2015 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he will go back to being an expensive test rider IMO. Just had too long out of it

Hardly past it, throttle got stuck nothing he could do.
Funny however Honda haven't released anything about that. They normally are pretty quick to mention faults... Sounds like more moaning and whinging from the master... He couldn't even be bothered going out to the grid at the start like every other rider because there was too many people..... Motorcycling is better to be rid of him.

Funny however Honda haven't released anything about that. They normally are pretty quick to mention faults... Sounds like more moaning and whinging from the master... He couldn't even be bothered going out to the grid at the start like every other rider because there was too many people..... Motorcycling is better to be rid of him.

Haters gonna hate. From the Honda Racing Corporation website:

Stoner worked his way up to 1st position on his first lap after the switch, but unfortunately he crashed out at the Suzuka Hairpin and the race was over for the MuSASHi RT HARC-PRO team.

Casey was taken to the medical centre where it was confirmed he had broken his right scapula (shoulder blade) and fractured his left ankle.

The team had to wait until the end of the race for the bike to be returned so they could exam what caused the accident. Together with HRC staff, the team checked the machine, and confirmed from the data that the throttle was 26 degrees open before the crash. It wasn’t clear why this happened and now the bike will be sent to HRC for a full inspection. HRC will communicate the findings to the media when there is more news.

Shigeki Honda, Team Manager
“Casey Stoner encouraged the whole team during this week at the Suzuka 8 hour endurance race, especially in the Top 10 trial. He demonstrated aggressive riding to climb to 1st early in the race, but sadly he crashed out. As a result, we missed out on an opportunity for three consecutive victories, but this is the Suzuka 8 hours where anything can happen. I express my appreciation to all our fans and we wish Casey a speedy recovery. We’ll be back next year!”

Video of the crash. At the 20 second mark you can hear the bike pinging on the limiter as he pulls the clutch. Probably looking for an excuse.

Bradley Smith,Pol Espagro & a Japanese rider won

Lol. One time MotoGP podium getter Katsuyuki Nakasuga?!! Long time Yamaha test rider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought Australian Motorcycle News, for the first time in yonks. They've got the Top 10 GOAT article. There's a thing with motorbike racing where I think it's harder to figure out who the GOAT. Obviously Rossi is a popular choice for no1.

But from gut feel. I find it hard to think anyone is better Wayne Rainey. Only Eddie Lawson is the one that makes me think could edge him.

Of the Aussies. Doohan's got the stats. But in head2head battle, I'm not certain is better than Stoner.

Story on Freddie Spencer. If he didn't get tendonitis, it's probable Wayne Gardner would never have been World Champ.

Bought Australian Motorcycle News, for the first time in yonks. They've got the Top 10 GOAT article. There's a thing with motorbike racing where I think it's harder to figure out who the GOAT. Obviously Rossi is a popular choice for no1.

But from gut feel. I find it hard to think anyone is better Wayne Rainey. Only Eddie Lawson is the one that makes me think could edge him.

Of the Aussies. Doohan's got the stats. But in head2head battle, I'm not certain is better than Stoner.

Story on Freddie Spencer. If he didn't get tendonitis, it's probable Wayne Gardner would never have been World Champ.

It's like all greatest ofs - the most popular candidates are usually limited to the last 30 years because that is all anyone can remember and the media coverage/vision wasn't nearly as good before then. Can make for good for conversation but ultimately how can you compare blokes who never raced each other?

Loris Baz & Stefan Bradi are out of the Indianapolis Moto GP race in 2 weeks.Their team owner has been arrested for tax evasion and sponsors are dropping like flies.
The Moto 2 team is also out.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/221432/1/forward-yamaha-to-miss-indianapolis-motogp.html

It's been a weird few years in motorcycle racing for teams folding. There's this thing, a team in World Supersport recently folded when their owner went missing, the Superbike team Troy Corser was supposed to manage never eventuated when the Dominican Replublic (who were sponsoring him) never came through with any money, former Moto2 rider Ratthapark Wilairot left his supersport team last year and took his Thai sponsor to a new Thai run team only to be sacked a couple of rounds after winning, Nicky Hayden's team losing their sponsor on the eve of the MotoGP season and even the title sponsor of Cal Crutchlow's bike had people arrested for insider trading or something! Don't think anyone can feel safe not on factory equipment (or even on factory equipment if you're a Bimota rider in last years World Superbike Championsip).

Masterclass by George. He's certainly my favourite to take the title from here. He always seems to finish seasons strongly and Valentino looks like he has podium speed but lacking that race winning edge, at least for the moment.

Good ride by an injured Pedrosa. Can't say I can remember anyone crashing on their own leaking fork oil before. Pleased to see Miller bring it home this week even if it was in a lowly position. Hopefully they can get the front end sorted out on his bike so he can make good on his speed.

Been really impressed by Bradley Smith this year. He's like a rider from a bygone era, a young bloke who improves year by year. It seems we've gone all Gen Y want it now in racing. If you haven't won multiple world championships by the time you're 24 then you're no good. That's right, Smith isn't 43 as he looks, he's only 24. That was young once! Sitting 5th in the standings, ahead of Dovizioso, he's rightly pissed off that his teammate who is 25 points behind him in the standings has been signed by Yamaha for next year already and Bradley hasn't even been presented with an offer yet. Hopefully he gets a good offer soon, he deserves it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back