2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Woah, good find. Cheers mate.

Good to see a good taste of music on this Board. Haven't ventured over here before. Hottest 100 day is one of my favourite days of the year!

As it is mine! There's plenty of songs to wade through in that release, even I haven't tried to get through at all but the very first track is probably the highlight of them all – "Acura Integurl". I only wish it was longer. Frank performed a full version of it live one night but there's not a full studio version

As it is mine! There's plenty of songs to wade through in that release, even I haven't tried to get through at all but the very first track is probably the highlight of them all – "Acura Integurl". I only wish it was longer. Frank performed a full version of it live one night but there's not a full studio version
Yeah I'm listening to them now. Lot of good stuff, he knows how to write a good song. You seen him live? God I hope he does a tour headlining a festival around the country, or even better just him in concert. Probably will only do Splendour or something over east :( (pulled out last time he came for splendour).

Yeah I'm listening to them now. Lot of good stuff, he knows how to write a good song. You seen him live? God I hope he does a tour headlining a festival around the country, or even better just him in concert. Probably will only do Splendour or something over east :( (pulled out last time he came for splendour).

I wish I had but unfortunately not. I know a couple of people who went to his first (and subsequently only) show in Melbourne last time around, when he had quite a sore throat, they said he was still awesome but you could tell he was straining hard on some notes.

I wish I had but unfortunately not. I know a couple of people who went to his first (and subsequently only) show in Melbourne last time around, when he had quite a sore throat, they said he was still awesome but you could tell he was straining hard on some notes.
Yeah that was harsh, my hope is him headlining Falls/southbound at the end of the year/next year.

I fear that Chance The Rapper's 'Surf' is going to be a bit underwhelming considering how awesome Acid Rap was, but I'm still eager for it to come out.

Already released Viet Cong album is outstanding. Tight post-punk sound.

Also the Panda Bear album is sweet.

Really looking forward to Grimes and Purity Ring to see if they can follow up their very impressive debuts. Also hoping Bat For Lashes releases a new album. And Sufjan Stevens just announced he's releasing a new album at the end of March I think.

Gonna be a good year.

As said before, Grimes might not even be a guarantee for this year. She's basically learning about four instruments and started them barely four months ago. I reckon it could be a four year gap for her.

The new Bjork has dropped on iTunes (UK Store). I don't consider myself a 'first day' Bjork fan anymore after the fairly forgettable last two albums, but some of the early reactions sound promising.

Busy week ahead, I might end up just waiting until physical release (unless critical consensus puts it in the same box as the last two). The samples on iTunes don't excite me a great deal though, I doubt we'll even get another Medulla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else diggin the new Toro? I remember he was talking about using guitars a bit more and being influenced by Weezer. I guess it's kind of noticeable. The Weezer reference is noticeable.
https://soundcloud.com/carparkrecords/toro-y-moi-empty-nesters/s-hNogg

Great artwork as per from him, too

Empty-Nesters-608x608.jpg

v600_ToroWhatFor_900.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back