2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

WALDENPOND

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I found some interesting stuff from the 2014 thread so thought this might be nice for people to post about all things music in 2015.

Last edited:

Bloc Party are apparently working on a new album, so I guess that's AOTY wrapped up already.
pssssshhhhhhhh huge call!

If they make something on the level of Four I'll be 'happy.' That album is completely soulless, too.

Next year'll be incredible after the frankly s**t 2014.

pssssshhhhhhhh huge call!

If they make something on the level of Four I'll be 'happy.' That album is completely soulless, too.

Next year'll be incredible after the frankly s**t 2014.
I have faith!

I wonder if Tong will be back, though. Bloc Party have always been a band greater than its parts, especially early on, so I wonder if him not being there will suck out the last of their chemistry.

Other music that should/could be coming out in 2015 that I'm looking forward to: (a lot of it's probably pretty lame but meh)

Muse
Last Dinosaurs
Tame Impala
Smashing Pumpkins
DIIV
Mark Ronson
Pond

And I think Babaganouj have another EP coming

No idea how many of these will actually be released in 2015 but there are a fair few potential albums that I'm pretty excited for:

Oneohtrix Point Never
Joanna Newsom
John Maus
Kanye West
Sufjan Stevens
Jai Paul
Frank Ocean
Of Montreal
Jose Gonzalez
Belle & Sebastian
The Decemberists

And of course Panda Bear's album's been leaked, of which I'm a big fan. Should be a good year for music.

Radiohead, Bloc Party, Drake, Sky Ferreira, Frank Ocean, The Radio Dept, Makonnen, Rejjie Snow, Los Campesinos!, Beach Fossils, Wild Nothing, Lone, The Stevens, Beach House, Kanye, Grimes, Rostam Batmanglij, Blood Orange, Twin Shadow, Bjork, Dick Diver, Twerps (it'll suck), John Maus, Idlewild, potentially The Drums, The Shoe You Blew It!, DIIV, Vince Staples, New Order pissing on their legacy, Courtney Barnett, potentially Haim, Hannah Diamond, Kaytranada, Jamie xx, Maus, Alison Crutchfield. Maybe Lorde. And M83, Toro y Moi, Earl or Tyler or OF doing something, Damon Albarn apparently knocking off some GB&Q and we might get a Gorillaz single, Wavves, maybe some Atlas Sound...

Next year is going to be so good. Hugely excited for Sky, Radio Dept, Drake, Makonnen, Rejjie Snow, and Wild Nothing. Grimes could be great or could be total trash... you can always get good stuff from LC!, Beach House, Beach Fossils, Lone, and Kaytranada as well.

Also: Flume, Tame Impala, James Blake, Noel Gallagher, Chromatics, The Wombats, Coldplay. Just so I can rag on them on the internet for the next 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Richard Russell just loves buzzwords like 'enigma' and 'prodigy' regarding Jai Paul and so we'll never see anything ever come out.

Looks like a much better year ahead. Just to add on to the already listed, I think PJ Harvey is also planning to head back into the studio, although it sounds like it will be one of those record in a public bubble things (ala Regurgitator's Mish Mash), so who knows what to expect lol.

Beach House, Chromatics (in the same bracket as Coldplay... Jesus), Joanna Newsom, Wavves should be fun from that list SA posted. Will check out Death Grips hoping for another Money Store.

Kendrick I've read is coming out with something. Opinion: His album will be better than Kanye's.

Last edited:
Reckon there will be one or 2 new genres or an existing genre that will be the go to genre for club thumping songs.

EDM and Trap will dominate the music charts and even overpower the teeny pop songs.
That's my biggest call for 2015.

Dubstep will be off the charts (literally) but DNB will be more prevalent on charts.

We'll see more of Kiesza, Zhu and Infinity Inc on charts but not Flume.

2011: Call Me Maybe. (Canada.)
2012: Gangnam Style. (Korea.)
2013: Harlem Shake. (USA.)
2014: All About That Bass. (?)
2015: Something from Norway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back