News 2015 NAB Challenge Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Carlton will prepare for season 2015 with three big games against West Coast, Collingwood and Geelong.

The Blues will kick off the pre-season in the west with a match against the Eagles in Mandurah on Friday 27 February.

Country Victoria will then play host to a Carlton-Collingwood blockbuster, with the Blues to take on the Pies at Bendigo’s Queen Elizabeth Oval on Sunday 15 March.

Carlton’s final game of the pre-season will be on Sunday 22 March against Geelong at Etihad Stadium.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-28/2015-nab-challenge-fixture-released

2015NABChallengeImage.jpg

Essendon* drawn to play St.Kilda, GWS & Melbourne.
AFL are surely trolling them...

:D

I am shocked that wasn't their first 3 rds of the actual season. I mean a % boost to the bottom teams will, eventually, level out by the end of the season apposed to giving Sydney and Hawthorn a huge boost over some of the other teams who may face * at closer to full strength. Would also go a fair way to knocking the "Melbourne need a PP" argument out of the water if they get a +50 point victory and a decent % boost too. They then could have thrown in Carlton just for funsies :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me that doesn't like playing Collingwood in a meaningless pre season fixture?

Would prefer they kept the rivalry for when it counts.
I feel the same in some respects, but I think it is good they are taking 'blockbusters' (as much as they can be pre-season) to regional venues. If they are serious about engaging regional areas, I think this is a good move.

Is it just me that doesn't like playing Collingwood in a meaningless pre season fixture?

Would prefer they kept the rivalry for when it counts.
Agreed....sorta

If we only play them once in the season proper, then im ok with it. You shouldnt play anyone in the preseason that you then play twice in the proper season.
We could have the outcome where if Collingwood were to finish 4, and we were to finish 1 (purely for illustrative purposes), then we could play them up to 5 times in 1 year (1 x preseason, 2 x season proper, 1 x qualifying final, 1 x grand final). As unlikely as it is, the preseason should spread the load accross teams you play less.

Edit: I guess the only exception I have for this is in that final week of preseason, that teams in a 2 team state will play each other twice during the season, but can also play in the preseason to limit travel.

My grandfather has his name on some war memorial in Bendigo, so yeah maybe.

Enduring 2 hours of jubilant squawking drunken Magpies on a train journey back to Southern Cross on a Sunday night is something to consider though. :(

I like to go to preseason games only to observe people who don't entirely grasp that it's a preseason game.

Come on you ******* Doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 120 decibels at the end of the game in 2012 probably tops the list.

My grandfather has his name on some war memorial in Bendigo, so yeah maybe.

Enduring 2 hours of jubilant squawking drunken Magpies on a train journey back to Southern Cross on a Sunday night is something to consider though. :(
Isolate them on rear carriage. dump at broadmeadows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back