2015 NAB Challenge - Adelaide v Nth Melbourne, Pt Lincoln, 4.10pm (4.40 AEDT),

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball hit the umpire and the umpire was standing behind the goal line.

Should have been a goal, although I don't think anyone's too fussed about a decision in a glorified praccy.

Ball hit the umpire and the umpire was standing behind the goal line.

Should have been a goal, although I don't think anyone's too fussed about a decision in a glorified praccy.
Do you have proof the umpire was behind the goal line?

Do you have proof the umpire was behind the goal line?

hNMI9B9.jpg

The umpire is clearly behind the goal line and the ball hit him.

That's not proof, do you have a goal line photo?

Are you really this worked up about it? There wasn't adequate footage to determine whether it was a goal but all available angles indicate that it was. Even if it didn't, it's the goal umpire's poor positioning that cost them the goal.

I find it funny when ess supporters are up in arms when Thomas dives but when Lloyd did it was great.

Lloyd was one of the great divers - just like Thomas.

I just said I had a chuckle to myself that it was the first thing I saw when I turned the stream on. Lloyd did admit to doing it early on his career and did stamp it out of his game, with Thomas despite all the warnings he has received including from his coach, It's a bit concerning he would feel the need to be doing it in a practice match.

How tiresome.
So you are implying we should c
Are you really this worked up about it? There wasn't adequate footage to determine whether it was a goal but all available angles indicate that it was. Even if it didn't, it's the goal umpire's poor positioning that cost them the goal.
My point is the ball didn't cross the line, end of story, not sure why every one else is getting worked up about it.

]upset over umpiring in a practice match.

Not upset ... annoyed however. It detracts somewhat from the enjoyment of watching the games.

The umpires taking their hatred and bias against the crows into a practice match....

That doesn't seem at all credible.

Having said that I do sometimes wonder what criteria should be applied to determine what is and what is not a high tackle, and what is or is not ducking, because for the life of me I can't figure out why "high" decisions so frequently go against the Crows when they are tackling yet so seldom are paid to Crows players when they get tackled. The Crows are clearly doing something wrong. If I could figure it out and tell the Crows coaches, and they in turn were able to instill this knowledge in the players, it seems to me it could improve the frees for vs frees against ratio for the Crows by at least six frees per game.

So you are implying we should c

My point is the ball didn't cross the line, end of story, not sure why every one else is getting worked up about it.

Do you have proof the ball didn't go behind the goal line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just said I had a chuckle to myself that it was the first thing I saw when I turned the stream on. Lloyd did admit to doing it early on his career and did stamp it out of his game, with Thomas despite all the warnings he has received including from his coach, It's a bit concerning he would feel the need to be doing it in a practice match.
Early on? He admitted he stopped for the last 5 years of his career.

Diver from 1995 - 2004. He also admits he will be known for staging. It's good he has a handle on how he is perceived.

The 2 are no different.

Early on? He admitted he stopped for the last 5 years of his career.

Diver from 1995 - 2004. He also admits he will be known for staging. It's good he has a handle on how he is perceived.

The 2 are no different.

Wouldn't you like to think Lindsay could have a handle on how he is perceived? He clearly doesn't or if he does chooses to still go down that path which in my opinion makes him a lot worse than Lloyd.

So did these teams play a game or was it just one big incident with the goal umpire and Lindsey Thomas diving.

I read somewhere North had the breeze in the last, was it significant? How many goals was the breeze worth?

Did Adelaide look the goods for the first 3/4s?

Wouldn't you like to think Lindsay could have a handle on how he is perceived? He clearly doesn't or if he does chooses to still go down that path which in my opinion makes him a lot worse than Lloyd.
He would have a good idea - like Lloyd and can adjust - if he stops for the last 5 years then they are exactly the same.

Both have their legacy tarnished - both are cheats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back