2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

When I've had missed calls and rang the number back, it goes to an answering machine. The message is that it's a third party that is contracted by Geelong, Hawks, Carlton and a couple of extra clubs I think.

Can't see how we have any more supporters who prefer watching the game on telly than say Richmond or Collingwood.
It is about the level of passion & the reality is, & this is based on having lived in 3 different states & in Country Victoria over the last 5 years, non-game attending Carlton supporters are less passionate than some of their counterparts who support other clubs. I don't know why this is the case, but there are so many people who identify themselves as Carlton supporters, who admit to watching our games on TV & yet wouldn't even give a second thought to buying a membership. Many of these people are long-standing Carlton supporters. No whizz-bang marketing ideas are going to change this mindset. I wish it wasn't so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in year 9 when it all happened and got teased mercilessly for supporting Carlton. I can see how younger kids might have switched teams under the pressure...it was relentless.

1 like=1 prayer

I had just finished year 12.

Some of my first pub conversations were about it :(

I stopped getting those calls years ago when I told them that if I ever got one again, I'd never buy a membership again. Maybe a coincidence, but I prefer to believe correlation = causality in this case.

I used to get these calls, but I kept on saying no.
Haven't had a call for I reckon 5 years now.

I did the same thing. I rang the club before xmas and was told that they will look at seat allocations this month. Hoping for good seats.

Spoke to the club today, after previously assuring me reserved seats would be allocated in December with cards being sent out in January, they have now said they expect this to be completed by early March. Pretty disappointed with this process. Have been members with other codes and this is by far the worst membership experience I have had. Surely in this day in age the club could have the process for one of their major income streams down to a fine art, not the mess it currently is. Rant over!

I was in year 9 when it all happened and got teased mercilessly for supporting Carlton. I can see how younger kids might have switched teams under the pressure...it was relentless.

1 like=1 prayer

I was 22 and decided the only appropriate action was to move to the UK for a few years.

Our numbers are awful and must be of prime concern for Trigg.

To know that there's so much reach with the Carlton brand and then for relatively few wanting to get on board, says a lot for the way the board has run this club for many a year now.

We could learn alot from clubs like North and the Bulldogs on how to convert supporters into members.

It's called fear of extinction - ask me..........

We need to engage the supporters much better. Stop cancelling training sessions, make official functions (like the intra club coming up) at more appealing times, and really get rid of this keeping the supporters/members at arms length. And whilst they're at it, they can fix up the membership department as well.

We're sitting at less than 30,000 and staring down the prospect of an awful total, yet I receive this from the club yesterday via email...

Our phones have been running off the hook – and many people just haven’t been able to get through – so the Club would like passionate Carlton people to help us call unrenewed members personally – to help them renew for season 2015 if they wish.

Things like this make me mad. Quite clearly the above is complete and utter bullshit spin from the club to try and cover their asses.

The club wants more people to sign up and to ensure year on year loyalty? Perhaps they could start by not blatantly lying to the existing member base.

Our membership department has been completely inept for years, yet from the outside looking in it appears that nothing has been done to fix that. Now it looks as though that may just be coming back to bite the club...in a big way.

It's all well and good to make noise about steering the on-field ship in the right direction, but that can't come at the expense of off field operations. Quite clearly that message just hasn't stuck at the club and it is suffering as a result. A major overhaul is required and I can only hope that someone wakes up to it and acts on it before it's too late....if it isn't already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back