2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

The 90% retention rate is more important than the number of members we end up with this year imo.

Anything above last years results was a win, but having such a high retention rate proves that the hard work that the club is doing off the field in the media and marketing departments is exactly where it needs to be. It shows that the fans are fully committed to the rebuild and in it for the long haul. With things like Moorabbin and continued off and on field improvement (hopefully involving some big name recruits this year ;)), I can easily see us hitting 40k members in 2-3 years.

The 90% retention rate is more important than the number of members we end up with this year imo.

Anything above last years results was a win, but having such a high retention rate proves that the hard work that the club is doing off the field in the media and marketing departments is exactly where it needs to be. It shows that the fans are fully committed to the rebuild and in it for the long haul. With things like Moorabbin and continued off and on field improvement (hopefully involving some big name recruits this year ;)), I can easily see us hitting 40k members in 2-3 years.
We nearly hit 40k in 2010, didn't we? I'd be aiming for 45k in a few years, the Swans have hit that mark recently. We are not a small club, we aren't Collingwood/Richmond/Essendon, but we aren't a small club, just one that has been poorly managed. I would aim for 50k by the end of the decade.

We nearly hit 40k in 2010, didn't we? I'd be aiming for 45k in a few years, the Swans have hit that mark recently. We are not a small club, we aren't Collingwood/Richmond/Essendon, but we aren't a small club, just one that has been poorly managed. I would aim for 50k by the end of the decade.

If the clubs future goals are anything to go by I may have been a bit conservative. I just looked it up and the clubs aim is for 50k members by 2018 (plus a bunch of NZ members). Sounds like a pretty big ask imo, but if we hit the 35k target this year then it only means we need to add 5k/pa for the 3 years from 2016-18 which seems more reasonable. Either way, if we get to and beat the our previous record in the next few years we will be laughing.

You need to aim high. Richmond did in what was there 2015 plan I think - wipe debt, certain amount of members, premiership. They didnt reach all of their goals because they aimed high but are still over the moon with the outcome. The days of worrying about not reaching targets are over, provided you transform the club and are in a 1000% better situation on field and off field than you were.

I won't speak again about how impressive the general turnaround has been, I've done that before.

Just wanted to note that the St. Kilda facebook page replied to a user that they believe they will be able to achieve 60,000 in the future. I kind of scoffed at the number, but Finnis has a track record of making things happen, and they are so confident that even the facebook media guy has heard this number before. It won't be anytime soon, but if they ever get to that number Finnis deserves a statue out front of Moorabbin.

Don't know if anyone else saw it, but at some point during the second half the club had a message up on the screen. "Thanks to our .... members for showing up today" or something along those lines. Can't remember what the number was exactly but it was well under 10k. Might have been under 9k even.

I'm sure anyone who was at the game would attest that there were far far more than 10,000 st kilda supporters at the ground. So there's plenty more out there already in need of converting, just hopefully our improved form can convince them to sign up

Don't know if anyone else saw it, but at some point during the second half the club had a message up on the screen. "Thanks to our .... members for showing up today" or something along those lines. Can't remember what the number was exactly but it was well under 10k. Might have been under 9k even.

I'm sure anyone who was at the game would attest that there were far far more than 10,000 st kilda supporters at the ground. So there's plenty more out there already in need of converting, just hopefully our improved form can convince them to sign up
There was a lot more. I finished my 3 game membership and was there, a lot in GA above the moorabbin wing too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I really don't understand why it would be so low. Saturday night, was always going to be a match worth seeing.

Maybe people saw we were going to be on television again finally and thought they'd stay in and watch it for once!
School holidays must have effected the attendance. Sat night, good weather, no other reasonable excuse

If you were a Saints supporter, I don't get why you wouldn't sign up this year, except that we probably won't make finals.

Its the most professional our club has been in my time, and its easier to get lower priced memberships than its ever been in the modern AFL era, surely (accounting for inflation and cost of living, obviously)

Do it!

I was just looking through some past figures...

In 2005, our membership was 32,043 for the year.
Hawthorn's membership total that year - 29,261.

The rest is history.
Hawthorn have an exponentially high amount of bandwagoners. Remember the 80s through til 91? They had one of the most dominant eras imaginable & by the mids 90s, they were about to merge with Melbourne.... If we had an era that yielded 7 premierships from 1976 to 1991, we'd arguably be making it 'The Big 5'....

There are a lot of Saints fans out there that just don't give a s**t because of our underwhelming history, and it sucks balls. The only way to get more members to get behind a minnow club like us is to win flags & allow the public/people 'into' the club... We're getting the 2nd part right at present, we just have to wait a few more years to get the 1st part done as well :)

I was just looking through some past figures...

In 2005, our membership was 32,043 for the year.
Hawthorn's membership total that year - 29,261.

The rest is history.

2005 maybe isn't the best year because Hawthorn were s**t the year before, and were also pretty bad in 2005, whereas St Kilda was a kick away from a GF in 2004 and also finished top four in 2005.

But I agree with the point that you're making - it really shows how much they've grown because of a sustained period of on-field success, something which we've never had.

Just a shout out to all the members out there
It's important we get behind the boys (and most of them are boys)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-26/swans-surge-drives-new-afl-club-membership-record

So our final official AFL tally is 32,746.

This represents an increase of 2,007 on last year's tally, which is a good effort, especially considering we were widely expected to be wooden spooners again this year. The 25by25 campaign in particular was a big success.

Unfortunately, however, we still have the lowest membership of any Victorian club, which is a big issue, especially considering many of us would agree we have a larger latent support base than the likes of Melbourne, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

Based on some simple calculations, if we had the same conversion rate of social media "likers" or "followers" (yes, I know these aren't overly reliable) into members as North Melbourne (for example) we would have approximately 47,000 members.

Whilst this is somewhat of an indictment on our supporter base, it also means we have a large amount of untapped potential that we can draw from for next year and beyond.

As a minimum, with the improvement St Kilda has shown on the field this year, I would expect 35,000 members next year. Who knows, if our campaign generates enough momentum, we might even push 40,000 members, which would be a massive and important step forward for our club.

Here's to a great membership drive in 2016!

I think the club need to get out there even more in the public and flog memberships, as other Vic clubs seem to be more active around the place from my travels. We have displayed good form considering where the club is at, and young talent is obvious, so now we need to get lapsed members back on board and really get into the media over summer.

The Club has done a fantastic job with membership growth . Well done to all .
Maybe we could do massive Xmas promotion for memberships starting December . I purchased three 3 game memberships as gifts last Xmas and they went down a treat . :thumbsu:

The Club has done a fantastic job with membership growth . Well done to all .
Maybe we could do massive Xmas promotion for memberships starting December . I purchased three 3 game memberships as gifts last Xmas and they went down a treat . :thumbsu:

last year they did the 25 in 25, they are going to have to come up with something this year.

they can't even do the re-signing 18 players as thats been done .

so what will the club think of

Remove this Banner Ad

Back