2015 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowMike

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is Trigg coming across from your supporter base and Victoria, I'd be interested to hear opinions.

reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
It's a bit of a catch 22. Trigg comes out and says they stuffed up. People ask 'well what are we doing to fix it?'. The club comes up with a short-term, cost-effective idea. People rubbish them.

Now, I agree that the idea of having supporters work the phones isn't exactly fantastic from a professional sporting body. However, they've no doubt debated a few different options an chosen to go with this one for reasons only known to them. Also undoubted is the fact that Trigg & co. will implement a long-term solution for future seasons to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I don't necessarily like the idea, but at least the club is taking action.

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
It's a bit of a catch 22. Trigg comes out and says they stuffed up. People ask 'well what are we doing to fix it?'. The club comes up with a short-term, cost-effective idea. People rubbish them.

Now, I agree that the idea of having supporters work the phones isn't exactly fantastic from a professional sporting body. However, they've no doubt debated a few different options an chosen to go with this one for reasons only known to them. Also undoubted is the fact that Trigg & co. will implement a long-term solution for future seasons to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I don't necessarily like the idea, but at least the club is taking action.

Interesting isn't it. Initially when I first saw the request I was all wow we that hard up. And this is not going to look at all professional.
However, Trigg is all for developing closer links with Supporters and this is one way to get supporters helping the club and being part of the club's drive to success.
Volunteer work is very rewarding and can be used to engender closer ties with the cause.
Mix the players in with the volunteers (meet and great opportunity) get autographs, give them an autographed polo shirt with Carlton Volunteer tactfully embroidered on it.
One Club, One Tribe etc becomes a reality.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
How is Trigg coming across from your supporter base and Victoria, I'd be interested to hear opinions.

I really like the way he's started. Bringing a fresh perspective and listening to the tribe. The actions of the club in the next 6-12 months will be interesting to observe and that's when there'll be a clearer answer to your question.

Big_Luch

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting isn't it. Initially when I first saw the request I was all wow we that hard up. And this is not going to look at all professional.
However, Trigg is all for developing closer links with Supporters and this is one way to get supporters helping the club and being part of the club's drive to success.
Volunteer work is very rewarding and can be used to engender closer ties with the cause.
Mix the players in with the volunteers (meet and great opportunity) get autographs, give them an autographed polo shirt with Carlton Volunteer tactfully embroidered on it.
One Club, One Tribe etc becomes a reality.

my thoughts exactly. Supporters have been crying out about being involved/belong at the club, clubs extends an olive branch (whichthey benefit from too) and they get howled down. Honestly I don't think it matters what they do with some people..they will always carry that chip on their shoulder from the one poor experience or long wait on the membership hotline.

I'll judge their efforts at the end of this year, there is no silver bullet - it will be striving to be better everyday to engage the supporters.

I look forward to this year with an air of optimism with our on field and off field exploits.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
2015members09022015.png

Jul 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Bought 3 memberships from the Carlton Shop on Tuesday, Dec 2.

Was told I would receive them in the new year...:rolleyes:
Well I know February 2015 onwards is technically in the new year but this is ridiculous.

Our membership dept is a complete and utter joke.

Having to interact with these numbnuts is close to the worst thing about being a Calrton fan.

Fotios

Debutant
Jul 31, 2014
MELBOURNE,VIC.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Has everyone received their fulfilment membership packs?
I'm a AFL with club support. Haven't heard or seen anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
All they'd need to do is add an extra tiny box on the membership application form that I can tick to have my membership card sent to me in a DL envelope. Cheaper for them, more storage space for me...

Navy Blues 73

Senior List
Jul 31, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Mine turned up yesterday, but remember ordering the cap as a preference over the scarf. Guess which of the two was in the pack? :mad:

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Back