2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
I was quickly reminded yesterday morning from whoever called me on behalf of the club.... it's a "promotion", not a raffle ;)

When they called me last week, I cut them off and said "is this another raffle ticket call?" and the response was an enthusiastic "yes it is! And for only $100 this time!".

I wonder how many they actually sell.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
To be fair, I'd say they target MEB_ due to the number of memberships she buys each year. Not to mention attending various events throughout the year.

There would be some kind of data analysis there but in the end they're still assuming. It's very dangerous assuming things.

Yeah, I normally get about 2 phone calls per membership so I understand why I get more calls than the average person. I still think $100 raffle tickets are ludicrous and I'd never buy one--they get enough of my cash!

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I used to work at the club and there are people who actually buy these raffle tickets, but it's not worth pissing everybody else off just for $20-30k that it raises. You could get the same result fundraising by other means. I remember back in 2003 the winner ended up being non other than Geoffrey Edelsten. He donated it back from memory.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah, I normally get about 2 phone calls per membership so I understand why I get more calls than the average person. I still think $100 raffle tickets are ludicrous and I'd never buy one--they get enough of my cash!
No arguments there at all.

I've never received a call from them though and I suspect that would be why.

To be fair, I'd say they target MEB_ due to the number of memberships she buys each year. Not to mention attending various events throughout the year.

There would be some kind of data analysis there but in the end they're still assuming. It's very dangerous assuming things.
They have correctly assumed me to be a penniless slob. Nice assuming......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
When they called me last week, I cut them off and said "is this another raffle ticket call?" and the response was an enthusiastic "yes it is! And for only $100 this time!".

I wonder how many they actually sell.

Well...I know for sure they have sold one.

Dad told us Sunday morning they got him...my brothers and I nearly fell off our chairs laughing.

A fool and his money something something...

Navy Cream

Club Legend
May 15, 2010
Currently where I am
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers
Can someone tell me if the club has or is doing a package for the NZ Anzac day match? The boss, Mrs. Cream, has granted me a leave pass. May get messy!!

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hopefully they haven't outsourced the work.

Get lots of phone calls from guys called Doug, Dave & Mike.............who just don't sound like your average Dougs, Daves & Mikes.

Ye...I reckon the ship it off mentality is half the reason for this pickle the club finds itself in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back