nabchallenege.png

essvsaintsnab2.png

Broadcast:
foxfooty.png
watchafl.png

Match Centre: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/nab-challenge/2015/1/ess-v-stk
Weather Forecast: Possible shower, 24 degrees

ESSENDON
3. Paul Chapman, 10. Nick O’Brien, 14. Jason Ashby, 19. Shaun Edwards, 20. Jackson Merrett, 28. Jonathon Giles, 28. Elliott Kavanagh, 30. Kyle Langford, 34. Jake Long, 35. Marty Gleeson, 36. Lauchlan Dalgleish, 44. Shaun McKernan, 45. Conor McKenna, 47. Marcus Marigliani, 50. James Polkinghorne, 51. Aaron Heppell, 54. Josh Freezer, 55. Anthony Tipungwuti, 56. Jordan Schroder, 58. Sam Tagliabue, 72. Clint Jones, 73. Mitch Brown, 74. Mitch Clisby, 75. Jared Petrenko, 76. James Magner, 77. Sam Michael

ST KILDA
1. Tom Hickey, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Eli Templeton, 6. Seb Ross, 7. Luke Dunstan, 8. Blake Acres, 9. Tommy Lee, 11. Leigh Montagna, 14. Jarryn Geary, 16. Jack Newnes,18. Billy Longer, 20. David Armitage, 21. Luke Delaney, 24. Sean Dempster, 25. Sam Fisher, 26. Tom Curren, 27. Josh Bruce, 28. Tim Membrey, 32. Paddy McCartin, 33. Hugh Goddard, 34. Nathan Wright, 35. Josh Saunders, 37. Jack Lonie, 38. Ahmed Saad, 39. Cameron Shenton, 40. Jack Sinclair, 41. Darren Minchington, 44. Maverick Weller, 45. Jason Holmes

What do people think of alan richardson?

I think he is doing a great job. He is apparently tactically very good, pushes the players running game. Has had them a lot fitter since starting at the club.
Seems a great negotiator and deliberater.
My only concern ... Is he hard enough?
Great coaches are ****oles.
Players need to fear coached but also have respect ... so they go through brick walls for them
I worry he is too nice. Sounds funny but its a tough game and are you going to run into walls for a nice guy you like or moreso for someone you fear and demands respect?
Leigh mathews, ross lyon, alistar clarkson etc.

I think he is doing a great job. He is apparently tactically very good, pushes the players running game. Has had them a lot fitter since starting at the club.
Players need to fear coached but also have respect ... so they go through brick walls for them
I worry he is too nice. Sounds funny but its a tough game and are you going to run into walls for a nice guy you like or moreso for someone you fear and demands respect?
If you can let me know Richardsons tactics are I'd be very happy to hear them.

Can't see this game being entertaining. Either the Saints will dominate and it'll look like circle work or the desperation and hardness of Essendon's top up players will make the game scrappy and unwatchable.

The only silver lining is that youngsters from both sides have a chance to make a name for themselves.

I think he'll be a good player manager and developer than a master tactian on game day, time will tell. Our coach still gets accused of being too nice on bf by some, but seems to have a positive culture and rebuilt our list which is what you guys are looking for at this stage.

Can't see this game being entertaining. Either the Saints will dominate and it'll look like circle work or the desperation and hardness of Essendon's top up players will make the game scrappy and unwatchable.

The only silver lining is that youngsters from both sides have a chance to make a name for themselves.
Essendon losing is entertaining for the rest of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are extraordinarily generous odds in this game, at $1.21. I count as few as 2 of Essendon's best 22 who have been named to play today, whereas we have as many as 14/15 of ours, plus we have a game under our belt. It could be like our game v Freo in R23 of 2013 when they left half their team at home and we got out to about 48 points before they even scored.

We are extraordinarily generous odds in this game, at $1.21. I count as few as 2 of Essendon's best 22 who have been named to play today, whereas we have as many as 14/15 of ours. It could be like our game v Freo in R23 of 2013 when they left half their team at home and we got out to about 48 points before they even scored.
You had a far more experienced team back then, still hope you belt them by 100 points though

You had a far more experienced team back then
Yeah, but you guys still had the likes of Pavlich, Sandilands, Barlow, Crowley, Mzungu, D Pearce, de Boer, Neale, Duffield and co. playing, whereas the only one today that I would say for sure is in Essendon's best 22 is Chapman, so how they are under $5 in the betting is beyond me.

We are extraordinarily generous odds in this game, at $1.21. I count as few as 2 of Essendon's best 22 who have been named to play today, whereas we have as many as 14/15 of ours, plus we have a game under our belt. It could be like our game v Freo in R23 of 2013 when they left half their team at home and we got out to about 48 points before they even scored.

I always find betting on practice matches a bit of a puzzle.

You often have both sides that are not trying to win, but implement plans and test out players.

As a legitimate sporting contest it's probably only just slightly more credible than the result in an EJ Whitten game.

I always find betting on practice matches a bit of a puzzle.

You often have both sides that are not trying to win, but implement plans and test out players.

As a legitimate sporting contest it's probably only just slightly more credible than the result in an EJ Whitten game.
As I said last week, I find betting on preseason games to be the easiest to win consistently on all year, as long as you stick to games where the squads are very uneven (with one team much closer to full strength than the other).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back