2015 NAB Challenge - Bulldogs v Richmond, Western Oval, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure you're the type of bloke that would start in argument with yourself in an empty room

It was a pre season game, get over it & stop making Captain Obvious excuses about why your team didn't win. It's not like Hardwick wasn't trying new things either, if you read into it too much on either side it's too serious

Good luck for 2015

Excuses?

I'm happy our depth players came that close to a full strength unit!

Lots of excuses for Richmond about their A-team being out. Celebrating being close etc etc and saying how bad we are. Forgetting we beat them last year with all those A graders in anyway.

Actually, we were missing quite a few then as well...

Lol at the weak team excuse.

Best 22 or not, most of the players Richmond fielded had 5 years under Hardwick to get use to their gameplan and couldnt get over a bottom 4 team that have only had 1 preseason (compound that with the loss of Griffen, Cooney, Higgins).

If you dont think getting use to a gameplan matters and the strength of the best 22 is what matters then explain why AFL all star games look scrappy and unstructured.

This is not delving into stuff like our best player getting injured in the first 10 minutes. Worrying signs for richmond, for a side wanting to challenge the top 4, you'd want your depth to be up to scratch. Objectively speaking i think a finish 10-12 is about par for richmond based off today's performance.

What a load of s**t.

Haha this is classic. Richmond were never going to lose this one. They win: great their kids are good. They lose: lol Bulldogs only beat us by 22 points.

Did you feel Boyd deserved his 30k paycheck for today?

A lot will hinge on Jack Riewoldt for Richmond this year.

Both sides' main key forwards from today all have played less than 10 games. Redpath and Boyd were the best of the four while McBean/McKenzie couldn't hit the scoreboard against one of the league's worst defences from last year. McKenzie was even given a gift in the goalsquare and couldn't convert.

Best 22 or not, most of the players Richmond fielded had 5 years under Hardwick to get use to their gameplan and couldnt get over a bottom 4 team that have only had 1 preseason (compound that with the loss of Griffen, Cooney, Higgins).

If you dont think getting use to a gameplan matters and the strength of the best 22 is what matters then explain why AFL all star games look scrappy and unstructured.

This is not delving into stuff like our best player getting injured in the first 10 minutes. Worrying signs for richmond, for a side wanting to challenge the top 4, you'd want your depth to be up to scratch. Objectively speaking i think a finish 10-12 is about par for richmond based off today's performance.

Haha nice try mate :)

People read far too much into pre season games. Different personnel, inexperience etc, there's too many variables to factor in to determine form for the season proper.
Spot on. We didn't even field the full number of players even though we had enough at the venue.

How do you come up with the 30K figure. He's on about 200K this season so I think your maths is out.

I'm averaging it over his contract, assuming you don't make finals this year, fairly realistic.

If you hand out s**t to Scully etc I thinks it's only fair to answer for your own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot will hinge on Jack Riewoldt for Richmond this year.

Both sides' main key forwards from today all have played less than 10 games. Redpath and Boyd were the best of the four while McBean/McKenzie couldn't hit the scoreboard against one of the league's worst defences from last year. McKenzie was even given a gift in the goalsquare and couldn't convert.

Boyd couldn't have a heavy impact on the scoreboard despite his side having almost triple the amount of inside 50's and playing on our VFL defence. Any forward in the AFL is going to struggle to have an impact on the game with only 27 entries into the forward line.

Redpath was good, Boyd was poor, and McKenzie and McBean were poor and unsighted. This is a fact.

The Doggies played well today and should have won by more than they did due to inaccuracy, but it is also a fact that we almost had 3/4's of our best 22 missing. This meant more to the Bulldogs in terms of supporter base and financials than it did to the Tigers. This is reflected in the tteams both sides submitted. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous.

If you hand out s**t to Scully etc I thinks it's only fair to answer for your own

I have a GWS #9 guernsey. Odd I'd do that and hand out s**t to Scully.

So you admit you're only making this point to be a prick?

Boyd couldn't have a heavy impact on the scoreboard despite his side having almost triple the amount of inside 50's and playing on our VFL defence. Any forward in the AFL is going to struggle to have an impact on the game with only 27 entries into the forward line.

If you watched the game Boyd was played up the ground and in the ruck. Redpath was given the deep forward role.

Any 19 year old key forward will struggle with 2-3 men hanging off him. But this helped others like Redpath get free.

Best 22 or not, most of the players Richmond fielded had 5 years under Hardwick to get use to their gameplan

Fair enough...Name them. Should be easy, and if you can do that, I'll buy a doggies membership.

If you watched the game Boyd was played up the ground and in the ruck. Redpath was given the deep forward role.

Any 19 year old key forward will struggle with 2-3 men hanging off him. But this helped others like Redpath get free.

With that many entries, why didn't this 'free' forward get a lot more of the ball?

Don't forget, we only really played 1 genuinely tall backman in Elton.

Don't forget, we only really played 1 genuinely tall backman in Elton.

Fanfooty said Batchelor was on Redpath...

As noted by the amount of behinds we kicked, our mids tended to blaze at goal rather than hit up Redpath. He was still the best KPF on the ground, and is very inexperienced, so good signs that he was still able to take a couple of good grabs and crash packs.

I do tend to agree with the Bulldogs point of view that the young ones go harder in the pre-season than the regular best 22s.

Remember that the Richmond youngsters are playing for their careers here. These NAB Challenge games may be the difference between them having a spot in the side this year and not, because it is essentially the only way that their performance is tested against an AFL side outside of the actual season for many of them.

Many of the players in the squad today for the Bulldogs already have their spot in the top 22, so this is only kind of like a warm up for them. You think many of them will risk getting injured against a young side desperate for a spot in the team in the Home and Away season? I think not

Therefore, I find it fairly reasonable that they did not demolish us on the scoreboard

Richmond have appeared to go backwards.

Coach must be under some pressure.
You must be trolling. I think you are trolling. I am positive you are trolling.

But in case you are not, how would you be able to determine Richmond's progression from a game that featured a squad mostly made up of players who are not in Richmond's best 22?

You must be trolling. I think you are trolling. I am positive you are trolling.

But in case you are not, how would you be able to determine Richmond's progression from a game that featured a squad mostly made up of players who are not in Richmond's best 22?

I was being ironic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back