to stream. I'm getting what I pay for. Totally fair.

Nonetheless, I think digital memberships would help the club immensely.

Yes.

I had the international subscription this season and used my computer to plug a hdmi cable into the tv to watch the games and at the begining of the season it was ok but then they changed their streaming seervices to HD about a quarter of the way through the season and it was actually pretty good quality. But with alot of streaming services sometimes the quality would drop so you would be watching a game for 10 mins not being able to tell who was who or it would pause for maybe 10 - 20 seconds while it was adjusting the quality to match your internet speed.

Give the membership team a call and they should be more than happy to help you out.

I think requests for reserved seats have to be put in writing. I had to do that for mine but I was after a seat in a specific area so I don't know if it has to be done all the time or not.

I'm being an ox atm and seeing how long it will take before someone takes my money despite me already emailing and calling that I wished to be removed from the smart pay option and retain an ability to alter my level of membership as I pleased, in effect I shouldn't have to contact them again because I made it emphaticlaly clear that I will not be paying for my membership for next year under the current scheme. As at this stage, it'll be a christmas miracle if I attend a game, I simply wished to upgrade my current level of donation via membership.

And nah, I faux signed up as a newbie and picking the level 3 option with a reserved seat gives an option to do select a seat, or did last night they're apparently doing maintenance now so I can't double check. I'm currently a GA lv3, so was simply looking to maybe transition to either lvl 3 with reserved seat or "ultimate" lv2 if still possible, depending on how I felt at the time.

But ticketmaster as of last night had a single outstanding invoice for a GA a week after I contacted the club that I can do nada with, and I received the same in a letter from the club today stating that I had a GA membership owing. So frankly, it'll get dealt with when it either becomes too much of a pain in the arse to fix, or when I stop being an obstinate sod because no one apparently listened the first time. I just wanted to headdesk because it really shouldn't be this hard to cancel an invoice, I tear them up and credit on a daily basis, takes all of 30mins for approvals. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not related to the saints, but just won a 2 game wce membership and digital subscription. wahoooo
Why arent you microwaving it immediately?

Also considering the membership wait they have.. this makes me laugh a lot.

Why arent you microwaving it immediately?

Also considering the membership wait they have.. this makes me laugh a lot.

hehehehe i was amazed too given the waiting list. people i work with have been on the waiting list forever. maybe they have a number of seats set aside for 2 game members etc to maximise income

i find it amusing i'm now a wce member and not a saints one

hehehehe i was amazed too given the waiting list. people i work with have been on the waiting list forever. maybe they have a number of seats set aside for 2 game members etc to maximise income

i find it amusing i'm now a wce member and not a saints one

If you do microwave it, please post a thread detailing it in the WCE board.

Just signed up for a digital membership, along with a junior membership for my daughter. A bit painful to do from Zambia, but Armo convinced me to do it now, so we get all the stuff before Christmas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back