2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon DIIV could be appalling. Oshin was probably overrated considering there's only five actual songs on there, but ever since I heard the first version of Sometime, I thought they could end up being my favourite band their guitar sound was so perfect. Hopefully Sky teaches Cole how to actually put in interesting structures and fully form songs.

I reckon DIIV could be appalling. Oshin was probably overrated considering there's only five actual songs on there, but ever since I heard the first version of Sometime, I thought they could end up being my favourite band their guitar sound was so perfect. Hopefully Sky teaches Cole how to actually put in interesting structures and fully form songs.

Yeh I'm with you. I didn't love Oshin but as you say, there's enough great sound there in some of their songs (Air Conditioning, Human, Follow) to keep me interested in future work.

Similar to James Blake actually. Some of what he puts out becomes instantly classic for me and other stuff I just can't listen to after one or two attempts.

Other music that should/could be coming out in 2015 that I'm looking forward to: (a lot of it's probably pretty lame but meh)

Muse
Last Dinosaurs
Tame Impala
Smashing Pumpkins
DIIV
Mark Ronson
Pond

And I think Babaganouj have another EP coming
Really hope Muse get away from the electronica and back to their rockin roots

I am excited by the prospect of these:

Damien Cowell's Disco Machine
Belle & Sebastian
The Decemberists
Twin Shadow
Brandon Flowers

They are a totally different band now, but I still like them.

They probably should have changed the name though, once Frank left.
Yeah, I completely agree, I was just being facetious. Clearly two different bands. If it wasn't for Frank's charisma, stage presence, and media baiting they probably would have been ignored by most of the press they got early on which clearly has been good and bad.

Although I prefer the early stuff a lot more it would be too unfair to compare the two singers.

Yeah, I completely agree, I was just being facetious. Clearly two different bands. If it wasn't for Frank's charisma, stage presence, and media baiting they probably would have been ignored by most of the press they got early on which clearly has been good and bad.

Although I prefer the early stuff a lot more it would be too unfair to compare the two singers.

It could also be said that the original band kind of blew their load with 'Grey Britain'. I mean, where else can you really go after a massive statement like that? Anything that came after, with Frank or without, was going to be disappointing by comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really expecting anything from Bloc Party (to answer those queries earlier in the thread). The Nextwave Sessions EP sounded like a last goodbye, and even though Kele has hinted at further material, his word has never really been good.

Coooooooooool artwork above. Remember when every band was one word repeated? Djemba Djemba the pick of the bunch.

I saw this on instagram the other day and though Stanley was just uploading some ideas, but apparently Atoms for Peace are up to something. I didn't really like the AFP album a huge amount (he's better maudlin) but I remember that it was basically assembled electronically from figures the whole band recorded. Hopefully it's new music but the artwork used is from some random, s**t looking band so who even knows... tour to support Thom's new solo album probably.

New Waxahatchee announced last night, too. Those Crutchfield sisters make some tunes alright.

I listened to Django Django in hope they might sound like Django Reinhardt. Was quite disappointed afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back