2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic music taste and a Celtics supporter. You have my attention!

I actually write for a music website so this one is a bit left-field but I'm an enormous fan. Discovered her late last year when she was crowd-funding for a debut record and have been absolutely head over heels in love ever since. This is "The Bone" and it comes courtesy of Bones You've Thrown Me and Blood I've Spilled which was released back in January.

I reckon the new Tame Impala will be a grower, but its already pretty solid on the first listen. Big evolution in their sound. I'm still pining for another Half Full Glass of Wine, but I like where this is going

I don't see another Half Full Glass of Wine type of track coming from them in the near future. Sounds like they've moved onto being a psychedelic pop band, you could hear it between Innerspeaker and Lonerism, which I don't mind, though I'd prefer some big rock riffs. I could be wrong, but reverb drenched psych pop is extremely trendy and I think they'll sell more if the rest of the record sounds more like their latest single release than if it sounded like Half Full Glass.

While I think Let It Happen is an absolutely cracking track. I'm not sure if I like the road that they are going down. I just don't want them to be 'just another' electronic band.

Let It Happen reminds me of Toro Y Moi, which isn't a bad thing. It just doesn't remind me of Tame Impala.

I didn't mind the track. It's kind of lame how it goes into this big breakdown and then never builds to anything and then just ends. It's also a pretty trendy, unimaginative sound. I liked the melody and the vocals so I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic music taste and a Celtics supporter. You have my attention!

I actually write for a music website so this one is a bit left-field but I'm an enormous fan. Discovered her late last year when she was crowd-funding for a debut record and have been absolutely head over heels in love ever since. This is "The Bone" and it comes courtesy of Bones You've Thrown Me and Blood I've Spilled which was released back in January.

Just don't read anything that I have said about Essendon and we can probably be friends !

That is terrific. Listened to the album on Spotify and the whole thing is fantastic. Glorious voice.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKMK

I've tried to avoid all hype so much so that I haven't even listened to The Blacker The Berry yet. I only listened to the Untitled song from the Colbert Report for the first time today.

Just wanna hear the album all in one go and fully appreciate it. About to listen now :thumbsu:

I've tried to avoid all hype so much so that I haven't even listened to The Blacker The Berry yet. I only listened to the Untitled song from the Colbert Report for the first time today.

Just wanna hear the album all in one go and fully appreciate it. About to listen now :thumbsu:
The Blacker The Berry is song of the year, he beasts it. Anyway props to you for being able to resist it until now!

Also loving Let It Happen (Tame Impala) and Grimes new single is a return to form too.

So far 2015 has been great

The Blacker The Berry is song of the year, he beasts it. Anyway props to you for being able to resist it until now!

Just got to it. 12 tracks and then finally this, it goes so hard. Great lyricism and the beat kicks.

So far my favourites apart from TBTB are Alright and Hood Politics. I can tell that it's going to be an album that takes a little longer to appreciate. As many others have mentioned, there are no 'bangers' like Backseat Freestyle or a number of other songs on GKMC but maybe this album is more cohesive? I'm not sure yet. GKMC is one of the best hip hop albums this century. I'll be interested to read the reviews for this album.

It's different, that's for sure and it's a style that's grown on me. I sorely miss the hooks and beats from The Money Store (and NLDW to a lesser extent) though.
The louder the better. Probably won't be as good as No Love but it should be up there with TMS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back